Rey (Jedi Training) Strategy Guide

Replies

  • Since she and Kylo seem to be teaming up some in the next movie do their new toons look to play nice together here?
  • Calx
    111 posts Member
    ScottyLee wrote: »
    very similar things were said about Thrawn, we will have to wait and see live arena play with maxed out not yet a jedi Rey and different combos to see what her potential will be

    Exactly what I was thinking. I still remember the threads that said "Thrawn = meh, Fracture = useless". lols to that now.

    NicWester wrote: »
    Creepioo wrote: »
    3) Cleanse an enemy, reduce their TM by 50-100%, gain 75% TM.

    Gain 75% TM. Yes, it's a 5 turn CD, but remember that a zFinn lead makes even a 70-turn cooldown finish in 3 rounds. Five turns is effectively 0. This makes her an almost-mass dispel/debuffer. The only thing she can't do (that Asajj and B2 can do) is knock out stealth.

    NicWester wrote: »
    Creepioo wrote: »
    Unique 1: Go very fast, cleanse yourself sometimes.

    I think that's underselling this unique. Let's step through the text:
    (Includes ZETA Upgrades): When another ally suffers a debuff, or when a Resistance ally gains Secret Intel, Rey gains 8% Turn Meter. When Rey suffers a debuff she has a 40% chance to Dispel all debuffs on herself.
    • "When another ally suffers a debuff...". So when CLS hits someone, that's 2 debuffs. Luke gains 20% TM, his allies gain 10% TM, and now Rey gains 16% TM.
    • "...or when a Resistance ally gains Secret Intel...". After the first Secret Intel, this happens every time a Resistance ally uses a special. Which is pretty much every single turn. Effectively 8% after each ally takes a turn.
    • "When Rey suffers a debuff she has a 40% chance to Dispel all debuffs on herself." So every time you re-apply a debuff on Rey, you run the risk of accidentally dispelling her. Let's say you've managed to stun her. Now CLS takes a swipe at her. Each of CLS's two debuffs-on-basic have a 40% chance of freeing Rey from the stun (instead of just stun locking her and taking her down). Thus, CLS attacking a stunned Rey has a 64% chance of freeing her from stun, and a 36% chance of not dispelling the stun. Short of Fracture, she can't be stun locked (a lite version of Fulcrum's unique). Oh, and after you dispel her stun for her, you've also fed her at least 8% TM.

    She looks tank-ey in the sense that she'll be very, very, VERY hard to kill. Short of Fracture or Annihilate, I can foresee a Zavage, Fulcrum, GK/Zarris level of annoyance in trying to whittle her down.
  • Calx
    111 posts Member
    ScottyLee wrote: »
    very similar things were said about Thrawn, we will have to wait and see live arena play with maxed out not yet a jedi Rey and different combos to see what her potential will be

    Exactly what I was thinking. I still remember the threads that said "Thrawn = meh, Fracture = useless". lols to that now.

    Creepioo wrote: »
    3) Cleanse an enemy, reduce their TM by 50-100%, gain 75% TM.

    Gain 75% TM. Yes, it's a 5 turn CD, but remember that a zFinn lead makes even a 70-turn cooldown finish in 3 rounds. Five turns is effectively 0. This makes her an almost-mass dispel/debuffer. The only thing she can't do (that Asajj and B2 can do) is knock out stealth.

    Creepioo wrote: »
    Unique 1: Go very fast, cleanse yourself sometimes.

    I think that's underselling this unique. Let's step through the text:
    (Includes ZETA Upgrades): When another ally suffers a debuff, or when a Resistance ally gains Secret Intel, Rey gains 8% Turn Meter. When Rey suffers a debuff she has a 40% chance to Dispel all debuffs on herself.
    • "When another ally suffers a debuff...". So when CLS hits someone, that's 2 debuffs. Luke gains 20% TM, his allies gain 10% TM, and now Rey gains 16% TM.
    • "...or when a Resistance ally gains Secret Intel...". After the first Secret Intel, this happens every time a Resistance ally uses a special. Which is pretty much every single turn. Effectively 8% after each ally takes a turn.
    • "When Rey suffers a debuff she has a 40% chance to Dispel all debuffs on herself." So every time you re-apply a debuff on Rey, you run the risk of accidentally dispelling her. Let's say you've managed to stun her. Now CLS takes a swipe at her. Each of CLS's two debuffs-on-basic have a 40% chance of freeing Rey from the stun (instead of just stun locking her and taking her down). Thus, CLS attacking a stunned Rey has a 64% chance of freeing her from stun, and a 36% chance of not dispelling the stun. Short of Fracture, she can't be stun locked (a lite version of Fulcrum's unique). Oh, and after you dispel her stun for her, you've also fed her at least 8% TM.

