Imperial trooper squad

So with dark side territory battles launching I now have a reason to build up more dark side characters and they're lacking. As soon as my thrawn is done I was going to focus on troopers next since they're a requirement. With the new colonel being required as well i might as well throw him in the squad but who else would be a must for this line up. Veers, shore, death and snow? Any input?

Replies

• Options
    And how is veers zeta in a trooper line up?
  • Options
    Try him w/o zeta first.. and it's only getting better
  • Options
    kieltrx wrote: »
    Try him w/o zeta first.. and it's only getting better

I wasn't planning on giving him it if I can get by without it. My veers is a long way from a zeta. All of these guys need geared and leveled and most of them need starred up more
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Veers, Shore, Death are the must be-s. Stark is cuz event. I'd throw in Storm at that point, unless you really want Snow's 20% crit damage or TM on kill

Note- I don't speak from experience, just what I've seen and heard.
  • Options
    Zeta on Veers will really help in that hard TB. Protection recovery is very useful. Don't use 2 tanks, keep one for another team, this is what I do. I usually use Storm with troopers and ShT with another Empire team.
    zVeers, Snow, Storm, DT and Magma works well. I'll replace Magma by Stark as soon as it's possible.
  • Options
    My experience from my g8-10 trooper squad with zveers is that its situational, sure when there is lots of small fry to kill then you do great but the second you cannot kill anything directly your team stalls, it is built soly on getting the first kill to get the machine roling (aka tm gain, deathmark, prot back).

In pvp this means a strong defensive team will own you, a balanced team with equal gear will most likely win. On raids the team is useless on rancor, preforms badly on phase 1 on aat but great on 2 and 4 and decent on 3.

In tb its hard to tell but in phase 1 my trooper squad was the only one that made stag 4.

I run zveers, dt,shore (both are a must), snow and magma. I most likely will switch out magma for the colonel when i can.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Bill0207 wrote: »
    So with dark side territory battles launching I now have a reason to build up more dark side characters and they're lacking. As soon as my thrawn is done I was going to focus on troopers next since they're a requirement. With the new colonel being required as well i might as well throw him in the squad but who else would be a must for this line up. Veers, shore, death and snow? Any input?

I play Imperial Troopers: zVeers, Storm, Shore, Death and Snow. They are fun and the list of bonus stats is long:

+ 20 speed
    + 10% max health
    + 10% health gain from damage
    + 30% defense
    + 20% critical damage
    + 30% attack
    + 15% critical chance
    + 65% turn meter after killing one opponent (Snow gets 80%)
    + Offense up buff after killing one opponent
    + regenrate 10% protection after killing one opponent
    + get 10% turn meter for every buff

I dont know how Starck fits into this team. On paper his kit does not read like a substantial improvement to the Troopers.
  • Options
    I still feel like Thrawn is the superior trooper commander. Yeah, Zeta Veers is okay for them, but even without the stat-boosts, Thrawn Zeta is still way better.(especially with ShT). Thrawn lead with DT, ShT, ST and Veers/Tarkin/Krennic is definitely a thing.

For DS TB I could see getting Veers up just so you have a separate commander that's worth a **** and can really push the special event. Just don't expect him to be useful for too much else.

The Colonel seems pretty trashy. If his basic wasn't garbage and/or his wavelengths special just straight up gave him 100% tm, he might be okay. He just seems worse than just running say, magma trooper or something.
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Zeta on Veers will really help in that hard TB. Protection recovery is very useful. Don't use 2 tanks, keep one for another team, this is what I do. I usually use Storm with troopers and ShT with another Empire team.
    zVeers, Snow, Storm, DT and Magma works well. I'll replace Magma by Stark as soon as it's possible.

Spot on. +1

I choose the Red Pill.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    For dstb, here is your best trooper setup:

zVeers, shore, storm, snow and starck. This team is flat out awesome. The 2 buffs from starck has great synergy with veers's lead and guaranteeing crits for snow to pretty much endlessly aoe. This setup allows dt to pair with krennic in a different squad to have another mighty group.

This was yesterday:

2euq2rt.jpg
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

zVeers, shore, storm, snow and starck. This team is flat out awesome. The 2 buffs from starck has great synergy with veers's lead and guaranteeing crits for snow to pretty much endlessly aoe. This setup allows dt to pair with krennic in a different squad to have another mighty group.

