New FO ships in platoons (merged+dev response)

Replies

• Options
    Dunedain wrote: »
    5* FO SF Tie Fighter for Phase 4 now?......their business model is tailored to absolutely destroy the relationship with the community, how sad

I am really interested in EA/CG's opinion of how their relationship is with the community(us).

The only relationship they're interested in, is the one with our wallets.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Greenmojo
    214 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    As a leader in my guild I am so disappointed that platoon missions now requires the new ships which is behind a paywall.

All our farming efforts for the past months means nothing since noone in my guild is gonna spend the money on the new ships.

This makes me want to give up on TB completely.
  • Options
    I do wish they would exclude toons currently in new release portion of cadence, hopefully it's not in every platoon for you OP.
  • Options
    More importantly they are DARK SIDE ships which have no business in REBEL HOTH
  • Options
    In fairness if it was just light side ships, people wouldn't be able to fill platoon and also do the combat mission
  • Options
    JakeC wrote: »
    In fairness if it was just light side ships, people wouldn't be able to fill platoon and also do the combat mission

That sounds like a CG release issue not a player issue.
    Also, this will get merged.
    Finally, adding any thing to Platoons should follow some release cadence... of some type.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Yeah, this was a bush league move.

But are any of us really surprised? This game has been on a "bush league" move tirade for at least a year.

Just wait for the Jedi Rey annoucement. THAT will be something.

**cough**Veteran Han** **cough**Veteran Chewie**
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    This is just crazy EA. I second Greenmojo. How can you do something like this where we have spent so much time as a guild getting toons and ships and just decide to toss in just released ships so that no guild can accomplish a complete squadron unless a couple guild members spend 300 bucks each.
  • Options
    ..unless a couple guild members spend 300 bucks each.[/quote]
    Just answered your own question!
  • Options
    Why is this one in ship platoons today? The only way to farm this one is with money. We can pretty much cover the other ones, but locking platoons behind a paywall?
  • Options
    JVU420 wrote: »
    It's always gonna have new toons and ships added to platoons. It's not unfair to your guilds. It's the advantage for p2p players. This will not change.

Thats fair enough P2P players deserve an advantage, but to the point where you have to spend £300-500 to get one ship for a platoon? that's just unfair.
  • Options
    It's always gonna have new toons and ships added to platoons. It's not unfair to your guilds. It's the advantage for p2p players. This will not change.

P2W players get the advantage of the new toons in every other mode of the game for months ahead of F2P. Expecting players to throw several hundred dollars away on rigged crystal packs in order to complete a major game mode is just greedy and shows how little they care about the player base.
  • Options
    I think this one isn't greed so much as a screw-up, they just don't want to admit that they're bad coders, so they let us think it was another cash grab, because we will all believe that.
  • Options
    I think this one isn't greed so much as a screw-up, they just don't want to admit that they're bad coders, so they let us think it was another cash grab, because we will all believe that.

Doesn't surprise me. Many, many, many times people have reported bugs, and instead of fixing them, the devs make an announcement stating they are going to change the rules, which just so happen to make the bug no longer a bug, but "working as intended"
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options

Would you be okay with it, if they decided that the Rancor was now immune to TMR, except for a new toon who has TMR that the Rancor is not immune to? A new toon who, btw, is premium only for the next 3 months?

Or would you be okay with it, if they decided that the Zeta challenge now *required* a new ship, which will be premium for 3 months?

