Best Wampa team

Replies

• Options
    There's lots of videos running Vader lead and others that inflict dots, but against the current meta, unfortunately it doesn't work.
  • Joh_Em
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Sure, going for maximum power - like in that dot team - is just a possible starting point design. From there you have to develop further to suit the meta.
    I do however think that Vader and Sidious being able to give up to 15 offense bonus stacks with 1 attack is pretty OP on paper and deserving to be kept in mind while testing Wampa.
    Post edited by Joh_Em on
  • Options
    I was wondering about wampa in a zizader team, w/ tusken shamen and tfp (or phasma I guess)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    What i don't like is that i feel devs capped Wampa attack power, he might have tons of buffs like after BB8 triggers iluminated destiny, even though he crits for the same. Tryied Boba fett lead and makes no diference.
  • Options
    Makes sense....can’t have an OP damage darkside toon.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    What i don't like is that i feel devs capped Wampa attack power, he might have tons of buffs like after BB8 triggers iluminated destiny, even though he crits for the same. Tryied Boba fett lead and makes no diference.

i usually steer clear of this kind of talk, but i also feel like it's capped. The 40% offence stack doesn't seem to work either, i've yet to notice a difference between the 2nd and 3rd stack.
    Truth be told, i usually don't pay close attention. Also why i usually steer clear of this kind of talk. I've found out that i've been wrong before (multiple times) once i started paying close attention.
    Anyway, never seen him do more than 44k dmg on his basic. (6*, g11, 186% crit dmg)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Billcarson66
    852 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I’ve seen video footage of him hitting the P4 hull for 200k. This player was fielding the double bayonet.
  • Options
    I've seen wampa doing over 60k on basic in one of Mobilegamer's video. He used Boba lead, Hermit Yoda's training buff & 1 stack of Wampa's 3rd ability
  • Options
    I have had my 5* g11 wampa hit for 50k on his basic at the end of an arena battle. Modded with CD CC set and with crit damage triangle and offense cross as the primary stats.
  • Options
    @MobileGamer365 do you have any new wampa videos? Have you had a chance to play around with best arena option? A lot of us are close to unlocking

Thanks!
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Pseudot wrote: »
    I have my Wampa at 6 stars, g11 with a zeta on Furious Foe. I run him in a NS team. MT lead, Daka, Ventress, weak zombie. Getting Furious Foe off is pretty much an I win button with the amount of plagues out there by his 4th turn. Between that and the AoE daze, he is a very strong substitute for Acolyte cheese. My soul just feels better running him rather than the Acolyte.

How does wampa do on turns? It seems like the beast wouldn't get to go often in that comp. Wampa also gets no help except for a heal from daka. I'd love to hear how it does well cause I can only see wampa standing around twiddling its claws.

• Options
    I was thinking GK/Zarris/Wampa, reeeeeally hard to kill, after that CLS, thrawn, Zolo, Nihilus, R2, zalzin, plug and play whoever you want
  • Options
    I'm not an expert with Wampa since I don't have him, but I do know that any great Wampa team must have Wampa in it :)
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    I'm not an expert with Wampa since I don't have him, but I do know that any great Wampa team must have Wampa in it :)

I wish we could run duplicates of non unique characters. 5 Wampas would be sweet (though 4 Wampas under Rex lead would probably be more effective).
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    How about W(edge), A(ckbar), M(other Talzin), P(rincess Leia) and A(sajj)? :)

• Dajin
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi, I try to rebuild EndallBealls Wampa-Squad but I need some weeks to build up my General Kenobi.
    I've got CLS G12, DN G12, Wampa 6* G11 so far.
    Now I'm not sure which of the following toons I should use to finish the squad until Kenobi is ready:
    1. Barris with Zeta G12 & Old-Ben with Protector-Zeta G11
    2. Baze G10 & Old-Ben with Protector-Zeta G11
    3. Chirrut G10 & Baze G10
    Which would be your favourite part-time-duo?
    Greetings, Dajin
  • Options
    I prolly will try him first in my CLS (L), r2, thrawn, GK team as a substitute for Han. I feel like against mainly rebel teams wampa has the edge with its 100% more dmg vs rebels. also unavoidable basic + Aoe daze = probably good vs JTR. currently 5 stars g9, will have him g11 in a few days.