    She looks tank-ey in the sense that she'll be very, very, VERY hard to kill. Short of Fracture or Annihilate, I can foresee a Zavage, Fulcrum, GK/Zarris level of annoyance in trying to whittle her down.
  • I am stoked to try her out
  • Whatever she turns out to be, she will be the meta as time goes. Devs will do reworks if she turns out to be not as good. I bet they won't leave her just irrelevant in the game
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Her kit is nice and not OP as CLS, so good point. Designed to be mainly used in a resistance team, another good point. New toons should be more like that and have synergy only in their own faction imo. Enough with OP plug and play toons.
  • Shadroth
    93 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I’m addressing the “a tank without taunt” comments - she is not there to be a meat shield she is there to control the battlefield. Nearly constant evade and solid (not op) damage output is a good balance IMO. Cool down of 5 on both specials seems reasonable with all the TM she will gain from expose. Like most have said, she ain’t OP but a very solid toon nonetheless. There were just as many people crying foul about CLS being too OP when he dropped, I think this is a great response from the developers.
  • Shadroth
    93 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Calx wrote: »
    ScottyLee wrote: »
    very similar things were said about Thrawn, we will have to wait and see live arena play with maxed out not yet a jedi Rey and different combos to see what her potential will be

    Exactly what I was thinking. I still remember the threads that said "Thrawn = meh, Fracture = useless". lols to that now.

    Creepioo wrote: »
    3) Cleanse an enemy, reduce their TM by 50-100%, gain 75% TM.

    Gain 75% TM. Yes, it's a 5 turn CD, but remember that a zFinn lead makes even a 70-turn cooldown finish in 3 rounds. Five turns is effectively 0. This makes her an almost-mass dispel/debuffer. The only thing she can't do (that Asajj and B2 can do) is knock out stealth.

    Creepioo wrote: »
    Unique 1: Go very fast, cleanse yourself sometimes.

    I think that's underselling this unique. Let's step through the text:
    (Includes ZETA Upgrades): When another ally suffers a debuff, or when a Resistance ally gains Secret Intel, Rey gains 8% Turn Meter. When Rey suffers a debuff she has a 40% chance to Dispel all debuffs on herself.
    • "When another ally suffers a debuff...". So when CLS hits someone, that's 2 debuffs. Luke gains 20% TM, his allies gain 10% TM, and now Rey gains 16% TM.
    • "...or when a Resistance ally gains Secret Intel...". After the first Secret Intel, this happens every time a Resistance ally uses a special. Which is pretty much every single turn. Effectively 8% after each ally takes a turn.
    • "When Rey suffers a debuff she has a 40% chance to Dispel all debuffs on herself." So every time you re-apply a debuff on Rey, you run the risk of accidentally dispelling her. Let's say you've managed to stun her. Now CLS takes a swipe at her. Each of CLS's two debuffs-on-basic have a 40% chance of freeing Rey from the stun (instead of just stun locking her and taking her down). Thus, CLS attacking a stunned Rey has a 64% chance of freeing her from stun, and a 36% chance of not dispelling the stun. Short of Fracture, she can't be stun locked (a lite version of Fulcrum's unique). Oh, and after you dispel her stun for her, you've also fed her at least 8% TM.

    She looks tank-ey in the sense that she'll be very, very, VERY hard to kill. Short of Fracture or Annihilate, I can foresee a Zavage, Fulcrum, GK/Zarris level of annoyance in trying to whittle her down.

    This guy gets it
  • This guy gets it
  • Check out Daft Punk's new single "Get Lucky" if you get the chance. Sound of the summer.
  • we can alredy see that she might be a good leader for haat phase 3 .....
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    NicWester wrote: »
    Creepioo wrote: »
    It would be nice if they would stop making toons so complex, get a headache reading through her abilities. Like this does this except when it does that and then it does that when this happens and it also does this and this and that.
    I prefer this does this and that's all it needs to do cuz it's a solid move.
    Her abilities are easy:
    1) Hit. Sometimes you hit hard, sometimes you hit REAL hard.
    2) Cleanse BB-8 and give it Foresight, triple attack with it and another resistance ally.
    3) Cleanse an enemy, reduce their TM by 50-100%, gain 75% TM.
    Leader: Not Finn, doesn't matter.
    Unique 1: Go very fast, cleanse yourself sometimes.
    Unique 2: Gain buffs, heal sometimes.

