Kylo Ren Unmasked

Prev1
Im just wondering why they would make a character that literally cant be killed by 5 other characters. Everytime I hit him he gains almost all the damage i dealt to him. Then when hes a quarter of the way done with him he uses his heal attack and back to 100%. I have had 3 time outs in pvp matches because hes impossible to kill. Does anybody else think this is messed up.

Replies

• Options
    Im just wondering why they would make a character that literally cant be killed by 5 other characters. Everytime I hit him he gains almost all the damage i dealt to him. Then when hes a quarter of the way done with him he uses his heal attack and back to 100%. I have had 3 time outs in pvp matches because hes impossible to kill. Does anybody else think this is messed up.

You must be fighting completely maxed out Kylos, because I haven't had that problem. He's not too bad if you can't apply healing immunity or shock, or hit him with Zhan or Luke
  • Options
    I use unmasked in my team and he dies really fast, but I guess cuz I'm 4*
  • Options
    I have him at release rarity, gear XI, both ZETAs.

also ZFOTP ZFOST officer & Zylo with good to great mods.

Can't even scratch CLS teams.

Really, really, really disappointing.
  • Options
    Is OP fighting a hacked kylo or what. I haven't seen anything like that.
  • Options
    I'm using KRU at 3* gear 10 in my team. He has 39k protection and 20k health. He does his job in my team as tank but he is definitely not unbeatable
  • Options
    I'm running into the same thing, actually. It seems that he's nearly impossible to beat if he's hit with anything besides straight damage. I've noticed that killing-off every character around him also makes him easier to beat? Not sure what's going on with KRU, seems broken to me.
  • Options
    I ran I to the same thing last level galactic war he was only level 57 with level 5 scarred I used all the characters in my inventory and he healed with every hit he took kind of pointless to play if ai characters can't lose you would thing they would make a better character invincible considering kylo ren was the weakest character in star wars history
  • Options
    For the that ae struggling ...what star count and gear level??
  • Options
    ...is the Kru you're facing I mean
  • Options
    I just encountered the same thing. It was a 5 star kylo level 63. I have 3 7 star and 2 6. Level 68. That kylo was invincible.
  • Options
    The same thing... came across 7* KRU in Territory Battles (19873 Power) and no matter what I throw at him, he is just getting stronger. We currently have 7 attempts and he refuses to go down. Get close to zero life, then he just starts boosting back up.
  • Options
    Speed and healing debuff (I believe shock stops this too but I'm not positive) I haven't had any problems. Ability block from TFP blocks it. He's kind of squishy if you take his skills away. Zavage mitigates him stunning my toons. I think I even beat him with a Wiggs team.
  • Daeva
    55 posts Member
    Options
    7star fully equipped 48k protection 37k hp, 38%armor 25% resistance, 15% health steal.

Stop using debuffs and attacks with debuffs.

Don't use CLS period, his basic attack will just heal.

His heal attack is only for 11-15k crit double on a stun so it can 1/3 to full heal him
  • Options
    Try using a character who does a lot of damage in one attack (1 hit KO). like boba or reg. kylo
    "Who deserves what, is irrelevant. What matters is... who has power."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Try using a character who does a lot of damage in one attack (1 hit KO). like boba or reg. kylo

KRU is a really good tank, ive seen Bobas use execute on him and it always felt like a mosquitoe sting than actually harmful, besides Bobas are a greater threat to my Officer and FOTP but thats where the Halt comes in, complete shutdown and with the speed of FO and FOOs Pinning Shot, Halt just coolsdown even faster
  • Options
    I just ran into this in a Galaxy War. I killed the rest of his crew quickly then ran 6 squads against KRU by himself and he was still at full health when my entire roster was dead. It was ridiculous.
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Counter with nihilus, sidious, inflict healing immunity, stun lock, characters with straight burst damage, shock, expose infinite tm, TM reduction... etc.
  • Options
    Aplus wrote: »
    Counter with nihilus, sidious, inflict healing immunity, stun lock, characters with straight burst damage, shock, expose infinite tm, TM reduction... etc.

Should it take such a specific combination to defeat one character? How long will it take to get those characters, or any characters, up to a point where they can take on KRU without spending money? Or is KRU a game changer that will lead to so much frustration that people give up? It seems that there is a trend of 'monster' characters that vastly outstrip the older characters. Was that by design or an accidental result of seeking to satisfy an ever expanding "cool" factor?
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Aplus wrote: »

Should it take such a specific combination to defeat one character?

That's options, not a specific squad composition.
  • Options
    I'm having exactly the same problem as the OP, l cannot kill him in PvP 5vs1. How does he even shrug off 'locked' debuffs such as plague by Mother Talzin? I avoid fighting him now because it would take me forever to gain and level up the characters I need to defeat him. Very frustrating.
  • Options
    I'm having exactly the same problem as the OP, l cannot kill him in PvP 5vs1. How does he even shrug off 'locked' debuffs such as plague by Mother Talzin? I avoid fighting him now because it would take me forever to gain and level up the characters I need to defeat him. Very frustrating.

He gains Hp when hit, so Plauge didnt stick in the first place. He also takes reduced damage from plauge, which gives him more HP, so plauge went away
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    never seen kru in arena,mbn
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Seeing KRU FO squard in my shards, I'm happy and easily beat it. Upgrade you gear or Stun him or if you have counter attack uniques, as most FO use AoE special and I take him in 2 rounds.
  • Options
    I've come across Kylo when he's done that, and I've even had mine do that myself. Wasn't sure if it was a bug.
  • Baalice
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Just happened to me now. Cleared 11 of 12 galaxy war battles. 12th has 6* KRU. I wiped others from his team in 2 rounds, leaving just him, 5 v 1. Tried a lot of the previous suggestions. He cleared out the rest of my roster. Losing a war map clear due to a single character right at the end like this has induced a rage I've not felt since the old days playing Capcom games. Holy crap, am I frustrated.

Awesome design. /s
    Post edited by Baalice on
  • Options
    There is a debuff it's called healing immunity combine that with stun and he's dead
  • Options
    I've encountered it as well, but have to say I could kill hem eventually every time. Shocking him, or a good Fracture beating should do the trick.
  • Options

I also have trouble beating Unmasked Kylo Ren if he's almost twice as powerful as my strongest squad member. I'm still only level 68, so it's not unusual to get matched against galactic war squads stronger than mine. For example, just now I got matched with a squad in galactic war that had an 11k power Kylo Ren and it took me over 20 minutes to kill him after I wiped the floor with the rest of his squad, (Darth Vader, Darth Sion, Darth Maul, and Jedi Consular, all at about 9-11k power except for JC was only like 7k) If he were stronger I'd have to have retreated because I run Nightsisters so he can't even wipe my team.

My advice is to just know how strong of a Kylo Ren unmasked your team is able to take down in a timely fashion and avoid anything much stronger if you can.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    Put Darth sidious in your squad his healing immunity on basic will shut down the healing and you can pound away and win. He's a pretty easy farm too and 100% Ftp.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    There's a range where this can happen, mainly if Phoenix is up against KRUM, especially in galactic war.

Low damage output teams can sometimes be shut down outright by regenerating meat walls. KRUM. zKylo. Savage. Barriss.

However, that's 'cuz you're using the wrong team for the job, not because they're overpowered.

Healing immunity, fracture, annihilate, and hitting the enemy really, really hard are all viable counters.
    Post edited by YaeVizsla on
    Still not a he.
This discussion has been closed.