Question regarding mod secondaries

Example mk v health with primary of 30 speed and secondary of defense +16, where does the defense go exactly? And what’s the difference between a +16 and then some say + 0.44%? Sorry if question is confusing in advance.thanks

Replies

• Options
    I might be wrong but defense goes to armor. As for the second part of your question, not sure what the difference is between the whole numbers being added compared to the percentage increases..
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    The difference depends on your base stat. When you go to equip the mods it shows you what the changes will be to each of your stats if you confirm it.
  • Options
    Same with health, protection or anything. +Number adds to total, %number adds a percentage BEFORE mods are factored in.
  • Options
    Why you wont put this mod into a toon a check what kind of stats +16 is changing? It is defense so only affecting armor or resistance or both.
  • Options
    Ok so I just removed it and put it back and the +16 defense added around 3.5% to armor and resistance on a 5 star lv85 shoretrooper g11
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Stat explanation
    Defense is armor and resistance
    Armor reduces incoming physical damage
    Resistance reduces incoming special damage
    Offense is physical and special damage

Offense is pretty straight forward when looking at stats
    Defense (armor/resistance) as show in character screen shows the damage mitigation %. This number is calculated based on character level and armor/resistance flat value that is no longer seen.

Below post has everything you don't need to know about defense stat including a link to a very nice calculator
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/67830/defense-armor-calculator#latest

% base mods only affect the stat based on completed gear levels.
    So say you character is at g10 and has a piece that give +15 armor and another that gives +10 resistance.

If a mod gives 5% defense the +15 armor and +10 resistance will not be included in the mod calculation until you promote character to G11.

This is the same with all % mods and the following stats:
    1. Health
    2. Speed
    3. Offense
    4. Defense

Modded stat = base stat + (base stat - current gear level adds) * % mods + flat mods.

The following stats are straight adds:
    2. Potency
    3. Tenacity
    4. Crit chance
    5. Crit damage

Modded stat = base stat + mods.

So if a mod gives 5% potency and your character has 25% potency than they will have 30% potency.

Mods do not compound on each other
    a % mod will not add a % of flat mod.

Leader, unique, special and basic abilities will calculate off of the modded stats.

So i hope that helps. I might have missed something.
  • Options
    Now that’s the answer I was looking for! Thanks!