This isn't about advantage for P2P players, they already have one. This is about them trying to render the previously possible, impossible if you don't pony up
  • Options
    could we please have a grace period before these ships are entered into the platoon pools?
    its hard enough filling ship platoons with the just recently made farmable ships (****, tie reaper, kylo, cassian etc) but its impossible with these 2x ships as they are not farmable at all yet and to have them at 5stars (todays battles) plus 6 (for tomorrows platoons) would even put them beyond a spenders range, you would need super spenders in your guild.
    today we have 4x tie silencers in platoons and 2x the new FOTF so no point adding anything to platoons as unlike the other annoying ones (ships mentioned and toons like lobot, pabloo, pao etc) they cannot be worked towards at all
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Oh bury me not on the lone prairie, where the coyotes howl and the wind blows free....
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Milleniu Falcon and new ewoks also occured in platoons before they became farmable. It's no different. You will have to skip some platoons. That's all. It's all good.
  • Options
    Dog act. No doubt about it.

At least it was on the ships, a stage where it's 'easier to 3*

• Options
    Viserys wrote: »

Would you be okay with it, if they decided that the Rancor was now immune to TMR, except for a new toon who has TMR that the Rancor is not immune to? A new toon who, btw, is premium only for the next 3 months?

Or would you be okay with it, if they decided that the Zeta challenge now *required* a new ship, which will be premium for 3 months?

This isn't about advantage for P2P players, they already have one. This is about them trying to render the previously possible, impossible if you don't pony up

Well said. There has been so many issues already with tb and some still continue. Why add to it? Even if they said yesterday “hey heads up all new toons will be in platoons, would suck yea, but at least it wouldn’t it feel this sleazy or fake or looking at player reaction and then recalibrating.
  • Options
    So, they say first 3 platoons wil be always the same, in a rotation, cool, but the last 3 will be filling with new toons that are P2P, basically, no?? So by all means this makes the last 3 phases a massive paywall, so no one that is f2 p will have those toons available at 5-6-7 stars, that puts me off a little but well, I reckon what all of you think about it.
  • Options
    I have no problems with this. It’s a way to give an andvantage to spenders while still making everything obtainable. Platoons are not a necessary part of TB. Yes, they help, but you can get 45 stars without them.
  • Options
    I have no problems with this. It’s a way to give an andvantage to spenders while still making everything obtainable. Platoons are not a necessary part of TB. Yes, they help, but you can get 45 stars without them.

I don’t like the way it was done :neutral:
  • Options
    I think it's dirty pool. And no, I don't like it.
  • Options

Well, if you cannot complete any platoons from phase 4 onwards, there is no way in the world a guild has enough GP to get to 45*, unless they are P2P, so then they will have the toons needed.
    If it was restricted to 2/6 platoons per territory then that’s another thing, but as they stated, we will always be racing with a dead horse as we never gonna be able to complete platoons, so we better focus on..... well, anything that is not TB

Ps: I love BT and as well the way they work, if they implement that any platoon will have the P2P toons, well, that’s just gonna make the guil not to bother abut something so time consuming.
  • Options

this guy gets it^^
  • Options

1st we already when through this with ewoks. No issues here with that 114/114 in combats.

2. If they decide to do that with a rancor I wouldn't mind. The rancor is pretty boring as is, and if I wanted to I would buy the toon.

3. If they require a ship for a zeta challenge I would buy it if I wanted to play it.

4. With your example premium for 3 months that's the advantage of p2p. You can always wait till it goes ftp. It is not impossible.

• Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Milleniu Falcon and new ewoks also occured in platoons before they became farmable. It's no different. You will have to skip some platoons. That's all. It's all good.

+1
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I think people are not understanding the types of players here. There is F2P, P2P, Dolphins, Whales and Krackens. With the ammount of money it costs to 7* just one of the new releases it would eliminate F2P, P2P, Dolphins, Most Whales. This is completely alienating 99% of there player base from being able to fill these slots. Only players who are willing to spend thousands a month will be able to keep up with the demands of platoons if this keeps up. Its really disgracefully unfair how platoons have been done. Even a hardnode only farm is just about acceptable but having new releases where you have to buy RNG packs for real money just to fill a spot in a platoon is a terrible move, and no people wont stop complaining about it. There is a lot of whining on the forums but this is a valid concern and people will/should not stop mentioning this until something fair is done to resolve the issue