New Nightsister Zombie is imbalanced

Prev134
Anton23
143 posts Member
edited November 2017
Take Nightsister Acolyte with Nightsister Zombie and you can defeat almost everyone. Acolyte will always be in stealth and only AOE can reach her while Zombie will be constantly dying. But what if we go further and take squad: Nute (leader), Acolyte, Leia, Geonosian Spy and Zombie. Leia, Spy and Acolyte will always be in stealth and can destroy any meta team while Zombie is reviving. Is it fair? I think no. Devs should do something with this Zombie with it's overpowered revive skill. Devs please make something because their are ruining the game.

Video from AhnaldT101 demonstrate this problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa5ClsASgK4

Replies

• Options
    Wedge (L), Lando, x, x, x beats that team easily.
  • Anton23
    143 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Qvrstvfsp wrote: »

This team can beat it, yes. But what was the last time you've seen such teams in top-100? I don't even remember. Isn't it fair that this team might climb very high? You have to invest a little resources in this team and it can destroy gear 12 meta toons which players have been developing for weeks and months. It's stupid that very poor team can beat much stronger teams due to unstopable reviving! Something must be done with Zombie!
  • Options
    Anton23 wrote: »
    Qvrstvfsp wrote: »

This team can beat it, yes. But what was the last time you've seen such teams in top-100? I don't even remember. Isn't it fair that this team might climb very high? You have to invest a little resources in this team and it can destroy gear 12 meta toons which players have been developing for weeks and months. It's **** that very poor team can beat much stronger teams due to unstopable reviving! Something must be done with Zombie!

Death Trooper. Baze. B2. Anyone with a decent AOE or with AOE buff removal.
  • Options
    Wedge lead is prolly even better, than at least Leia heals (for when facing AOE teams).
  • Options
    Leave Nute alone, hes been through enough =P
    In all honesty Im not a fan of this new mechanic, but I get it. To make Nightsisters sell you gotta take DRASTIC measures. Drastic? Durastic? eh.
  • Options
    Han shoots first.

B2 likes stealth people.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    Guys, I posted these not because I don't know how to beat them. The reason was to tell that this unstoppable reviving is completely imbalanced. This Nute + nightsisters squad shouldn't beat much stronger teams.
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Guys, I posted these not because I don't know how to beat them. The reason was to tell that this unstoppable reviving is completely imbalanced. This Nute + nightsisters squad shouldn't beat much stronger teams.

It's Nute Gunray dude. He's one of the worst toons in the game. Probably worse than Pao. How can you be this upset about it?

All the Zombie/Acolyte combo does is exploit the weakness of the CLS single-target meta. It doesn't beat General Zarriss teams and it loses to any AOE.
  • Options
    So zombie is imbalanced and CLS not. I get it!!
  • Options

It's Nute Gunray dude. He's one of the worst toons in the game. Probably worse than Pao. How can you be this upset about it?

All the Zombie/Acolyte combo does is exploit the weakness of the CLS single-target meta. It doesn't beat General Zarriss teams and it loses to any AOE.

Nute is worse than Pao? Maybe, but if he is the worst - he shouldn't beat the best!

• onestone
    13 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    A good team without CLS which hasn't reached the meta yet? Yes we need a fix a.s.a.p.
  • Options
    onestone wrote: »
    A good team without CLS which hasn't reached the meta yet? Yes we need a fix a.s.a.p.

He raises a valid point.com
  • Options

well it's not a "fair" team (just like Lugo) so I believe it deserves a nerf of some sort.
  • Options
    On one hand, it's annoying that Commander Luke dominates Arena. It's one toon! On the other hand, it's annoying that four or five easily obtainable toons can beat the anything-but-easy-to-obtain CLS. I can see both sides.

Personally, I think it's immoral to pay nothing for a game you enjoy (or even a game you don't enjoy for that matter). You're just riding on the back of all the whales (I'm not a whale--more like a baby dolphin--but at least I contribute). It makes me wonder how many players have truly spent nothing on the game.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

well it's not a "fair" team (just like Lugo) so I believe it deserves a nerf of some sort.
    CLS seems much more toxic to the arena than NS zombie so I suggest CLS should be nerfed first.
  • Options
    Normally, I wouldn't approve of the Nightsister Zombie revive mechanic. BUT, it stomps most current CLS teams into the ground so I approve.

