Why you put Europe player base under disadvantage with double drops?

Romkin
9 posts Member
edited December 2017
Mostly most of my guild mates in the US. I always see when there is galactic war event. That they have complied 36 battles about 6 hours before me. So here comes daily reset. I finish my rest 12 galactic wars games to catch 24-> 36 total. After raid tickets reset in 1,5 hours I use my cantina and regular energy refreshes. The reset time of guild tickets is starting point of next day to start spending energy and refreshes to farm asap characters.
After 2 hours later you making updates downloads and in game mail message notifications saying about double drops for "Rey's Hero's Journey" preparation. So as I see it. US players can complete 2-3 double drops galactic war, here I can be wrong and it's the same. But refreshes are already spent! Why u don't said about incoming double drops when u announced character requirements for Rey's Hero's Journey event? Why in something good always something negative that it's not possible to avoid and only witness disadvantage with other time zone regions?! The thing that you finally fixed is double drops begins at local time. But while others didn't spent energy refreshes and can maximise energy pool with refreshes just before next day to benefit from event the most and spent it only after double drops hits next day. Why announcement goes live within mail notifications only 22 hours before the event and loosing the point itself in preparation for double drops?! This 30 minutes before announcement and raid tickets reset, actively playing players are already spent the energy, crystals, refreshes! Why not announe 2 days before it? Or at least honest 24 hours before event but right at the same time with daily reset? Thank you for such failed implementation again...

Replies

• Options
    Totally agree. I live in Japan. I get the notice of double drops roughly 8 hours prior to double drops, while people in later time zones get a full day's notice. Unfortunately, I don't see a way to address it other than to have the double drops period occur simultaneously around the world, but then one time zone will be hit during their sleeping hours.
  • Options
    Double drops are only on the nodes relating to Reyes heroes journey, not everywhere and not on gw at all? Or did I miss something?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    These double drops are specific to Rey, Finn, Old Han, and Old Chewie nodes only. Everyone has them for the same amount of time, as it starts local time. The only possible advantage is that we get a day to store energy.

Agree they should be giving more notice for these things, though, if only because future-folk don't have the time to stockpile energy like the US does.
  • Azeotrope
    58 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    These double drops are specific to Rey, Finn, Old Han, and Old Chewie nodes only.

Where is this stated?

The message in game says nothing about double drops being restricted to certain characters. And I can't find any announcement saying that either.
  • Options
    when double drops start??? 00:00 or 12:00?
  • Options
    Azeotrope wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    These double drops are specific to Rey, Finn, Old Han, and Old Chewie nodes only.

Where is this stated?

The message in game says nothing about double drops being restricted to certain characters. And I can't find any announcement saying that either.

It totally does right after it states the dates it says and can be found on these nodes and it lists the nodes how could u miss it?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/147644/content-update-12-6-2017
    DOUBLE DROPS
    In preparation for Rey's Hero's Journey, please enjoy double drops from 12/8/17 through 12/09/17 (12:00AM – 11:59PM Player Local Time)! You can find these double drops for the following Character nodes:
    Finn
    Rey (Scavenger)
    Veteran Smuggler Chewie
    Veteran Smuggler Han
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. The one I saw didn't say all this.