Unpopular Opinion

2Next

Replies

• Options
    DSTB, my guild did half of what we can do in a lightside battle. We are a DS heavy guild and got wiped out. All we as a community were told, oops on the challenging aspect. And nothing else. People still waiting on rewards from an event yesterday. All the while, a new event starts without people really sure if it is going to work as planned. The GOH community is not really feeling the "just relax" vibe when the communication is been less than stellar.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    #It'sOkayToLikeTheGame

From your platoon strategy to hash tags- I’d follow you to hell sir!
  • Options
    I agree that there is a lot to like about this update, but the apparent lack of testing really did it a major disservice. Either they didn't know about the bugs (yikes) or they decided to push forward with the update anyway due to scheduling. I'm a little tired of this sort of thing happening over and over in the games world - ship it buggy to meet a deadline, patch it later.

Had to calm a lot of players in my guild that were frustrated and demoralized by the difficulty. Several didn't get rewards. And to make matters worse, the exceedingly-frustrating Thrawn event came back on the day of P1 - when everyone was blindsided by the wave 4 difficulty bug - and all the devs were on holiday.

While I appreciate the devs efforts in supporting and expanding this game, sometimes they have to called to account. If there was ever an update that deserved all the flak on the forums, it was this one.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    I agree that there is a lot to like about this update, but the apparent lack of testing really did it a major disservice. Either they didn't know about the bugs (yikes) or they decided to push forward with the update anyway due to scheduling. I'm a little tired of this sort of thing happening over and over in the games world - ship it buggy to meet a deadline, patch it later.

Had to calm a lot of players in my guild that were frustrated and demoralized by the difficulty. Several didn't get rewards. And to make matters worse, the exceedingly-frustrating Thrawn event came back on the day of P1 - when everyone was blindsided by the wave 4 difficulty bug - and all the devs were on holiday.

While I appreciate the devs efforts in supporting and expanding this game, sometimes they have to called to account. If there was ever an update that deserved all the flak on the forums, it was this one.

I agree. What makes me nervous though - what is wai and what is buggy or nwai. I think that’s the biggest issue of clarification we need.
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »

I agree. What makes me nervous though - what is wai and what is buggy or nwai. I think that’s the biggest issue of clarification we need.

I'm wondering about that as well. They've said that the crazy wave 4s in the early phases is "harder than it should be" but I'd love to know what they're referring to. Too many elites? Uses P6 scaling? I'd also like to know if the P1 and P2 special mission difficulty is intended or suffers from the same problem.
    I figure the 4/4 TB points issue will be fixed for the next one. But since so few of our guild members are regularly getting 4/4 with the current wave 4 difficulty, it's a bit of a non-issue right now.
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I cannot relate to this thread because my DS toons are horrible. I can only make 2 squads at 70k-79k, my Troopers and Bounty Hunters are both under 50K so I expect less than 4/4.
    I must ask, how strong are your DS squads? What GP do you think should clear 4/4?
    I am not being sarcastic.
  • Options
    What happened in ls Tb platoons is the problem. It came out of nowhere. So now I just don’t know what is here to stay and not. Also I am never going to ask a guildie to put a 7 * talzin in platoons under her current farming structure.

Also thanks to Kyno- I misread about the heists - so 6-12 days may not be it anymore. But kozi said they will still run “frequently”
    I just want to know to the deal so I don’t have to guess.
  • Options
    I cannot relate to this thread because my DS toons are horrible. I can only make 2 squads at 70k-79k, so I expect less than 4/4.
    I must ask, how strong are your DS squads? What GP do you think should clear 4/4?

My Empire is pretty strong. The 2 best teams for me were imperial troopers (Veers zeta, shore , storm, dt, and snow) I lost one wave with them in phase 6.
    2nd best team was zader lead with dnz palp tarkin and boba/tfp(pending if bh was needed) that team was undefeated.

Bh - mine stink but even from ppl that have them super charged they did not perform well at all.
  • Options
    I cannot relate to this thread because my DS toons are horrible. I can only make 2 squads at 70k-79k, my Troopers and Bounty Hunters are both under 50K so I expect less than 4/4.

I would expect that wave 4 would be a natural progression in difficulty from waves 1,2, and 3. In Phase 5 and 6, it felt like that. But in phases 1 and 2, it was way off. Wave 4 in phase 1 looked like it should have been doable by 5*, L80, G7 heroes, just based on the previous waves. Instead you needed 7*, L85, G11/12 heroes to beat it.

I'd also expect that my g12 zFett, g11 88, g8 cad, dengar and g7 greedo would be able to finish the special mission in P2, or at least make it to the last wave. That was pretty disappointing - 1 guy from our guild managed it, that's it.