Please remove “pay to win” characters/ships from TB Platoons

2Next

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    I don't mind that paying players have an advantage.

I'm fine with paying players having an advantage aswell.
    The question remains whether the paying player is fine with platooning characters he bought because he wanted to use them in battle.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    The point of this thread isn’t about Hermit Yoda, or Lobot, or Pao, or even General Kenobi or the Veterans. It’s not about whether or not any character can be used elsewhere. It’s not about lording over your friends that you are able to use Hermit Yoda in a platoon assignment instead of having purchased gear with those event tokens. It’s about “Pay-to-Win” UNOBTAINABLE characters and ships being required in platoons, when they are ONLY availlable in the game if you spend crystals to purchase them.

To be able to spend 300 crystals a day to buy rare shards from shipments/packs and still buy 1 energy refresh to collect your daily 600 raid tickets all it takes is to rank 20th in both fleet and squad arenas and to finish all dailies. Not at all unobtainable as F2P. If on top of that you consider TB rewards and various gifts from CG you will have even more crystals to spend. In a guild of 50 players you could organise your shard purchases to have a diverse roster of the hard to obtain (NOT unobtainable) toons like KRU, Tie silencer, MT etc. Not many guilds do this but they all could, if they wanted to.

I'm fine with seeing rare toons in platoons.

Even if people wanted to do this, you can't spend 300 a crystals a day to buy shards of MT or Wicket. Nor could you have done that for the 4-6 weeks that Tie Silencer was showing up in platoons prior to it entering crystal shipments.
    And it will be the same for the next marquee character that shows up. And saying all guilds could do this if they wanted to isn't true either because not all guilds have a bunch of members placing top 20 in both arenas daily.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    The point of this thread isn’t about Hermit Yoda, or Lobot, or Pao, or even General Kenobi or the Veterans. It’s not about whether or not any character can be used elsewhere. It’s not about lording over your friends that you are able to use Hermit Yoda in a platoon assignment instead of having purchased gear with those event tokens. It’s about “Pay-to-Win” UNOBTAINABLE characters and ships being required in platoons, when they are ONLY availlable in the game if you spend crystals to purchase them.

To be able to spend 300 crystals a day to buy rare shards from shipments/packs and still buy 1 energy refresh to collect your daily 600 raid tickets all it takes is to rank 20th in both fleet and squad arenas and to finish all dailies. Not at all unobtainable as F2P. If on top of that you consider TB rewards and various gifts from CG you will have even more crystals to spend. In a guild of 50 players you could organise your shard purchases to have a diverse roster of the hard to obtain (NOT unobtainable) toons like KRU, Tie silencer, MT etc. Not many guilds do this but they all could, if they wanted to.

Even if people wanted to do this, you can't spend 300 a crystals a day to buy shards of MT or Wicket. Nor could you have done that for the 4-6 weeks that Tie Silencer was showing up in platoons prior to it entering crystal shipments.
    And it will be the same for the next marquee character that shows up. And saying all guilds could do this if they wanted to isn't true either because not all guilds have a bunch of members placing top 20 in both arenas daily.

You know MT is available in chromiums, don't you? And yes, spending crystals on packs is expensive, but it's not like the whole guild needs all toons. A handfull of each is enough. Furthermore, you're forgetting, that new toons don't immediately appear in platoons the day they become available. I have yet to see this.

All I'm saying is, that all guilds can organise their shard purchases — and they CAN. I'm not saying all guilds have top—20 players only. That's your own interpretation. Let's say people place in top—100 of the squad arena and outside top—20 in fleet arena. That's still more than 100 crystals a day available to purchase shards, they need — in shops or through additional energy purchases. Most guilds let people farm whatever they like. Organising the farming could benefit the whole guild in TB. This game is all about how you manage your ressources.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

You know MT is available in chromiums, don't you? And yes, spending crystals on packs is expensive, but it's not like the whole guild needs all toons. A handfull of each is enough. Furthermore, you're forgetting, that new toons don't immediately appear in platoons the day they become available. I have yet to see this.

All I'm saying is, that all guilds can organise their shard purchases — and they CAN. I'm not saying all guilds have top—20 players only. That's your own interpretation. Let's say people place in top—100 of the squad arena and outside top—20 in fleet arena. That's still more than 100 crystals a day available to purchase shards, they need — in shops or through additional energy purchases. Most guilds let people farm whatever they like. Organising the farming could benefit the whole guild in TB. This game is all about how you manage your ressources.

Something being available in chromiums doesn't mean you can plan your crystal spending to get it. There is no guarantee whatsoever that you will get any of the shards you are looking for out of chromiums so treating that as a reasonable option for f2p to fill platoons is frankly absurd.

As for the new characters not immediately appearing in platoons, I have no idea what you're basing that on. Are you denying that Tie Silencer was in platoons before it entered crystal shipments? Because it absolutely was. JTRey is in platoons right now, at the first opportunity after her release (since we haven't had a LS TB since her event).

The top 20 in each arena was YOUR argument. You are the one that said it's doable for everybody because that's all you need. So I was pointing out that that doesn't make it doable for everybody since there are a whole ton of people (and entire guilds) who don't have that.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Something being available in chromiums doesn't mean you can plan your crystal spending to get it. There is no guarantee whatsoever that you will get any of the shards you are looking for out of chromiums so treating that as a reasonable option for f2p to fill platoons is frankly absurd.

As for the new characters not immediately appearing in platoons, I have no idea what you're basing that on. Are you denying that Tie Silencer was in platoons before it entered crystal shipments? Because it absolutely was. JTRey is in platoons right now, at the first opportunity after her release (since we haven't had a LS TB since her event).

The top 20 in each arena was YOUR argument. You are the one that said it's doable for everybody because that's all you need. So I was pointing out that that doesn't make it doable for everybody since there are a whole ton of people (and entire guilds) who don't have that.

Read my statement again (Quoting myself):

"In a guild of 50 players you could organise your shard purchases to have a diverse roster of the hard to obtain (NOT unobtainable) toons like KRU, Tie silencer, MT etc. Not many guilds do this but they all could, if they wanted to."

I stated that all guilds can organise their shard purchases — and they can.

I don't know your definition of 'a reasonable option'. My point is, that managing ressources will get you further. And yes, as a free to play player you can easily earn a crystal surplus to manage.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    I don't mind that paying players have an advantage.

I'm fine with paying players having an advantage aswell.
    The question remains whether the paying player is fine with platooning characters he bought because he wanted to use them in battle.

And that is what has curbed some of my spending.