Thanks JohnnySteelAlpha

Check this out @JohnnySteelAlpha

Saw a team I really wasn't happy to face in GW today. Then I recognized the name...

http://imgur.com/a/ECug5

Replies

• Options
    Nice :)
  • Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha

How good is hoth rebel scout when he doesn't crit with his special?
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    nothing is better than 7* Ugnaught I fought today!!
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • SpeedWeed
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    nothing is better than 7* Ugnaught I fought today!!

If only upnaught had the Dodge against droids that sid has against jedi ;0
  • Options
    @SlyGambit - that's cool - love seeing people I recognize in GW.

@SpeedWeed - HRS is fantastic without his special hitting crit and / or stunning. It's situational which you want to use. I try to use the basic as much as I can. His basic gives all allies on his team (including self) a chance to gain 25% turn meter. I love using that when I can because usually 2 or so on the team get that boost in any given round - so on top of all other meter gaining going on (Dooku, Sid, Jinn, GS, etc.) that gets layered in there as well. I use him in my GW team - swap out him and Dooku depending on the matchup - and when his basic is really procing on the meter gain it's like I'm doing laps around the other team hitting multiple times while they are stuck. He's not OP, but really good. I like him better than Rey as a lower risk option (he has near 12k health, is just as fast) that provides a noticeable boost to his allies due to the meter gain on basic. He's also great with Ackbar leader in GW or PVP for example - he can get that +23 from Ackbar and go to 166 and be among the fastest in the game. His damage is solid too. I'm a fan - happy I built him for sure.
  • Options

@SpeedWeed - HRS is fantastic without his special hitting crit and / or stunning. It's situational which you want to use. I try to use the basic as much as I can. His basic gives all allies on his team (including self) a chance to gain 25% turn meter. I love using that when I can because usually 2 or so on the team get that boost in any given round - so on top of all other meter gaining going on (Dooku, Sid, Jinn, GS, etc.) that gets layered in there as well. I use him in my GW team - swap out him and Dooku depending on the matchup - and when his basic is really procing on the meter gain it's like I'm doing laps around the other team hitting multiple times while they are stuck. He's not OP, but really good. I like him better than Rey as a lower risk option (he has near 12k health, is just as fast) that provides a noticeable boost to his allies due to the meter gain on basic. He's also great with Ackbar leader in GW or PVP for example - he can get that +23 from Ackbar and go to 166 and be among the fastest in the game. His damage is solid too. I'm a fan - happy I built him for sure.

Have you tried a Rebel team with both scout and trooper?
  • Options

@JohnnySteelAlpha

It's going to be a long time before I can work on him,

Trying not to get into the trap of starring different toons in cantina shipment.

Need to finish QGJ and bring Poe to 5* or 6* at lvl 70.

Having a good team to rank for daily crystal rewards is important

HRS at next lvl cap will get turn meter on enemy death.

The turn meter manipulation potential together with STH has potential to be really sick,
  • Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha was he hard to gear up?
  • Options
    Scout is one of the easiest gear up ive had
  • Options
    @Reddplague - have not tried trooper yet. Haven't targeted him. I run GS with my rebels: Han, Ackbar, GS, Leia, and HRS.

@ZarAzi - I think he's above average difficulty to gear - on his gear 8 he requires 60 purples (40mk4 and 20 MK2 BGel) that are available at this level cap. His 6th gear to finish gear 8 requires 2x50 purple pieces, but that's level locked right now. I don't recall what he needed on gear 7, but it wasn't easy. He wasn't super hard like Ackbar, but he wasn't really easy like GS either. Sorry I don't have a pic at g7.
  • Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha
    how does your rebel team with gs hold out in arena? i was thinking of building a similar team

• Options
    He's always seems to be in top 10 on my "shard."
  • Options
    @Reddplague - have not tried trooper yet. Haven't targeted him. I run GS with my rebels: Han, Ackbar, GS, Leia, and HRS.

@ZarAzi - I think he's above average difficulty to gear - on his gear 8 he requires 60 purples (40mk4 and 20 MK2 BGel) that are available at this level cap. His 6th gear to finish gear 8 requires 2x50 purple pieces, but that's level locked right now. I don't recall what he needed on gear 7, but it wasn't easy. He wasn't super hard like Ackbar, but he wasn't really easy like GS either. Sorry I don't have a pic at g7.

Really you thought he was hard to gear??the computers (40) are in the strenth challenge

Omly the tubes are slightly difficult to get.

Nothing like 50 cuffs or 50 hairdryers... Hence why i think overall not too hard to gear!
  • JohnnyMakeBelieve
    204 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Wish Ackbar wasn't such a bad AI or I'd be trying some nast turn meter manipulation combos like Han HRS along with Yoda or Chewie & such

@JohnnySteelAlpha have you experienced with the soldier yet? He sounds pretty good on paper like alot of the roster but his stats are kind of mediocre
  • Options
    Maraxus wrote: »

Really you thought he was hard to gear??the computers (40) are in the strenth challenge

Omly the tubes are slightly difficult to get.

Nothing like 50 cuffs or 50 hairdryers... Hence why i think overall not too hard to gear!

Well, everybody needs those mk4s - they do drop in challenges, but they go really fast if you're building a lot of heroes...but I just recall his gear 7 being moderately difficult as well...that's why I said above avg and not hard. GS is what I'd consider really easy if we are comparing - I don't think he needed any purple at all until you actually got to gear 8. Then Ackbar I'd consider to be hard.
  • Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha
    how does your rebel team with gs hold out in arena? i was thinking of building a similar team

rebels don't have high damage, so they need all the hits they can get and it's a big problem when Leia doesn't attack and instead goes stealth when controlled by the AI. Not only do you lose the damage she deals, but you lose the chance at her giving everyone crit up. With an Ackbar lead, she is insanely fast, so her starting the whole thing off with good focus fire damage and crit up is big. The crit up not only means more damage that the team deals, but it gives HRS meter synergy since he can get 100% meter if he crits on his special and it gives GS meter synergy since he gains meter when he crits.

Couple other faults with Rebels when controlled by the AI:

1. Since they don't do incredibly high damage, the AI's lack of focus fire really hurts here. They will kind of spray hit the enemy and not really go for kills. Since Rebels don't have great health, it hurts them to then receive damage from all 5 enemy heroes, especially if focus fire.
    2. Han really is key in the setup. The lower health Rebels need him to protect for 2 enemy turns at least and give that meter gain. Unfortunately, Han has very low health (I think necessarily so to balance his great skills though) and a fast speed team (Jinn lead, GS, Dooku, Sid, etc.) attacking an AI controlled Rebel team can focus fire him down pretty easily before he even moves. Once Han is down, the team is pretty exposed and no longer gets that round 2 speed advantage that's critical.