I really like Ventress

Vodo
332 posts Member
edited February 2016
Recently I deceided to not follow the mainstream path strictly any more and instead getting some chars I really like.

So yesterday I unlocked Ventress because she's one of my favorite SW toons.

It took me less then an hour to get her to purple gear VIII so she seems to be one of the easiest to gear chars in the game. At least until gear VIII, there she requires a lot of purple items then.

WGhJDpI.jpg

She already hits quite hard with both her basic and AOE. Her special is nice also, if you have her and QGJ on your team you definitly don't have to worry about tanks even if your opponent has Poe and Chewie. And while her HP is rather low her life steal helps a lot.

Can't wait to get her to at least 6*, I know she will hit really hard then.

Replies

• Options
    She is really slow unfortunately

Strangely Ashoka and Assaj shown to be very fast in the clone wars TV series.

Slow speed just cripples them
  • Options
    Yeah, maybe on paper but I have both, Ventress and Ahsoka, on my B sqad and they don't feel slow to me.

I use 'em just for GW, not for arena but to be honest I lately have much more fun doing GW and trying different team compositions and tactics there then I have in arena where I just try to stay in top200 and sometimes even just auto the fights.
  • Options
    I would recommend using concontrolling type toon that modify speed and meters to give her a boost, or go all night sisters with her lead.
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Options
    I have her at 7* and I think she's awesome. Her AOE with Rampage up is crazy, and when she hits that her health steal is just nuts. Very fun character to use.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Ventress like Maul can be put to GREAT use in turn manipulation teams, or teams that call in a lot of assists. And with the update coming she'll be hitting really hard.

Also, self healing is much better than what ppl think. Ventress will be a force to be reckoned with. I'm happy about this.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Ventress like Maul can be put to GREAT use in turn manipulation teams, or teams that call in a lot of assists. And with the update coming she'll be hitting really hard.

Also, self healing is much better than what ppl think. Ventress will be a force to be reckoned with. I'm happy about this.

I've noticed more people using Ventress in arena lately. She is slow but in the lead with Initiate and Daka, they all speed up considerably. I use her in GW for the moment since I left her on the bench for a long time, only now starting to recognize her value.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Options
    I have Ventress sitting on my bench full starred at lev 65, because i havent't found a way to let her survive till her turn without using poe (i don't have him). Any ideas after the incoming update?
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    I really liked her when I first started playing but didn't level/gear her much as many beginner's guides recommended Lumi, Sid, and GS. She was the only one with 5 skills/abilities and she helped me a lot in the AGI challenges.
  • Options
    I like her too. I use her for challenges and started using a bit in GW. Still too slow and squishy for arena.

I've got her at l65, 5*, gear 8. Almost 6*. Not sure if I'll go for 7* unless people now she's much more survivable or they increase her speed or gets even more turn meter bonuses. She still gets smashed in arena right now when I've tried her (normally I'm in 30-45 rank).
  • Options
    I'd suggest using Ventress with Phasma and First Order Officer for maximum turn meter manipulation. She'll still go last of your characters, but the damage she will deal, provided you've managed to finish off a toon already, is very much worth it.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    V is awesome. 7*, max gear, getting bug fixed in next update to make her even more dangerous, crazy self heal, stuns, death buff, nasty AOE, buff removal (still unreliable), and speeds up Daka when leading.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    And just wait until they release mother Talzin!
  • Options
    She's my favorite toon at the moment, sent for her immediately since I didn't want to mainstream and get Sid. She's slow, but since she got the lifesteal she's been very viable in both GW and Arena. She's a bit squishy though and goes down fast to heavy hitters. Phasma is a must of you want her to act at all...
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ventress is very useful in Galactic Wars, so as leader and with Daka, then Daka increase her speed from 136 to 162 (+26), faster than Dooku (161), so If you have characters that need cure, you can use the cure ability of Daka at the beginning and after use Luminara ability to complete cure.

Also Asajj is useful if the opponent have Poggle and Phasma, then Asajj can dispel both abilities, the Offense Up and the Defense Penetration, and cure herself.

Maybe is slow, but if he can dispel Offense Up and Defense Penetration it means that you will gain a lot of health in every opponent attack without this benefit effects.

Also is important protect she with Poe, if the opponent have Phasma, Sidious, Poggle, Luminara and Kylo Ren, first of all Sidious will attack Ventress or will do her AOE ability, next Poe, Poggle and Luminara will attack in the next turns and Phasma will apply Defense Penetration, if you don't have Poe, then Luminara will kill or will block Ventress, but if you have Poe and go first, Ventress will be protected and will be able to dispel the Offense Up of Poggle and the Defense Penetration of Phasma. It is very useful and don't need Ventress as leader to do it.

The slowly speed of Ventress in this case is an advantage, because he can attack after Poggle and after Phasma, and then dispel their abilities. Also whenever any ally or enemy is defeated, Ventress gains Offense Up and Defense Penetration for one action, with a 25% chance to also gain 32.5% turn meter, so she don't need attack in the next 12 round of turn meter, she need 11,63 turns of turn meter to attack, but if she gain 32,5% it means that the 11,63 turns to 7,85 and it is the same speed than Poe Dameron, Poggle, Qui-Gon Jinn or Daka, for example, and faster than Luminara or Kylo Ren, for example, so in the first turn he is slow, but her slowly is an advantage in the first turn if the opponent have Poggle and/or Phasma. In the second turn it's very probably that she gain a 32,5% turn meter and then she can use the second special ability, the AOE ability, that deal special damage to all enemies and refresh all cooldowns on a finishing blow, with Offense Up and Defense Penetration, it is 5K damage to all enemies, and if she kill someone, in the next turn she can use both abilities again.

In the Arena, Ventress saved me some times thanks her AOE hability, jumping in every turn and killing an enemy in every turn.

I think she needs Poe Dameron to protect she and that only is useful when the enemy have Poggle and/or Phasma, if the enemy don't have Poggle or Phasma is better use faster characters. In the Arena you can use Ventress in some of the first 4 of 5 battles, and in the last battle put another character, because the IA is some stu-pid using Ventress, when the characters needs health, Ventress use the dispel ability, when the opponent don't have any effect applied, losing an oportunity to use her basic ability or her AOE ability, is not a good character to use in the last battle of the Arena, because the artificial intelligence don't use correctly this character.

So it's a very useful character in some of the first 4 battles of the Arena and in the Galactic Wars to play versus Poggle and/or Phasma, or to increase the speed to Daka and use the basic ability to stun or the cure ability.
    Post edited by Quim on
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I really would like to see her more viable, yet even when fighting against her. She will do mentally challenged turns. (can't say stu p i d) things like waste her full self attack buff to dispel Lumi's dodge? haha Ok, thanks. GS pew pews -dead-. Keeps me from ever increasing her from 45. It's always good to know how your character of choice is defending you in arena, keeps the "I dropped 50 ranks" threads to a minimum.
  • Giran
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ventress should have a bit more health and it would be sweet if they could re-nerf her buff removing skill to heal the whole party :naughty:

Overall one of my fave chars in the game and as said before her teaming up with phasma works great :wink: