Grievous is the new shard shop exclusive *cough

Replies

• Options
    But will he be good?
  • Options
    Of COURSE he is gonna be locked behind a pay wall. Not happy about this
  • Options
    Grievous is the new shard shop exclusive *cough
    I was totally thinking that too! I hope they have him wielding 4 sabers.
  • Options
    Guess I better go buy some pack to get shards!
  • Options
    Guess we have answered the question "who to buy in Arena after Sid?".
    >>> buy more Sidious shards to unlock Grievous.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    Options
    If your starting at zero extra shards, have enough 7* toons already and throw everything at it (cantina shipments, arena shipments, GW shipments, hard modes, squad battles, etc) you could get about 10 shards a day worth of credits. I don't know if they will let you buy 10 per day. That'd put you at 7* in 30 to 40 days. I think it'd be a waste of resources unless you just really liked the character.
  • Options
    I really wanted savage at 7. But looks like thats on hold. If its grievous I have to have him
  • Options
    Shards are traderd in 15 to 1 in the shard shop. Yuck.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Can't be sure it's Grievous. I'm sure I saw Porkins cough at some point. ;)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    If its grievous, i wish they'd somehow just let me buy him at 7*............

Oh how i wouod spend to get him an get him maxed.........

Im offering my $$$ here CG lol plz come get my money!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »

I'd drop 100 on him
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    DarthBooey wrote: »

Thought it was 10/1
  • Options

Well it's actually 10:1

• Options
    So basically if you dedicate a month to a 7* char in arena you are good
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Always hard to know what to do in this situation. Yeah, I want him. But if he's *that* good where he's actually worth devoting all resources to the shard shop for over a month then will he be so OP that he's nerfed by the time I get there. Ooh, I hate these movies!
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »

Thought it was 10/1

It is 10:1 #deepsouthmath
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »

I'd drop 100 on him

In all honesty i would out bid that by ALOT for a 7* grievous. Tbh i dont even care what team hes best for or even if hes viable in arena. I just want my fav toon in max gear/max lvl and 7*.

From there i will worry about if they did him any justice, if hes fast enough for arena, and if his kit is any good.

Just need to see all 4x savers swinging wildly in a nasty speed down AOE that leaves DOT's hahahahaha
  • Options
    :(

Only ~200 days until 7*.
  • Options
    vPQ32Yi.png

I'm buying my whole guild a shard shop exclusive toon!
  • Options
    Of COURSE he is gonna be locked behind a pay wall. Not happy about this

maybe you didn't know this but this video game is here to make money not make you happy about playing for free. I don't run my business and hand out free medications to everyone. Some people get pro bono meds that are essential but not drug addicts. You sir are a drug addict, when it comes to SWGOH.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So basically if you dedicate a month to a 7* char in arena you are good
    At 10:1, and 1000 Arena tokens per day (#1), that's only 1.25 shards/day (about 40 in a month). It would take about 9 months to get 7* Grievious. If you also do GW shards, it'd be much faster, but still only 5.5 months if they only put 2 shards/day in the shard shop.
  • Options
    ....and this is why CG/EA doesn't have to worry about money. lol.

"I'm not spending any more money on this da...wait...what?! GREIVOUS!!!!! OH *****! WHERE'S MY CREDIT CARD?????!?!?"
    shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Didn't they say the shard shop exclusive character would trade at a more favorable rate than the randos that appear in the shop?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Didn't they say the shard shop exclusive character would trade at a more favorable rate than the randos that appear in the shop?
    Yep. Remains to be seen what that is.
    This is still really only for whales unless you want to blow a ton of resources on one character. Even if it's half the cost, that's 400 shards for a 4*.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Calenir wrote: »

Thought it was 10/1

It is 10:1 #deepsouthmath
    Higher wrote: »

Well it's actually 10:1

Thought it was 10/1

Well done all of you, but this is buying shards with the shard currency. He is talking about turning shards into shard currency at 15 per shard.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    I don't see anything official about Grievous. can someone confirm?
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I don't see anything official about Grievous. can someone confirm?

Technically no, but the *cough* in the update seems fairly obvious. *cough*
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Ok, I see. and the next question is which chromium exclusive will be released in cantina battles. I was about to start farming GS, but if it's going to be someone good I may as well 7* my dooku instead while I wait. If it's just bane, then I'll ignore it.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Yep. Remains to be seen what that is.
    This is still really only for whales unless you want to blow a ton of resources on one character. Even if it's half the cost, that's 400 shards for a 4*.

Im dying fir it to be true that hes favorable compared to current rates and i will respectfully disagree that its "still really only for whales".

Im not a whale (not by a long shot) and i wont be dedicating all my resources (no need to). I will dedicate arena/GW shards if needed because there nothin in there i want for my team (i have already 7*d what i wanted from both places).

It's more about where you are in the game i think.
    If your still building, you will hve decisions to make (but thats on you whT u wanna do) if you at a stage where nothing appeals to you, it makes no dif weather your a whale or a guppy, the toon is just as attainable for either.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Bane seems an obvious choice since all regulars now have 30 shards but can't unlock him, and there's a rumored scoundrel event on the way.
    I doubt they will put anyone really good in there, QGJ was amazing and I doubt we are that lucky. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.