Best Wampa team

Prev134
In what tema Wampa will suits more ?

CLS / HS / GK / R2D2

or

CLS / HS / GK / Thrawn ?

or maybe something else ?

R2D2 is great with his team buffs but thrawn also to eliminate one toon at start of a fight

Replies

• Options
    I suggest R2D2 for sure as anyone with thrawn will be sure to fracture him. I know I do or my hybrid CLS team loses.
  • Options
    Personally I would try Wampa instead of Kenobi
  • Options
    I'm wondering this too, especially with Rey thrown in. CLS, Thrawn, R2, Wampa, Rey?
  • Options
    Wampa has no faction synergy so you must treat him like a very durable attacker. Place him with another Attacker, a support toon who sets up his kit or the enemy to suffer at his hands, a tank to protect him and a 5th toon to help counter who you are facing.
  • Options
    Trawn, shore, st, dt, wampa?a wall of troopers, 2*aoe heal immunity, 2 sourdes of daze, fracture, tm and prot regeneration thanks to trawn...

I think wampa have a lot of support and would be so hard to kill in this team xD
  • DasMurich
    245 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I think the thing that struck me were the options of CLS/HS/GK or CLS/HS/GK. That's a box, get out of it. Wampa, as noted, has no faction tag but he's built as an anti-rebel toon. Perhaps use with Palpatine since his leader skill is also anti-rebel. I don't know, it's probably going to take some experimentation to see who he runs with best. Probably more than CLS/HS/GK + 1
  • Options
    Him in a Zarriss team.......he would never die while crushing with all that power
  • Options
    Zader, Thrawn, Wampa looks like a good start to me, especially if you are trying to be different. GK+R2 or Shore+Storm could round it out.
  • Options
    If you look at his kit he seems to benefit from certain debuffs as well. DOTs are his friend so probably run with Vader, under Palpatine. Expose so maybe Tarkin? Daze so maybe Deathtrooper? His mass 2 turn healing immunity might go well with NS too.
  • Options
    DasMurich wrote: »
    If you look at his kit he seems to benefit from certain debuffs as well. DOTs are his friend so probably run with Vader, under Palpatine. Expose so maybe Tarkin? Daze so maybe Deathtrooper? His mass 2 turn healing immunity might go well with NS too.
    Interesting how under palps he would get to that turn 5 a lot sooner rather than later ^_^ I’ll note that, just started farming him, only 20 shards, but well, my TB store only has 1 spot, second from first row ^_^.
    I was wondering in Zvader lead, but they need to make Vader’s leader like ventress, unresistable, can’t believe a g7 Rex could easily stop you to inflict debuffs on anyone for 3 turns, so yeah, quite shocking.
    And because of that, I was thinking thrawn lead, turn gain debuff cleansing and prot gaining, I just hope he can munch fast enough ^_*
  • Options
    Zader and Zidious to cause DoTs and expose. This powers up Wampa on offense, counter chance, and Health steal. Thrawn to fracture and dispellwra (Rex or Chirrut), then R2 to Stealth and make everyone attack Wampa. Wampa will counter with basic, causing more DoTs, powering him up even more. When he hits a debuffed toon with basic, he gains TM. And with all those DoTs, his health steal will be massive, so he will just keep healing. The opponents will be countered to death!
  • Options
    My new Wampa theory(warning, requires mace Wampa) is an EP lead with Talzin, zombie, GK and Wampa. The team isn’t fast out of the gate, but depending on who han stuns, the other 2 will get off their AOE’s.

Both palp and Talzin will ramp up speed real quick. Double bayonet Wampa will remove all protection, with the exception of their tank, fairly easily and zarris can’t help them at all.

In theory I don’t see how any CLS or GK team can beat this. EP would need all his G12 pieces with possibly a couple defense mod sets to prevent han from taking him out on the opening shot.

I will unlock Wampa with my next Tb and I don’t think this team works without the double bayonet I face a 216 CD 5* g11 Wampa in arena and he hits HARD. I can’t imagine what 2 more stars and 2 bayonets do to that damage.

This team will take me time during which some may rain on my parade and change my mind. Even if it’s not arena viable, it’ll make for one nasty TW team to face.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm near to unlock Wampa, but I think zarris will help him to be a strong wall. I like the idea of a Vader/sidious combo, but u need a taunting tank there like Kenobi or Shoretrooper, otherwise Luke/Han will slaughter u.

I'm excited and looking for to play with that huge beast!
  • Options
    TofuMao wrote: »
    DasMurich wrote: »
    Interesting how under palps he would get to that turn 5 a lot sooner rather than later ^_^ I’ll note that, just started farming him, only 20 shards, but well, my TB store only has 1 spot, second from first row ^_^.
    I was wondering in Zvader lead, but they need to make Vader’s leader like ventress, unresistable, can’t believe a g7 Rex could easily stop you to inflict debuffs on anyone for 3 turns, so yeah, quite shocking.
    And because of that, I was thinking thrawn lead, turn gain debuff cleansing and prot gaining, I just hope he can munch fast enough ^_*

How? What am I missing?
  • Options
    Wampa is really a mini time bomb nuke like Nihilus. He needs time to build up, but once he lets out his first roar and has additional crit chance and offense, he is pretty dangerous. This is why we need a Hide-the-Wampa team, similar to the Hide-the-Nihilus team, for the Wampa to shine.

