Anyone else finding it impossible to stay in the top 10?

Iv always been ranked in the top 5 normally 2nd to a whale who's had 7star qgj since level 30s.
Occasionally I'd wake up and be out of the top 10 but only barely but would take the 11-2 route now I wake up and I'm in the mid-late 30s use all my attacks to get back to the 6-10 rank and before rewards I'm back at 20+

Anyone else noticed this lately or has my server just gone bonkers.

Replies

• Options
    The rest of your server has finally caught up on stars/levels to be competitive with the "top" teams. There are still no 100% reliable defensive teams, so you get busted down by the new crowd of players.
  • Options
    Blank wrote: »
    The rest of your server has finally caught up on stars/levels to be competitive with the "top" teams. There are still no 100% reliable defensive teams, so you get busted down by the new crowd of players.

You are right, the server kind of bunches up and top of 30 can shift a lot.
  • Options
    Same here, shifting priority to Jedi for the Yoda Event really cost me Arena ranks.
    Plus with the Phasma fix, my team is less competitive so I'm switching to droids but I have a 6* Lobot I've been farming dutifully since early December to lead them.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Yea iv never been energy capped even for an hour and spent my arena crystals on energy refreshes so always been a little ahead of the masses, everyone is catching up now everyone has 5 x 7* toons.

I really wish there was a great defence team you could use to try to hold rank, It's no wonder my team loses the way the AI plays it.

If the damage wasn't so crazy I would try 5 healers lol.
  • Options
    Blank wrote: »

Yeah I went from normally 6-10 to fighting and not always making the 20 for about the last month.
  • Options
    If you're rank #1, what happens if you start combat with a lower rank enemy? If you lose do you keep your rank 1 or still drop to rank 2? If you win?

I want to know because if I'm rank 1 at 5:55pm, can I initiate combat with a lower rank, let the clock drain so no one can fight me to take my rank?
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    You can fight but you'll stay number one win or lose. I actually strongly advise if its 5:55 that you hit someone and literally wait the whole 5 minutes till a draw if you're #1 or wait till like 10 seconds to snipe if you're in 5th or better.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Ok, cool. That's exactly what I wanted to do. Will try it today.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    That's a strategy to hold rank at prize giving time. No matter the outcome u keep the rank.
  • Options
    I'm sure someone might fight you around 5:53. And finish by 5:58. You can't revenge when you only have 2 mins left..

• Kalo
    123 posts Member
    Options
    You'd be surprised. Run in auto and keep tapping on who you want to attack. You lose some efficiency, the odds something bad will happen increases, but you can snipe #1 in under a minute. I've done it and I've had it done to me. Leave too much time at your own peril.
  • Options
    Song wrote: »
    I'm sure someone might fight you around 5:53. And finish by 5:58. You can't revenge when you only have 2 mins left..

1 minute is often enough to win, and two minutes literally always are enough
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    10,000 + per shard. Betting 9,990 + are encountering this same difficulty on your shard alone.