Post Killing

Prev1
I don’t know why there are many people on here who think that when a post gets moved to the appropriate sub forum that the post is suddenly killed.

If you do think that, are you aware that the tab “recent discussions”, shows posts from al sub forums? Cuz, to me it’s still just as alive as the rest.

Replies

• Options
    Unless it has been moved to the "Bugs Archive" section - where no one can reply...and no one looks anymore. In that case, it is killed. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Unless it has been moved to the "Bugs Archive" section - where no one can reply...and no one looks anymore. In that case, it is killed. ;)

Indeed, and there no one can reply/see, thus effectively killed.
  • Options
    Kill this
  • Options
    gflegui wrote: »
    Kill this

That bad huh? Why? I figure the problem is just not being fully informed, so I thought of it as a PSA
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    OP gets it.

This is the only forum I've ever used where so many people do not get it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    In before the kill!
  • Options
    Well let’s do our part as well. There’s a bunch of us active enough to show and inform some of the other forumers on here.
    Insert Billy Maddison peeing pants gif here.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    unfortunately you´ll get a ton of recruiment posts to sift through when using "recent discussions"
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    Ender22 wrote: »
    I don’t know why there are many people on here who think that when a post gets moved to the appropriate sub forum that the post is suddenly killed.

If you do think that, are you aware that the tab “recent discussions”, shows posts from al sub forums? Cuz, to me it’s still just as alive as the rest.

Those other sections don't get near the same foot traffic and threads from nearly a month ago still being on first page are what fuel those statements
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Those other sections don't get near the same foot traffic and threads from nearly a month ago still being on first page are what fuel those statements

But really, everyone should just be looking at recent discussions, unless you’re specifically looking for strategy, or something off topic like general discussion.

Those other sections will get less foot traffic. That’s how splitting things up works. But if you want to see everything, go to recent discussions.

And as leef pointed out, sift through the Many guild recruitment, which also start off trying in general discussion a lot of the time anyways
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    unfortunately you´ll get a ton of recruiment posts to sift through when using "recent discussions"
    Which isn’t that bad since quite a few of them have rather creative and original names that entertain me. Or at least more entertaining than the 5000th post complaining about GW.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    The changes are killing the activity on this forum. I like the old way better.
  • Options
    Because most people don't look at the sub forums
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    Don’t over-react, it’s fine. Just go to other parts of the board. Your life isn’t that hard.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Because most people don't look at the sub forums

Neither do I lol. I look at recent discussions. What do you look at?
  • Options

I would upvote this...but that was killed too. :'(

In an effort to make it "easier to find" things, they've made it virtually impossible for people to get answers to questions. "Recent discussions" doesn't help either, as half of it is guild recruitment stuff.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options

But really, everyone should just be looking at recent discussions, unless you’re specifically looking for strategy, or something off topic like general discussion.

Those other sections will get less foot traffic. That’s how splitting things up works. But if you want to see everything, go to recent discussions.

And as leef pointed out, sift through the Many guild recruitment, which also start off trying in general discussion a lot of the time anyways

You (and Leef) point out the problem. Recent discussions does no good when most of it is guild recruitment stuff. It worked far better when new questions/problems/etc. were left in general and the guild recruitment stuff was moved. Now everything gets moved and even those of us who want help, don't see half the questions, as we don't want to go through every single subforum.

It's almost as if they are trying to make the forums as useless as possible. Reddit is looking better by the day.

• Options
    Well, yeah, I wouldn’t mind guild recruitment not being a part of recent discussions, as that is an advertisement and not a discussion.

Upvote was great too. They never gave a reason as to why they took that away.

B
  • Options
    Well, yeah, I wouldn’t mind guild recruitment not being a part of recent discussions, as that is an advertisement and not a discussion.

B

I don’t think it was the upvote ;)
  • Options
    It’s easy. Check General Discusdion, check Character Strategy, check the active event’s subforum, chec off topic. Couple extra clicks won’t kill you.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

B

I don’t think it was the upvote ;)

:D I'm picking up what you're putting down.

As for the op.... Yeah... I just go to the 1 or 2 subforums I'm interested in and ignore the rest.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Szelenas wrote: »

This^^

Not true, people are doing it. The sub forums have always been there, people goose not to ready them/post in them is the problem.

The old way the forum say a lot of activity because people would repeatedly post things rather than search or look past page 2 or 3. This led to alot of clutter and repeats, but did lend itself to the "lazy man's (or woman's )" approach of one stop shopping.

In an effort to make it "easier to find" things, they've made it virtually impossible for people to get answers to questions. "Recent discussions" doesn't help either, as half of it is guild recruitment stuff.

I would beg to differ, if you come here to talk strategy there is a sub for that.

You want to post character ideas or read them...there is a sub for that.

You want to criticize the new direction for the website, there is a sub for that too.

The new guild and player event sections have made it easy to keep multiple posts about what is going on there in one place and not just repeating the same thing in general.

It's all perspective and from what we are told this is not the final stage there is more to come like that events section to make things easier to navigate and possibly less subs to allow more conversation but to isolate each topic so things don't get buried by the "nerf x toon" posts.

Yes it may appear less active and maybe some of them are, but this design is better as real conversations can happen about topics that would just go away previously because of sheer numbers of posts.

As always any ideas, criticism or general thoughts about what is going on please feel free to message kozi, she is the grand master of this design and has all the answers.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Szelenas wrote: »

This^^

Not true, people are doing it. The sub forums have always been there, people goose not to ready them/post in them is the problem.

The old way the forum say a lot of activity because people would repeatedly post things rather than search or look past page 2 or 3. This led to alot of clutter and repeats, but did lend itself to the "lazy man's (or woman's )" approach of one stop shopping.

I would beg to differ, if you come here to talk strategy there is a sub for that.

You want to post character ideas or read them...there is a sub for that.

You want to criticize the new direction for the website, there is a sub for that too.

The new guild and player event sections have made it easy to keep multiple posts about what is going on there in one place and not just repeating the same thing in general.

It's all perspective and from what we are told this is not the final stage there is more to come like that events section to make things easier to navigate and possibly less subs to allow more conversation but to isolate each topic so things don't get buried by the "nerf x toon" posts.

Yes it may appear less active and maybe some of them are, but this design is better as real conversations can happen about topics that would just go away previously because of sheer numbers of posts.

As always any ideas, criticism or general thoughts about what is going on please feel free to message kozi, she is the grand master of this design and has all the answers.

Best mod this side of the Mississippi !

But wait don’t pm @CG_Kozispoon yet! I need to ask her if it’s f5 day today? Or tomorrow? Morning, Koz!
  • Options
    @Kyno @CG_Kozispoon can we get the guild advertisements to not be considered discussions? Apparently it’s seen as enough of clutter in recent discussions that people don’t want to use it
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    @Kyno @CG_Kozispoon can we get the guild advertisements to not be considered discussions? Apparently it’s seen as enough of clutter in recent discussions that people don’t want to use it

Hiya!
    This is actually a great idea. Lemme look into it.
    ezgif.com-resize-14-3.gif

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options

Gj, ender!
  • Options

Gj, ender!

This is what collaboration and forums are about ^_^
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hookay!
    Content from Guild recruitment and PVP and rivalry should no longer be in recent discussions. Cheers!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options

Gj, ender!

This is what collaboration and forums are about ^_^
    Hookay!
    Content from Guild recruitment and PVP and rivalry should no longer be in recent discussions. Cheers!

Yes! Ty Koz