What GW enemy causes you to "Oh Crap"

Prev1
For me it's got to be freaking FIVES. Ugh. I swear, no other GW enemy gives me more trouble.

Replies

• Options
    Dooku, Daka led by Phasma. Stun assist fest suck.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    It's never one person but like Coolhand_Luke its when ever I see Dooku, Daka with Phasma as lead and for the very same reason... that team can easily and not uncommonly lead you to not even have a turn if you have a team of slow moving characters... Basically it forces you into using a QGJ lead team so you can take out both Dooku and Old Daka

HK lead teams used to be problematic prior to the precise speed changes.. not so much any more... a full first order team still gives me headaches.

But there isn't really one character that makes me go "oh poo" as all characters can be countered... its usually what combination they are in.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    5-7* FOTP. The person normally has GS or some other heavy hitter to worry about as well (or Sid so I can't heal at least one person if I focus FOTP, but he'll kill at least one person if I don't).
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Sidious
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Sid an kylo. Those **** healing immunities.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Nutteralex wrote: »

Yes!!!
    114 posts Member
    Options

+1

I go straight for sid every time
  • Options
    123 wrote: »

+1

I go straight for sid every time

Yeah when they're together they're quite annoying. I'm actually happy I starred up Luke cause his leader bonus actually help a lot in GW
  • Options
    Sid and Luke with his insane crits.
  • Options

+1

It's odd how in arena this is no concern at all, but. In GW? It's make or break for the longevity of your team.
  • Options
    Sid Kilo and Poe
  • Options
    I'm with the OP on this one...Fives is a substantially underrated/underused character and a major pain in GW. Totally confirmation bias here, but on defense it sure feels like he counters EVERYTHING. And with brick house HP, that speed down in play on each one of those shots...ugh...then when he calls in the assist...really annoying.

Makes me wish that I had invested in him...haha.
  • Options
    7* leia or rey. Their crits hurt so much. And usually i HATE to face phasma-sid-lumi-kylo-dooku/daka teams.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Any team of three counter attackers, Daka plus Sid. That healing immunity makes it extremely hard to make efficient use of your heals, to be ready for the next fight. So you gotta take out Sid first. And stun/ability block Daka so she can't undo your hard work.

Then you need to take out Daka so she doesn't resurrect Sid. And only once that is over with, you have to look forward to a battle vs a bunch of characters who will cost a lot of your own HP to take down.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Maxed 70': Sid and Dooku argh, but team them up with Kylo, Vader and GS, it's Kylo that makes me cringe.

Add Rey anywhere and forget it!
  • Options
    Dooku and Sid (hate heal block).
  • Options
    7 star Rey with Dooku. I just don't have the man power to kill her before she goes. Coming up against them always = half my A squad dead by the end of the match no matter how many retreats
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    A maxed out team of Poggle, GS, IG-86&-88, Poe, for the 5th time, in the same GW
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    For me it's got to be freaking FIVES. Ugh. I swear, no other GW enemy gives me more trouble.
    I love using him in GW, he has saved my behind many times
    GMadMan040 wrote: »
    I'm with the OP on this one...Fives is a substantially underrated/underused character and a major pain in GW. Totally confirmation bias here, but on defense it sure feels like he counters EVERYTHING. And with brick house HP, that speed down in play on each one of those shots...ugh...then when he calls in the assist...really annoying.

Makes me wish that I had invested in him...haha.

It almost the same when you use him, and every time Kylo Aoe's, fives counter, so Kylo resets his Aoe, therefore keeping him from giving heal block
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Rey. She goes down pretty quick but not before she sucker punches a few toons. Also takes focus away from other toons is like to eliminate first.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    A maxed out team of Poggle, GS, IG-86&-88, Poe, for the 5th time, in the same GW
    Yep, this. The whole point of the team is killing you 1 by 1 and if that didn't work, IG-88. Was lucky the one team I faced today didn't have Poe, but still took some puzzling to keep my team alive.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • d3gauss
    311 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Poe or han with high dps. Have to restart a few times to find the right combination to not lose someone.
  • Options
    Agreed with you, Fives is a bit ridiculous with his stat distribution and counter +bonus attack. Very tanky and will punish you for attacking him with a +50% damage on his counters. Very underrated character, hes good.

For the record Im not saying nerf or he is overpowered. Solid build.
  • Options
    AdamW wrote: »
    Agreed with you, Fives is a bit ridiculous with his stat distribution and counter +bonus attack. Very tanky and will punish you for attacking him with a +50% damage on his counters. Very underrated character, hes good.

For the record Im not saying nerf or he is overpowered. Solid build.

Neither am I. It's just that I hate seeing him in galactic warr because I know I'm gonna take some damage

• Options
    There's not a specific character I cringe when I see them, but as a lvl 62 account, I cringe when I pull what is clearly a higher level player's suicide squad. At least I assume that's what's happening when I see 5 random dps characters teamed up that don't have a hope in the world of completing GW. And I assume there are people in the low 50's who occasionally run into my IG-86, GS, Ahsoka, Jawa, and Talia crew (sorry folks!). It's always possible to get through those teams, but I'm often forced to start the following battle with Lumi's, Daka's, and JC's heals all on cooldown.
    Barris irl imo idk
  • Options
    pabrimmer wrote: »
    There's not a specific character I cringe when I see them, but as a lvl 62 account, I cringe when I pull what is clearly a higher level player's suicide squad. At least I assume that's what's happening when I see 5 random dps characters teamed up that don't have a hope in the world of completing GW. And I assume there are people in the low 50's who occasionally run into my IG-86, GS, Ahsoka, Jawa, and Talia crew (sorry folks!). It's always possible to get through those teams, but I'm often forced to start the following battle with Lumi's, Daka's, and JC's heals all on cooldown.

I pop a heal after the first turn usually. Then its cooled down by the next battle. JC is one of my most valuable GW toons for the 3 turn heal cool
  • Options
    I pop a heal after the first turn usually. Then its cooled down by the next battle. JC is one of my most valuable GW toons for the 3 turn heal cool

Yes, definitely, it' a situation where JC shines, as he can usually limp me along early in the next match until Lumi's big heal is available. But while those suicide teams deal a lot of annoying damage, they also die annoyingly fast. It's not like a battle where you can spend 1-2 turns killing Chewie as the last man standing, giving your cooldowns time to reset before the next one.
    Barris irl imo idk
  • Options
    Agree with others. Kylo + Sid + Dooku + Fives are an annoying bunch.
    On the other hand, thank you to everyone running Barriss or Chewie. And extra special thank you if you run both.
  • Options
    Dooku, Daka led by Phasma. Stun assist fest suck.

I ran into this team in GW today... what a mess.
  • Options
    95% (that's no exaggeration) of the squads I face in GW have Sid. I don't think that is coincidence since many of my best toons are Jedi. Not to mention everybody that plays seems to have Sid. He can be a real pain with his dodge rate against Jedi and his healing immunity.