    It's #2 that everyone should make everyone look like a Tex Avery character right now. Resistance gets to have the Finn/Poe/Trooper expose battery AND gets to have its own Biggs and Wedge.
    @NicWester

    Good, you get how good Rey's potential with resistance could be, despite forcing the best zeta ability in game to the side if using JTR as lead.

    We did some theory crafting in the guild last night and think that you can likely eliminate finn from a full resistance squad with JTR lead. Final comp we came up with was zzJTR (leader, unique 2), Poe, Res Trooper, zzR2, BB8. Boosted by R2's two zeta's and the rey leader ability, shouldn't have trouble spreading expose with Poe's taunt and the 70% chance on any crits except against T-Up.

    You heard it hear first (didn't watch game changer vids): The key to unlocking rey's leader potential is all on res trooper's TM gain on expose.

    He could possibly get multiple free turns if he lands his expose on basic and gets the rey expose on crit together, triggering 110% TM through his unique.If you can setup the perma heal block on anything with a zBarris or chirrut present, CLS, or really any tank, then start feeding RT turn meter, with good RNG he could burn a single toon down before anyone else gets a turn. Then you have R2 aoe crits and Poe's exposes possibly resetting RT up again for a huge burn.

    BB8 and rey will feed well off one another and Secret Intel will be absolutely vital to get her CD's down without zFinn lead although she does appear to have a lot of TM gain built into her own unique. This is assuming JTR is the priority target for fracture or stun (though I would do R2 or RT in this comp). It's a trade off but one that I think has more arena potential than full Res with zFinn despite how good they are.

    So not CLS OP where is just OP on any team, but JTR is certainly very powerful if utilized properly in a resistance squad and elevates them to top 10 status IMO.

  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I sense a great amount of salty comments in this one.

    P.S.: I will have her and she will be OP, period.
    Do or do not...
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    What the heck?! I just had a huge post disappear. It was for @JohnnySteelAlpha , @NicWester, and @Calx. Rehash below:

    Yall get JTR's power. Did some theorycrafting last night with guildmates and we came up with a Res Trooper strategy that could shake the counter/heal CLS and GK/barris and chaze dominance at its core. We think that the new team can setup a devastating burn strategy that has mechanisms to shut down most comps while burning high priority targets and/or taunters without allowing TM gain. Yes it is susceptible to T-Up like resistance in general, but the TM manipulation and dispels from JTR should help counter that too.

    Team would be zzJTR (leader, unique 2), Poe, RT, zzR2, zBB8. People keep talking about bb8 triple assist but I don't think that's the real power of JTR.

    RT unique = 55% TM on expose. This is vital.

    RT basic has 65% chance to expose
    Rey leader has 70% chance to non-resistable expose on crit.
    Poe taunt has 65% chance to expose on taunt

    Starting with JTR's special putting up perma heal immunity, get just two expose off with Poe or R2 and you're ready to start the RT burn. Having Poe taunting to soak counters is likely necessary. Getting off R2 stealth could also be very helpful to just keep RT alive. Rey's foresight regen will keep her going obviously so we think using poe and r2 to shield RT is essential in this strat.

    With good RNG, you get both his basic expose and the rey leader expose, triggering 110% TM gain after RT hits for dmg when you get double expose, resetting his turn with no enemy TM gain. Shoot again and if you get double expose with no healing again, that's another free turn with no enemy TM gain. Shoot again, possibly get double expose again. Shoot again... Just a few setups like this could burn down GK, Barris, CLS, baze, etc or leave them easily picked off with no healing ability.

    THIS is the true power of JTR rey. The bb8 assist will help this. Secret intel will help rey discombobulate single targets and wipe TM on its own, also helping keep your enemies from taking turns, but this would seem to be the best way to squeeze out dps and really use rey's leader ability potential.

    It's not plug and play, game breaking CLS power, but it's definitely power.

    What do yall think?
  • What do yall think?

    Well that’s definitely interesting! Would you mod Trooper for crit or for potency?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • What do yall think?

    Sounds bad ****!
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited December 2017

    RT unique = 55% TM on expose. This is vital.

