Battlefront 2 owners

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I love the game, and completely disagree with all the complaints of poor controls/scheme(at least while using a controller). Me being a huge Star Wars goober, and huge battles certainly help.

That said, the loot box debacle is/was terrible, and the loading and terrible design elements are even worse. I can't come up with a single good reason we can't mess with classes/cards while waiting for a match to start.

I do agree the controls are a bit iffy, if only for ships. The throttle up, spin is no bueno. Personally lack of offline content is why I'm not rushing out and spending the 60.
  • Options
    I love the game, and completely disagree with all the complaints of poor controls/scheme(at least while using a controller). Me being a huge Star Wars goober, and huge battles certainly help.

That said, the loot box debacle is/was terrible, and the loading and terrible design elements are even worse. I can't come up with a single good reason we can't mess with classes/cards while waiting for a match to start.

I agree with you, but if EA was gonna give us free dlc they have to make money somehow
  • Options

I agree with you, but if EA was gonna give us free dlc they have to make money somehow

Not to be obtuse, but possibly by designing a game free of a huge scandal/backlash right before launch, causing a large percent of people to no longer purchase said product.

You act like we didn't pay $60 for the game to begin with.
  • Admiral_Wh1skers
    1352 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    [cod Rip Iden Versio[/code]
    BattleFront2 spoiler
  • Options

Not to be obtuse, but possibly by designing a game free of a huge scandal/backlash right before launch, causing a large percent of people to no longer purchase said product.

You act like we didn't pay $60 for the game to begin with.

You're not thinking of the executives lavish life style. Rich lives matter!!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

I really do not understand what EA are doing with this game.

Loot boxes = pay 2 win advantages and gambling aspect to the game. I understand why they have taken this part away.

But now we are getting free Captain Phasma and free Finn Heroes - not to mention free continued story mode DLC????

These are the kind of game add-ons people expect to pay for - don't get me wrong, I like the fact that they are free, but its like they are scared to charge the players for anything now, lol
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »

Loot boxes = pay 2 win advantages and gambling aspect to the game. I understand why they have taken this part away.

But now we are getting free Captain Phasma and free Finn Heroes - not to mention free continued story mode DLC????

These are the kind of game add-ons people expect to pay for - don't get me wrong, I like the fact that they are free, but its like they are scared to charge the players for anything now, lol

EA heavily advertised the fact that DLC and updates will be free, long before the lootboxes blew up in their face. The backlash if they suddenly dropped paid expansion content would be enormous.
  • Options
    They should be afraid to make the promised dlc into paid content. They need to pay for their sins of loot boxes somehow. Ideally the market should be driven by what the consumer wants, not what generates profits, because in an ideal world providing what the consumer wants is what generates profits.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

EA heavily advertised the fact that DLC and updates will be free, long before the lootboxes blew up in their face. The backlash if they suddenly dropped paid expansion content would be enormous.

Oh I didn't know that.

Wow, I guess they really did shoot themselves in the foot didn't they?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    They should be afraid to make the promised dlc into paid content. They need to pay for their sins of loot boxes somehow. Ideally the market should be driven by what the consumer wants, not what generates profits, because in an ideal world providing what the consumer wants is what generates profits.

Wise as Master Yoda, you are.
  • Options
    What was your response re: lootbox?

I think the lootbox thing was blown way out of proportion. At first I thought it was terrible, but I kind of just got over it and went on with life.

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    sneeyatch wrote: »

I think the lootbox thing was blown way out of proportion. At first I thought it was terrible, but I kind of just got over it and went on with life.

Yes but they haven't brought them back as it was intended - people could buy endless amounts of lootboxes.

I don't think the lootbox thing was blown out of proportion at all. We as gamers have enabled the gamve development companies to evolve their DLC and add-ons into lootboxes with overreaching prices.

When ME3 came out in 2012, the Prothean character and his story was deliberately removed fromt he game by EA, but was released immediately upon release of the game, as DLC. It cost $10 - it was a scandal.

But $10 was a reasonable cost for a new character and a whole story arc in the game - plus I knew what I was paying for.

Like I say this behaviours from the Game companies has evolved and we have allowed it to do so. Lootboxes - you are paying $x for something you may not even get - its gambling and also ingrains the gambling psych or behaviours into younger and more impressionable gamers.

This game (lets take the VS pack) it costs me $50 for 50 shards of Han & Chewie plus a bit of gear, materials and some credits - at the end of the day I am paying $50 (pretty much the cost of ME3 when it came out in 2012) for portions of character - not a single complete character. Its come a long way from that $10 purchase a few years ago.

If the players don't put their foot down somewhere - where does it go from here.

In a few years after paying $80 for a new game title would you want to waste $100 for a chance at getting something you need in that game to even try to stay competitive?
  • Options

Yes but they haven't brought them back as it was intended - people could buy endless amounts of lootboxes.

I don't think the lootbox thing was blown out of proportion at all. We as gamers have enabled the gamve development companies to evolve their DLC and add-ons into lootboxes with overreaching prices.

When ME3 came out in 2012, the Prothean character and his story was deliberately removed fromt he game by EA, but was released immediately upon release of the game, as DLC. It cost $10 - it was a scandal.

But $10 was a reasonable cost for a new character and a whole story arc in the game - plus I knew what I was paying for.

Like I say this behaviours from the Game companies has evolved and we have allowed it to do so. Lootboxes - you are paying $x for something you may not even get - its gambling and also ingrains the gambling psych or behaviours into younger and more impressionable gamers.

This game (lets take the VS pack) it costs me $50 for 50 shards of Han & Chewie plus a bit of gear, materials and some credits - at the end of the day I am paying $50 (pretty much the cost of ME3 when it came out in 2012) for portions of character - not a single complete character. Its come a long way from that $10 purchase a few years ago.

If the players don't put their foot down somewhere - where does it go from here.

In a few years after paying $80 for a new game title would you want to waste $100 for a chance at getting something you need in that game to even try to stay competitive?

I agree boo. It also exploits those prone to gambling and/or those who need to advance by any means. They're taking a fundamental psychological need and turning it into a profit source. Basically those who have a gratification disorder and love gaming are being exploited as much as you or I.
  • Options

With this sort of mentality, one could fathom that we will reach a point where only the whales will be gamers. Think of the game fishy, you start out as a chub and eventually get so big you destroy the ecosystem of the pond. Consumers should tell the game companies what they want and the companies should provide that, not the other way around. I foresee this as only the tip of the spear of change.