Nerfing Nightsister Zombie would be dumb at this point. It is the ONLY thing people with General Kenobi and CLS can do to get into the top 10, not because it's insanely overpowered, but because it's a counter! I know CLS isn't used to having those, but these stealth teams take advantage of the two things CLS teams don't have: AOE, and AOE dispels.
  • Options
    So using tactics/mechanics of a character to use against "Meta teams" is not OP. it is smart. The duo you mentioned is not OP in that it wins all content in the game. It wins at one or two particular areas. That is tactics/mechanics working as intended.
  • Options
    Maybe they should put a limit on the zombie revives. Something like ... 10?
  • Options
    No need to nerf that zombie. It is a strange mechanic in that team, but its easy to beat.
    If you use that CLS team and face such a stealth team, you need to change your team a bit to beat it.
    Its better like that because you need to adapt to beat specific teams.
    Being able to win against everything with always the same team is no good for the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy section, since a slight adjustment to your strategy makes that team easy to beat.
  • Options
    Tarugo91 wrote: »
    Maybe they should put a limit on the zombie revives. Something like ... 10?

Haha! a good point!
  • Options
    So this happened. I had a full set of night sisters against one unmasked Kylo Ren in arena. I couldn't defeat him he kept regaining health. I don't know if my nightsisters were gear up enough but I do have Daka 6*geared 8 Talzin 5* gear 8 level 63 , zombie, ventress, talia @62 . Plague had no effect and basics couldn't reduce his health in time, so we timed out.

• Options
    Carn wrote: »
    No need to nerf that zombie. It is a strange mechanic in that team, but its easy to beat.
    If you use that CLS team and face such a stealth team, you need to change your team a bit to beat it.
    Its better like that because you need to adapt to beat specific teams.
    Being able to win against everything with always the same team is no good for the game.

You don't even have to change your team. You just have to play smart. Without having a full NS team to back up this strategy, a human player can stop it long before it ever starts. This team would hold terrible on defense.
  • Options
    Soon as we move to a meta with any aoe in it this will be totally gone. Let people enjoy it while they can. It's a creative counter vs. the current set of heroes most use....or you could NOT run CLS-single target meta like all the other players and put AOE in your team now if you're really worried about it. I haven't run CLS in arena for almost 2 weeks now and defending better than ever with Talzin-based squads.
  • Options
    Dont worry. Jedi Rey will probably have aoe dispel and buff immunity in one attack :wink:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dont worry. Jedi Rey will probably have aoe dispel and buff immunity in one attack :wink:

Don't forget insta kill primary target and override any ability to revive.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Don't forget insta kill primary target and override any ability to revive.
    You can select a target to kill. You can select anyone ignoring taunts and stealth
  • Options
    Offense is easy. Fought almost this exact team last night and won in about 40 seconds. It's a great setup on offense, sure, but so are about 50 other team comps.
  • Options
    This is EXACTLY the type of team we need MORE of. It adds variety to the meta because it adds multiple teams. You get the team running this strategy, and then you get new teams that can counter this strategy and make a joke out of it. It’s that Rock-Paper-Scissors thing we all want more of. These types of teams are so much better than a CLS meta team that you just plug in for any situation against any opponent.
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Chagoth wrote: »
    Personally, I think it's immoral to pay nothing for a game you enjoy (or even a game you don't enjoy for that matter). You're just riding on the back of all the whales (I'm not a whale--more like a baby dolphin--but at least I contribute). It makes me wonder how many players have truly spent nothing on the game.

Firstly, nobody mentioned money. Bringing it up just to talk bad about ftp is unnecessary.

Secondly, ftp don't "ride on the back of all the whales". Without ftp - a vast majority of the playerbase - there wouldn't be anyone to whale against, and no game. I've spent a fair amount of money on the game myself, and I think it's immoral that you think people have to spend money on a free game. If this was an independently developed/published game, I'd be more inclined to agree with you. But this is EA. They don't need to bleed everyone dry to make their mountains of cash.

You do realize that the casual spenders are being outpriced (ie crystal booster going away) solely because of the whales' willingness to drop loads of cash, right? There were a lot of people that only bought the booster and don't spend at all now. The whales have nobody to blame but themselves. Well, EA gets some blame too.