but the more interesting line up which i probably will try out is Zader (L), Sith Assasin, R2, GK & Wampe with a zeta on its unique. A first moving R2 stealthing everybody, and the a 2nd moving SA giving 100 % TM to herself & Zader. after that the team needs to survive till tampa kills everybody. But in a full g12 shard i need to g12 SA & Zader before even considering trying that
  • Options
    AimHere94 wrote: »
    I prolly will try him first in my CLS (L), r2, thrawn, GK team as a substitute for Han. I feel like against mainly rebel teams wampa has the edge with its 100% more dmg vs rebels. also unavoidable basic + Aoe daze = probably good vs JTR. currently 5 stars g9, will have him g11 in a few days.

but the more interesting line up which i probably will try out is Zader (L), Sith Assasin, R2, GK & Wampe with a zeta on its unique. A first moving R2 stealthing everybody, and the a 2nd moving SA giving 100 % TM to herself & Zader. after that the team needs to survive till tampa kills everybody. But in a full g12 shard i need to g12 SA & Zader before even considering trying that

Why Sass rather than Thrawn?
  • Options
    I think thrawn would be better too, but Sass can get Zader to go quicker than thrawn can.
  • Options
    I think thrawn would be better too, but Sass can get Zader to go quicker than thrawn can.
    Sass is only quicker by 1.
  • Options
    I’ve been running Rex lead, Thrawn, DN, Wampa & GK and I can take out both JTR lead and CLS lead with no issues. Rex feeds Wampa insane TM and the dots off DN unique feed him offense.
    When I go up against NS, I swap out GK for zarris and toast them. G11 Wampa with zeta and all maxed to the maximum point a 5* can go.
  • Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    I’ve been running Rex lead, Thrawn, DN, Wampa & GK and I can take out both JTR lead and CLS lead with no issues. Rex feeds Wampa insane TM and the dots off DN unique feed him offense.
    When I go up against NS, I swap out GK for zarris and toast them. G11 Wampa with zeta and all maxed to the maximum point a 5* can go.

How is this team on defense?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    I've been running:

Zader (L), Thrawn, R2, GK, Wampa. It struggles a bit with the RJT/R2/BB8/OB/GK teams sometimes, but Rex lead solves that problem with the TM gain to outpace them in the long run. Works great against NS, CLS, and any remaining GK/Barriss teams out there and holds as well on defense as my CLS team did if not better as the NS teams tend to avoid it. Thrawn is 268 speed, GK is about 230 speed w/ 100k+ hp/prot, R2 is at 280 speed, Vader is fairly slow rn at 200 speed w/ 60% potency and 216% crit dmg, Wampa is at 223 speed with 216% crit dmg, and has the unique zeta, but not the Healing Immunity on his Roar zeta (That one doesn't seem like it would make a very large impact based on how the matches have been going).

Defense aside, goddamn it's a fun team. There ain't no better feeling than watching Wampa counter attack CLS for 50k or watching his AOE wipe out an entire team of NS in one blow after he's stacked some offense and theres plenty of DOTs on the field. Mods are here: https://swgoh.gg/u/vertigo/collection/
  • Options
    @EldMapat the team holds surprisingly well on defense cause Rex feeds TM like crazy to Wampa so he hurts a lot.
    @Vertigo there’s a solution to the Zader lead. I tested it today in Arena. Zader and DS toons with Wampa get wasted by JTR.

However Zader, Thrawn, Wampa, GK/ST & ZARRIS kick serious A. Zarris makes Zader viable. Less damage taken, alternates well with ST crit immunity. Basically gives enough survivability to let Wampa destroy the opposite team.
  • Options
    I'm currently running GK (L) Zarriss, CLS, Wampa, Hermit Yoda. All the mass heals lets Wampa attack so many times. And, with the master's training on him, he hits haaaaard
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Try IG-88 lead and its DoT on crit with let say, Rey(JT), BB-8, R2.
  • Options
    Tried him in a thrawn, shore, storm, tarkin, wampa squad?
  • Options
    Just tried all the rex and Vader lead suggestions and got completely wiped on offence with my 6* g11 wampa. The best success I have had is weirdly cls (l), zolo, thrawn, wampa and baze to deal with the variety of jtr and ns teams. While it doesn't always win on offence, it's better than the cls titans team on defence, which everybody on my shard has learnt how to defeat. At least instead of dropping to over 50 I am dropping a little less to late 20s to mid 30s, probably because not many people run wampa and they aren't used to it.
  • Options
    @Sungsta what mods are you using? Can you link your swgoh profile please?