Colonel Starck - WARNING - Activate him and Guild Store shards stop coming

Prev1
Consider this a Public Service Announcement.

Initially I thought this was an anomaly, during the mad dash to acquire 80-shards to unlock Colonel Starck I would often receive 10-15 Starck shards per day often refreshing 1-2x, but now that 29/50 of my guild mates have unlocked him the shards have stopped coming.

Some have received 5-10 in the week since they've activated him, but most are like me: ZERO shards from the guild store for over a week. Those that have him at 5* have had to purchase packs to do so.

Considering the complete transparency of the associated algorithm, I expect I will have to wait 10d 12h for the Data Cards in the Store to expire before his shards once again show up in the Guild Store.

So, if you're currently still the beneficiary of 10-15 Starck shards per day, keep collecting, don't activate until you're satisfied with the Star count.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I've gotten Starck only from the guild shop (no packs), never refreshed the shop, missed several of the nighttime slots, activated him as soon as I had 80 shards, and I'm at 15/85.

You having bad RNG doesn't mean there's a grand conspiracy.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    I've gotten Starck only from the guild shop (no packs), never refreshed the shop, missed several of the nighttime slots, activated him as soon as I had 80 shards, and I'm at 15/85.

Nailed it! ;)
  • Options
    You're not important enough to be conspired against.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I'm at 30/85 haven't noticed anything strange since I unlocked him.
  • Options
    My Logray hit 75/100 over a week ago. He's still 75/100.

Sometimes you get good RNG, sometimes bad. It will come back around.
  • Options
    tenor.gif
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    What is it about this game and these threads?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I've unlocked him and get at least 5 shards a day.
  • Options
    I think the RNG swings wildly, making it feel like things are going terribly wrong. Or else the Dev team really is building algorithms that reduce drop rates forward some people once they determine you are focusing on a toon. I'm still suspicious of that
    :)
  • Options
    Store RNG is just a weird, weird thing. When I was farming Slave1 for 5 months, it'd appear 2-3 times a week if I was lucky. I finally got it to 7* one Sunday. It then appeared 8 times during the next week. Go figure.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    I hate to tell you but I’ve had good luck getting his shards... he shows up a lot. No packs and I’m at 45/85.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    You're not important enough to be conspired against.

Wait, what? That’s not what my mom said. LOL

I’m glad it’s just isolated RNG and you all are continuing to receive shards.

My faith in the integrity of EA & CG has been completely restored.
  • Options
    Lucky yall. I have starck 40/80. He NEVER shows up for me.
  • Options
    If anything, it was the update back a couple weeks ago, when they announced requirements for Rey and the second round of double drops. normally I'm a big believer in it's just rng, but my whole guild went from doing average of 2 drops a day, to average of 2 drops a week at the exact same time, regardless of activation. Coincidence? Probably actually ...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.

That's funny, it took me longer to activate him, I see his shards more now.
  • Options
    my RNG on Starck was pretty lousy over the past 2 weeks but he is once again showing up regularly in the store for me. Stick with it and your streak will come back around.
  • Options
    Ploosh wrote: »
    If anything, it was the update back a couple weeks ago, when they announced requirements for Rey and the second round of double drops. normally I'm a big believer in it's just rng, but my whole guild went from doing average of 2 drops a day, to average of 2 drops a week at the exact same time, regardless of activation. Coincidence? Probably actually ...

Coincidence? Of course.

I had him at 60/65 for 4 days, and thinking I wouldn't make it to the special mission, but he appeared and now my guild will get an extra probe droid shard
  • Options
    Just bad RNG bud, he shows up all the time for me without refreshes.
  • Options
    amazing.

we set up our own rules for this game

some placebo,

he’ll come back around. fret not.
  • Options
    45/85.

No conspiracy here.
  • Options
    I see his shards at least once a day and I activated him a while ago.
  • Options
    Stark? Never heard of him
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    No offense to devs, but seriously they are just not capable of this.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

It's not this game, people are like this with everything that has an element of randomness. Even D&D where you are rolling the dice yourself.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

@Liath Exactly. Same here. I've missed several nighttime slots but I buy him from the guild shop every time I see him. There's no "big mystery" to it @ParzivaI it's just "bad" RNG, and it happens to us all. ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    I'm almost at the next star, so he definitely keeps coming.
  • Options
    Update. I'm now at 35/65. He just popped up in my store this morning. Just goes to show he's not magically "disappearing" from the shop when you activate him. I actually see his shards more regularly now imho. Just sayin'. ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

It's not this game, people are like this with everything that has an element of randomness. Even D&D where you are rolling the dice yourself.
    Oh, please.... if you play.... you KNOW THE DICE ARE OUT TO GET YOU some nights.... #conspiracyconfirmed
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    The problem really with Starck is that for someone only in the guild store and no other way to farm him, he should be always able to get. What is the point needing him in DSTB if its not a farmable toon. For some, guild currency isn't a really fast builder, makes it worst when could be days(or a week in my case) between seeing him.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    oops post
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH