20 zetas really ?

Prev1
been playing this game the last 6months im just now 81 ... come to find out you need 20 zetas to get certain abilities up to 8 really ???

why in the world is it 20 zetas ? i just dont get that "end game" of it. and at least by the time you can unlock your first zeta ,they should have at least given a "Zeta challenge" besides the needing 5* tarkin ship and 8 other 5* ships ..... its just a joke of a concept.

yes i know this game is grindy , but this is little ridiculous, 20 days once you hit lvl 85 to farm ONE SINGULAR ABILITY . seems like this is just a ploy from E.A. to keep high level players around for longer . i still have to farm a singular zeta and think im done with this game. at least make the stuff some what obtainable , not having to waste 2/3 of a month to a mobile game for an ability material.

i love star wars but E.A. is really screwing up star wars for me :unamused:

Replies

• Options
    they come quickly, depending on your fleet shard. work on your ships, not the zeta mats, get where you are taking top five daily in ships, the currency will start to flow /in, and you will be able to buy one zeta a month
  • Options
    like omegas are fine 1 a day and at least i had enough omegas by the time i was lvl 80 to get some abilities up ... but by the time your 82 you cant even get ONE zeta going for you o.O just seems like they want to try and milk you for everything youre worth FeelsBadMan
  • Options
    Lol, wait till you find out the drop rate of Zetas from the Zeta challenge.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum. Take a look around and you'll see why people talk so much about what zetas are worth it and which ones are not. They're rare, and intended to be so. Many of them are very powerful, game-changing abilities. Keeping them rare causes players to make decisions and focus in a certain area, creating diversity in the game.
  • Options

Meerava wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum. Take a look around and you'll see why people talk so much about what zetas are worth it and which ones are not. They're rare, and intended to be so. Many of them are very powerful, game-changing abilities. Keeping them rare causes players to make decisions and focus in a certain area, creating diversity in the game.

yeah but a freaking month to farm the ability ,thats even rarer than seeing vader ship in ship shop lmfao .
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

+1. This is a great explanation.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

is why I did not even bring that up ^^
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options

yeah but a freaking month to farm the ability ,thats even rarer than seeing vader ship in ship shop lmfao .

When you unlock the zeta challenge, combined with doing well in arena so you can purchase shards it isn't so bad.
  • Options
    Zetas are frustrating in the beginning. They are rare, and they never seem to drop.
    But when you gave your most vital toons a zeta, and don't really have any purpose for them, they accumulate rather fast. I'm sitting on 40+ zetas and don't know what to do with them. So do not despair. There is light over the horizon. There are no carbantis, but there is light.
  • Options

dont think imma be playing that long , think im about to uninstall now . wasted 6months for nothing and not about to waste more time for 20 zetas . wanted a sick sith team ( they suck in arena,without a nihlius lead ,and im not about to spend money on this crap shoot of a game just to get him )
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »

When you unlock the zeta challenge, combined with doing well in arena so you can purchase shards it isn't so bad.

You mean the zeta challenge that gives roughly 2 a month? OP, you are just hitting the top of the iceberg regarding how difficult and money grubbing it is
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »

"it isnt so bad " yeah maybe for you. i cant even get 5star ships bc most of my ships are darkside maul vader boba fett are so rare in teh ship shop .
  • Options
    I thought it would take a year to get my first zeta. I am now at 10 zeta abilities. Honestly, I’m having a hard time keeping up with the purple mats... some abilities require 40!
  • Options
    [/quote]

You mean the zeta challenge that gives roughly 2 a month? OP, you are just hitting the top of the iceberg regarding how difficult and money grubbing it is[/quote]

thank you im glad im not the only here that thinks this . E.A. has ruined our beloved star wars and its a FeelsBadMan. theyre just money hungry and its getting old .
  • Options

dont think imma be playing that long , think im about to uninstall now . wasted 6months for nothing and not about to waste more time for 20 zetas . wanted a sick sith team ( they suck in arena,without a nihlius lead ,and im not about to spend money on this **** shoot of a game just to get him )

Zetas are about the closest thing they had to end game content, something to keep things lively once you level capped. If they where easy to get, people would have run out of things long ago to farm for, and thus quit the game then.
    Now, there is G12, but even that is filling up quickly. There are draw backs to farming them out slowly, but honestly imho it is better then having them easy to obtain
  • DasMurich
    245 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The OP reaction is essential feedback.