This was yesterday:

2euq2rt.jpg

If you're using both tank troopers in this squad, what are you doing for the other mighty group?
    Royal Guard?
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Options

This was yesterday:

2euq2rt.jpg

If you're using both tank troopers in this squad, what are you doing for the other mighty group?
    Royal Guard?

Ds has sun fac, royal guard, fost and new kylo. All tanks that can handle their respective roles.

I use rg and zfost in my other squads. Tarkin's ability to hinder offense and CC of rebels provides significant damage reduction too.
  • Options

zVeers, shore, storm, snow and starck. This team is flat out awesome. The 2 buffs from starck has great synergy with veers's lead and guaranteeing crits for snow to pretty much endlessly aoe.

Thanks for the advice above, what gear levels do you think are needed for the TB special mission please?

I like the idea of building another team pairing Krennic with DT too.
  • Options
    I use zVeers, Starck, Shore, Snow, and DT. So much fun.

You will love using them against Nightsisters. Every time you kill their zombie, the team gets more and more benefits. It’s all over so fast.
  • Options
    zVeers, Starck, Shore, Snowy, and DT for a weak Zombie NS team - assuming GK or another taunter is in the team. TM starts ticking over quicky as Zombie dies a lot.

zVeers, Starck, Shore, Stormy, and DT for a stong Zombie NS team - assuming GK or another taunter is in the team. You need time and health/protection to withstand plague/stuns until you can start generating kills and turning your TM. Stormy is great for doing that with Shore. Snowy is too squishy.

My Zeers, Shore and DT are G12 and other IT are G10/11. They're a lock for 4/4 in all DSTB phases. Tghe last TB I was able to to get 4/4 waves in P6 even with using Zeers, Shore, Starck, Snowy and a G9 MagmaT who didn't have the best mods.
  • Options
    I have a maxed out Zeers and all my Imperial Troopers are gear 12 except Stark. I get 4 out of 4 on every phase. Last phase i use Thrawn e is gear 12 as well. I have all my Empire character's gear 12 except a couple and they gear E11
  • Options
    Zeta Veers is like a zeta Finn - an almost guaranteed win on offense. I'd highly recommend getting him. As far as the lineup goes, Snow is about a given because if the synergy between his unique and Veers. Other friend in the situation, but my favorite pure troopers lineup is with Death, Shore, and Starck.

If you don't have to run pure troopers, I really like Krennic lead with Veers, Death, Snow, Shore. Fantastic lineup.
  • Options
    Dont waste your time work on CLS no way any DS teams do well for the duration of this games life. game is so LS heavy its stupid
  • Options
    Full trooper set at 7* here aside from a 5* starck. All g10+ aside from magma at g9 & starck at g7. Zeta on veers, and all others maxed aside from deaths zeta.

Basically, i like troopers.

Brilliant in tb with zveers lead, storm/shore wall, then death & snow. Use snow in the starck special mission for the aoe.

Downside is rubbish in arena. No matter where I put veers in i sink like a stone.
  • Options
    Ok so I get down with the troopers I just zeta Starck today I currently am running Zveers,Dt,ShT,Starck,and Snowtrooper I have speed mods on Starck he’s running at like 243 I’m running into a issue I need to invest I think on ShT speed bc I can never get his heal/ buffs out anyone else run into this? There all 7Star and different gear lvls
  • Options
    Bibtuna wrote: »
    Ok so I get down with the troopers I just zeta Starck today I currently am running Zveers,Dt,ShT,Starck,and Snowtrooper I have speed mods on Starck he’s running at like 243 I’m running into a issue I need to invest I think on ShT speed bc I can never get his heal/ buffs out anyone else run into this? There all 7Star and different gear lvls

Not a problem for me as I use storm so shore can share his load. Thrawn very good lead with those two as his dispel unique is invaluable
  • Options
    Who should I bench to put storm in there I benched him for Starck , I have thrawn to but that’s going down a whole other path I feel
  • Options
    I was top 100 with zzthrawn, storm, shore death & tarkin. Tried zveers in place of tarkin but sank. Now go for zpalp lead in death's place and cracking top 50 most days. I've tried pure trooper in arena but certainly in my july 2016 shard it's not viable
  • Options
    Get Starck fast so he goes first. Have him buff and then everyone pretty much gets 100% TM. Storm and Shore you can alternate. Death is needed for deathmark and also removing buffs. Magma goes in the trash compactor.