Can you have effective droid team w/o Poe?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Dakkon88 wrote: »
    Poe + 88 is nuts. Droids is one of the places where Poe just clicks perfectly.

Yep and 88 fires again after AOE the majority of time... it's nuts with hk lead
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Anraeth wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »
    Anraeth wrote: »
    AI is terrible
    AI is terrible for everybody. You just need to be good om offense and be on line at 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM to win #1.
    I dismantled my droid team, went with Sid lead, QGJ (swap to poggle occasionally), GS, Poe, and only kept 88. Maybe with Grevious, Droids will make a come back.
    Only Sid in that team moved before my GS (and can't 1HKO anybody). Then it is a coin toss between your GS and mine. If I win that coin toss, you are going to suffer a lot of pain. GS calls another droids, and if he crits, then the nuclear chain reaction starts. There are teams that obliterate me, but not with Sid as Lead. Dont expect to have QGJ alive by the time he can act unless he is the L of the team. A team with QGJ (L), Yoda, Dooku, GS and Rey will hurt me to no end. Sid (L), QGJ, GS, 88 and Poe is not unbeatable by any means for my geonosian droid factory

I appreciate your input, and your absolutely right. No team is unbeatable, the hindering fact is the AI we already established. However may I know your full composition. So your right, its a coin toss, so now your GS went first, instagibed with droid assist. They gain 30% turn meter, so it really depends on RNG at this point. Now I'm going to assume you took out my QGJ by your comment, now my GS is up who takes out your i88. Are you saying your 30% turn meter on all droids skips my GS? Usually at this point my GS is up and istagibs your i88, I'm curious from your view, if the 30% jumps you ahead of opponent Poe from taunting, coin toss GS? From my experience with teams similar to yours, they go after the decoy QGJ, my gs kills i88, opponent poggle buffs, Poes taunt, enemy 86 kills Poe HK aoes. if my 88 didnt get debuffed by HK, he aoes gets damage bonus from sid debuffs. Usually ends in victory.

I'm curious to see it from your prospective.

If I'm attacking, your GS will target randomly, so 80% of the time he dont attack my 88. And again, I'm not worried if he does, in my composstion I'd rather lose 88 than Geo or 86.

If you are attacking, I'm the one who probsbly will lose as the AI will make my droids target some random guy instead of the proper targets. But I assume that, the gsme is designad to benefit the attacker. You win vs teams with 2000 more power when you attack and never lose vs those with 2000 less power.

About the combat, the thing is, my GS will oneshot QGJ, then the assisting droid will likely crit. Lowest crit rating is HK47 with about 51%. Highest is IG88 with 110+% with his basic. If they crit, it depends who is called.

If it is 88, I'll inmediately AOE. That will ability block half of your team (55%). If he crits 3+ he will gain 90%+ TM, ready to act again. If that happens I'll kill a random dude more.

If it is HK I'll do AOE too. He will debuff your party and hopefully finish some squishy in the follow up
    If it is IG86, I'd go nuts. Use 86's assist, call a another droid, keep the csrnsge.
    If it is poggle, it stops there. That's why I plan using QGJ instead, he will be a second 86 in this setup.

Then it is the AI turn. If I went with 86, he is probsbly 3 dudes down abd I've won already. If I went with 88 or 47, probsbly 2 dudes down and the rest debuffed. The AI will attack me, randonmly. Sometimes I'd lose a glass cannon, sometimes will target HK or Poggle who are damage buffers, can take a hit and dont matter much if they die.

So while I agree that you probably will kill me on your attack, I probably will kill you in mine. Tsking the 1 spot for me depends onbbeing able to play at 5:45 to 6:00

Now, a team with QGJ (L), Anakin, Yoda, Dooku and Old Ben, that's another different beast. Or add GS, Leía, Hoth Rebel Scout, Ackbar+Han, or other combos where 4-5 guys move before my GS starts. Those will crush me. But those crush everybody.

A single Sid moving before my GS isn't enough to make the droids fold. You need a full team of speedsters with bazooka.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Your view provides excellent feedback I did not consider. I was too quick to ditch HK. Like many suffering with Droid teams, I elected Sid. He provided a quick remedy of crit bonus, speed, and debuff setup for 88 in my composition. I'll drop Sid and give HK another go.