Magma trooper?

The rumor, do to a data mine I hear, is March's daily reward character is Magma Trooper. Now I love me some Star Wars. I've played more then a few of the games & read a handful of books. Even spent some drunken nights spiraling down the Wookipedia hole. No casual fan am I.

So what the hell is a Magma Trooper? From the comics? A game I didn't play? With HK-47 in play at launch, obviously KOTOR & SWTOR are fair game dispite not being "cannon". But I figured the comics, books, and older games were no goes. I'm assuming he's a stormtrooper or clone trooper variant, but which? And from where?

Any super hardcore Star Wars fans out there know?

Replies

• Options
    Magma troopers were specialized stormtroopers serving in the Galactic Empire. They wore a unique variant of the stormtrooper armor that could withstand extremely high temperatures, and were trained to fight in volcanic environments such those on the planet Sullust. They utilized many different weapons such as T-21 light repeating blasters and DLT-19 heavy blaster rifles.

APPEARAN
  • Options
    There also Cannon.
  • Options
    I saw a picture of it on another thread, its basically a red stormtrooper :/. If thats how hes gonna look, then I hope the rumors arent true. Why cant it be a Republic Commando instead :'(
  • Options
    HaloWars29 wrote: »
    I saw a picture of it on another thread, its basically a red stormtrooper :/. If thats how hes gonna look, then I hope the rumors arent true. Why cant it be a Republic Commando instead :'(

He may or may not be. In the non Cannon he's red on the cannon version he's white with a black shoulder amor.
  • Options
    He's also a popular character in Star Wars Battlefront (new video game) if that matters
  • Options
    Buckwok wrote: »
    He's also a popular character in Star Wars Battlefront (new video game) if that matters

If he's in the newest SW Battlefront, that makes perfect sence. Better business to tap current apps then obscure sources. Was wanting him to be a clone, but I knew better. Can't complain.
  • Options
    And thank you!
  • Options
    Magma troopers were specialized stormtroopers serving in the Galactic Empire. They wore a unique variant of the stormtrooper armor that could withstand extremely high temperatures, and were trained to fight in volcanic environments such those on the planet Sullust. They utilized many different weapons such as T-21 light repeating blasters and DLT-19 heavy blaster rifles.

APPEARAN

Awesome, man. In retrospect, I probably could have looked that up, but thanks for humoring me.
  • Options
    The Empire had many variations of the generic Stormtrooper. They had Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers, Scout Troopers, Shock Troopers, Magma Troopers, and Desert Troopers are some that come to me off the top of my head. There are also more Trooper variants in the EU. Basically they were all a form of special training for certain geographical locations. I believe there was even a Space Trooper that was trained to fight in 0 G situations or something like that.
  • Options
    NERF MAGNATROOPER??

Just wanted to be the first one in. (but I'm sure I'm not) :)
  • Options
    It's a great gift. The kit is really impressive.

I can't believe they'd give this one out for free. And Grievious. I'm looking forward to all the new units
  • Options

I can't believe they'd give this one out for free. And Grievious. I'm looking forward to all the new units

Don't get too excited, he will be useless at 2* if they don't make him farmable...
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Don't get too excited, he will be useless at 2* if they don't make him farmable...

be nice. people got testy when 86 is Feb's login hero because he's too farmable and people get testy when this unit can or can not be farmable. Cade was Jan's login hero. Looks like he's farmable now. Oh, and Scoundrels event in the near future. And now you're all "don't get too excited?" be nice. cuz nice is good in life.

• Options
    Nauros wrote: »

be nice. people got testy when 86 is Feb's login hero because he's too farmable and people get testy when this unit can or can not be farmable. Cade was Jan's login hero. Looks like he's farmable now. Oh, and Scoundrels event in the near future. And now you're all "don't get too excited?" be nice. cuz nice is good in life.

I am just stating the truth - Magmatrooper will be unlockable through the rewards. Assuming that the amount of shards recieved stays the same (30), he will unlock at 2* max. So, unless they make him otherwise farmable, he will stay at the 2* and won't be able to compete with other starred up characters unless you spend ridiculous amounts for chromium. Much like FOTP, but at least he has some hard nodes... But who knows, maybe they will add him somewhere, but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon as he has the potential to bring in some nice profit...
  • Options
    haven't seem a good magmatrooper everytime I face him he does horrible damage and has decent health