Zeta materials are extremely rare but zeta abilities are not at all. They're being slapped on everything that comes in to the game on top of being rewritten for and added to toons that have already been around. It needs to change especially with the TB, impending TW, and eventual Darkside TB.

"...think I'm done..." Is what happens. He's finished all his chores to find out he's unlocked more chores.
  • Options
    LtGenStu wrote: »
    I thought it would take a year to get my first zeta. I am now at 10 zeta abilities. Honestly, I’m having a hard time keeping up with the purple mats... some abilities require 40!

yeah thats not gonna happen with me XD maul , vader , fett's shipps rarely show up in the shop . would probbe another 2months just til i unlocked to challenge..... so why would i waste 1/3 of the time i played already to just unlock ONE challenge . " that may or may not drop everytime" ..... seems boring to me . weekly progression would be nice . not monthly
  • Options
    DasMurich wrote: »
    The OP reaction is essential feedback.

Zeta materials are extremely rare but zeta abilities are not at all. They're being slapped on everything that comes in to the game on top of being rewritten for and added to toons that have already been around. It needs to change especially with the TB, impending TW, and eventual Darkside TB.

"...think I'm done..." Is what happens. He's finished all his chores to find out he's unlocked more chores.

its not even that .... those chores are weeks long to even get . at least with omegas im already getting them daily at lvl 80. zetas at my point are unobtainable bc of my ship set up :/ vader maul and fetts ship never show up in shop and are making is near impossible for me to get even the zeta challenge to even get "to try to farm zetas"

so yeah im a lil infuriated with the system and how they implemented it.
  • Options
    He's also given the game 6 months to start to feel fun. More than fair.
  • Options
    Don't worry....theres very few zetas that actually make a difference
  • Options
    The only one of those ships i used was Vader’s. None of my ships are past 5 star and I got 3 stars on the ability mat challenge on my 2nd try. It can be done.
  • Options
    DasMurich wrote: »
    He's also given the game 6 months to start to feel fun. More than fair.

it was funner in the first 70 lvls because your constantly making progression once you hit 72-75 it just snails pace into nothing . and get somewhat boring and more a "daily task" than playing a game. ya feel me ?
  • Options
    It's great zetas are op so that's why you have to wait. Trust me it would not be good if there were loads floating around.
  • Options
    This is how this game works!
    All depends on your priorities !!
  • Wolfkid
    51 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Zetas do not give diversity in a game as a poster above mentioned, due to people figuring out which zetas are worth it such as with CLS, raid han, and r2d2. Having zeta mats rare causes the opposite effect of diversity. It prevents you from putting zeta on different teams/heroes that are not meta.
  • Options
    If you farm a decent ship squad and can hover around level 50 in the ship arena most days, you can afford to purchase four zeta mats a week.

If you start to slip down the ranks, stop buying zetas and focus on strengthening your ships/pilots to get your rank back.

• Options
    The cool new characters have three zeta abilities.
  • Options
    It's like at Disney, where you think you're almost at the front of the line, only to round the corner and see another several hundred people in a serpentine line.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Obe2Kenobi wrote: »
    It's great zetas are op so that's why you have to wait. Trust me it would not be good if there were loads floating around.

They are not that rare when the top 100 Arena teams have 5 zeta characters in them or multiple zetas on CLS R2 and Barriss.
  • Options
    Obe2Kenobi wrote: »

They are not that rare when the top 100 Arena teams have 5 zeta characters in them or multiple zetas on CLS R2 and Barriss.

Yet you can still take 1st with a no zeta team ;)