Why is my Galactic War easy?

Bubblechomp
898 posts Member
edited February 2016
I see posts all over with people stating their GW is very difficult, and I have friends who face very difficult teams. Teams that are maxed out starting as early as node 3. I know this issue is real, but my question is why don't I have the same problem?

I never see these opponents. I rarely see level 70's, and when I do they're underdeveloped with poor synergy (e.g., blue geared, 4* jawa). The high majority of opponents are between level 60 and 65.

This is consistent every day. I can clear GW in about 15 minutes, rarely have to change out characters, and certainly never lose any characters.

I have 9 fully or nearly maxed out characters, 4 level 65's who are heavily geared, and numerous level 60's, 50's, 40's, and 20's.

I've cleared all light and dark side missions. I've placed 1st in arena more times than I can count and my arena team has a power level of 27,052. I've defeated opponents with power thousands higher than that. And yet everyday I fight the same easy fights in GW.

So if GW's bugged, am I simply on the opposite spectrum of the bug? Anyone else have an easy time?
Member of ‘Thugs in White Armor’

Replies

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Your mileage may vary.

I have two accounts. Impossible on main. Easy on alt.
  • Options
    It's the same for me, super easy teams. I'm hoping it changes when I get to lvl 70 currently almost lvl 69. I would like more of a challenge lol
  • Options
    It's impossible with me it's crazy first start out with gear lvl 7-8 7* characters and a character lvl between 56-70
  • Options
    Theoretically its sort of kind of based on the highest power arena squad you've won a match with, so that could be a factor.

There's also apparently a glitch in the system that assigns much higher difficulty opponents than you are supposed to get but the devs have not said what triggers this glitch, only that it exists.

All of this info is from dev posts on the reddit.
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yesterday my highest opponent was 67 not even all 7*... Today I faced a whale religion. 7* 70 from node 4 on. My last battle wasnt bad though. Last night I leveled 2 guys from 45 to 60... Maybe that did it lol. http://imgur.com/coIm8AA
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Not won against, won with. But mostly it seems to just be a glitch. GW is dramatically harder for some people because reasons.
  • Options
    For those who don't know yet, its been confirmed that GW matchmaking is broken hence the varying experiences from person to person:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/469vj1/sad_post_i_was_wrong_about_galactic_war_using/
  • Milestogogreg
    119 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I get through it each day with my A team and maybe a second team and I'm usually rank 1-3 on my server and 7* characters. It's always so different. Today round one was all lvl 70 7* with Rey and battle two was lvl 58