    RT basic has 65% chance to expose
    Rey leader has 70% chance to non-resistable expose on crit.
    Poe taunt has 65% chance to expose on taunt

    With good RNG, you get both his basic expose and the rey leader expose, triggering 110% TM gain after RT hits for dmg when you get double expose, resetting his turn with no enemy TM gain. Shoot again and if you get double expose with no healing again, that's another free turn with no enemy TM gain. Shoot again, possibly get double expose again. Shoot again... Just a few setups like this could burn down GK, Barris, CLS, baze, etc or leave them easily picked off with no healing ability.

    What do yall think?

    I don’t think that RT gets TM from more than one expose. They rewrote his ability to state that he only gets TM from an enemy that is not exposed already. Pretty much a nerf. Although they stated that they just reworded the text and it still works the same, I remember when he got TM from already exposed enemies
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    So that really puts a kink in your Op strategy
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    So that really puts a kink in your Op strategy
    Hmm. Gonna look into that. Very crucial point indeed.

  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »
    So that really puts a kink in your Op strategy
    Hmm. Gonna look into that. Very crucial point indeed.

    I do know that starting a few weeks back, in HAAT, RT didn’t gain TM after Poe placed a second expose on the fallen Tank. I was tripped out and thought it was a bug that they would eventually get to so I didn’t say anything. Then they posted they changed the text of RT
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »
    So that really puts a kink in your Op strategy
    Hmm. Gonna look into that. Very crucial point indeed.
    Also, you’re statement regarding perma-heal immunity... it’s not perma, it’s only for two turns. Which could be perma if you kill the toon, but Barriss gains a bunch of TM from crit hits, so she could survive long enough to let it expire. And darn that Barriss, but she also equalizes health rather than just healing
  • It’s not for the equalization it’s for her crutch zeta heals.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    It’s not for the equalization it’s for her crutch zeta heals.
    Right. You’d have to kill the toon within two turns. Which can easily be done, except that Barriss gain TM and can either equalize, or if you were targeting her, it would expire
  • kalidor
    1599 posts Member
    You know you've designed yourself into a corner when all new heroes have some sort of unresistable, undispellable, and/or unavoidable debuff. Next up: an ability which makes heroes immune to the negative status effects of the debuffs on them. Creep.... creep...

    Seeing ReyJT's kit, I'm glad I stayed the course and continued farming DS heroes for TBs. It's a solid kit, but since I've already got zFinn I'm content. She seems like an incremental improvement over him, and not a gamechanger like CLS.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Putnam wrote: »
    She’s a tank, that’s not supposed to be hit, and doesn’t have a taunt. She’s a silly character

    Why wouldn’t they make her an attacker, give her stronger damage output, and just give her an increase in survivability

    While I kinda agree with your 1st statement, you second sounds a lot like Rey (Scavenger) to me.

    The fact that she has only one faction makes her very niche and not likely to change the top of the arena much. If anything, the only thing that I see here of value is that we can now run 2 Resistance teams in TB/W or one "super team."
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

    December 2016 Arena Shard
  • kalidor wrote: »
    You know you've designed yourself into a corner when all new heroes have some sort of unresistable, undispellable, and/or unavoidable debuff. Next up: an ability which makes heroes immune to the negative status effects of the debuffs on them. Creep.... creep....

    Fulcrum has been immune to DoT for many months, but she is still basically never used outside of TB.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

    December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Oh as ever...a new toon isn´t the OP plug-and-play into everything meta breaking character and if she´s not exactly that, she´s not worth it? C´mon....good game-design gives opportunitys for different factions at the same power-level, i´m pretty sure she will have that power-level with but ONLY resistance and that´s the point. That creates diversity instead of just a bunch of random OP-toons. I`d be glad to play against resitance high up in arena, because diversity is more fun. I´m glad they designed her kit this way.
  • Frankly, any strategy that needs "good rng" to work out is not a good one.

    To diminish the rant, they made Rey kind of balanced, at least far from CLS type power creep. I think she will be fun, can fit the meta but not gonna change it.
  • After further review, res trooper could not get free turn loop. Ability was adjusted to say ‘tm gain when enemy that isn’t exposed is exposed’
  • After further review, res trooper could not get free turn loop. Ability was adjusted to say ‘tm gain when enemy that isn’t exposed is exposed’

    I do wonder about Rey Scavenger under JTR leadership. She hits 4 times, if the first hit is a crit, will she expose and then hit that expose with the second, and possible exposing again and again?
Sign In or Register to comment.