I run my Wampa with a double tank team - GK and Old Ben. CLS zeta lead to synergize with Old Ben, and Nihilus as an additional source of damage, in case Wampa gets taken out. Pretty effective team which can take out any team on auto (CLS lead, zBarris, etc). I have remained in the top 5 overnight since I started running it.

https://youtu.be/STGuW7Qrdn0
  • Sarcodino
    394 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Mmm in that team... Why dont u use OB as lead? This 25% dodge added to TM on dodge would be better than just 50% counter chance on OB who wont ever taunt... (Having 2 tanks and current mea with almost 0 aoe wont let ur cls counter a lot anyway imo)
    Or even GK lead since this will add a lot of defense to both of ur jedi tanks xD
    Edit: u also have retribution buf from GK to counterattack so i dont see the point of using luke as leader (since he gives TM anyway thanks to his unique xD)
  • EndallBeall
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    CLS lead is not for the 50% chance to counter. It's mostly there for the fact that rebels gain 5% turn meter for every effect that is resisted by the enemy team. And with OB, that is tremendous turn meter gain, since he inflicts potentially 10 debuffs. Even if a few of them are resisted, OB and CLS go almost immediately after that.

Remember that OB himself also gives 3% TM for rebels on enemies resisting effects, so it's actually 8% turn meter gain for CLS and OB for every effect resisted. It makes them both go extremely fast.

Dodge / evasion doesnt really work well in the R2 world. Plus there are toons like CLS and Wampa that give accuracy up. And defense up is only useful if Barriss is also in here. But having two tanks spreads the damage out, and surviving is not really an issue. What is more important is that your guys go fast and go often.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @EndallBeall interesting strategy!

But ur team seems far superior on speed then enemy, how old ben goes before anyone? I think if Han shoots him that battle could be way harder. Why u recorded many fights but always against the same team? Thanks
  • EndallBeall
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Here is another matchup from my arena. This team is much better than me on speed, and almost his whole team goes before mine. Still auto'd it with no problem.

You'll also notice that Han stuns Old Ben first, but he still recovers very fast and manages to use taunt twice in the game. GK is there to take brunt of the taunt in cases when Old Ben is fractured or stunned.

https://youtu.be/45tRzonITPk

The stun to Ben also helps in a few other ways -

- A rebel is hit twice here, so Luke gets 20% turn meter and goes immediately after that
    - Old Ben gets crit immunity from GK
    - GK taunts and takes the heat off the rest of the team
  • Options
    @SpeedRacer Here's another one with a standard empire team with Thrawn lead. Here too, his Tarkin and Thrawn go before all of my team, but it still autos it with no problem, and with protection remaining on everyone.

https://youtu.be/32LaAUnAEnE
  • Options
    I'm missing how Palp speeds up Wampa. Palp grants TM to Empire allies when debuffing an opponent. Wampa is DS, but not Empire.
  • Brassboar
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @EndallBeall - What Zetas are you using? I've also just got my wampa to G11 and was wondering about running your comp.
  • Options
    No Zetas on the Wampa, but CLS lead and Old Ben taunt are zetad. I got Nihilus Unique zetad too, but don't think that is necessary.

I may change my arena lineup once I get Rey leveled up. I think Rey, BB8, R2, GK and Wampa may do well in arena. Wampa synergizes well with Resistance (stun on expose).
  • Options
    Awesome thanks! I've got both CLS and DN unique zeta'd. So maybe look at Old Ben to shore it up. Can't wait to get Wampa to G12 and put those bayonets on him
  • Options
    @EndallBeall Great work on the videos! I found them when I was searching around trying to find good team comps for Wampa and very few are out there. Curious to see your mods on him, do you have a link?

I'm just about to get my Wampa to G10 and have been trying to test out builds. I'm thinking about putting the zeta on his unique and trying him with zSid in some way.

https://swgoh.gg/u/stingray/collection/249/wampa/
  • Options
    @EndallBeall how did you mod wampa? I can put a crit damage crit chance set on mine with some really good speed secondaries and have him at 239 speed. Just curious on yours.
  • Options
    I have my Wampa at 6 stars, g11 with a zeta on Furious Foe. I run him in a NS team. MT lead, Daka, Ventress, weak zombie. Getting Furious Foe off is pretty much an I win button with the amount of plagues out there by his 4th turn. Between that and the AoE daze, he is a very strong substitute for Acolyte cheese. My soul just feels better running him rather than the Acolyte.
  • Options
    Unlocked Wampa yesterdat, pushed to g11 and he's very fun!!

Surprised how hard he hits after trigger furious foe. Kit is nice too, can't wait to reach 7*. Still trying to figure out what's the best comp, some people say he goes well under jedi Rey, since exposed enemies get stunned by Wampa. I see lot's of options for this beast.
  • Joh_Em
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I would start experimenting with a DoT team: Darth Vader (L), Darth Nihilus, Darth Sidious, Boba Fett, Wampa. The offense bonus value on Wampa should be insane.
  • Options
    Yeah but sidious needs zeta - otherwise he will die easily. Im wondering why nobody put video with wampa from rancor or HAAT.

Replacing DN with Tusken shaman give additional damage over time + resurection ability against rancor - so maybe this team can solo rancor ?. I will also replace bobba with Thrawn