Be careful what you wish for.

Prev1
So what happens when everyone gets a CLS and all these whiney people don't improve in arena?

Replies

• Options
    Ill have fun destroying all the new cls teams . :D
  • Options
    When everyone is special then no one is.

People complained about CLS breaking the game when he came out well now that a bunch more people will have him he will break the game less cause everyone has him
  • Options
    Level playing field sounds fine to me. Down to utilization then
  • Options
    JediJim wrote: »

If defensive ai was good then yes you'd have a point. It's not though
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Kyngzilla wrote: »
    So what happens when everyone gets a CLS

I don't care about arena, I want him for raids and TB/TW.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

If defensive ai was good then yes you'd have a point. It's not though

Still have a point, needs to be used well offensively to climb, every team drops on defense. Also help people start to build their meta teams.
  • Options
    CLS is more than arena. I want him for Rancor and HAAT. Plus he’s the ultimate defense in TW and great in LS TB.
  • Options
    So your solution is lets only we keep him and nobody else ? . that's not sounds fair. And of course you can improve in arena. That is exactly the improvement everybody will have him and we can kick some ***
  • Options

People complained about CLS breaking the game when he came out well now that a bunch more people will have him he will break the game less cause everyone has him

The arena has never been well balanced. Before all top teams were CLS teams, they were all Chaze teams, and they were all Wiggs teams before that.

It would be nice if you could be successful in the arena in a lot of different ways, so that if you preferred to play Empire there was a path to that, or if you wanted to play Sith there was a path to winning in the arena, but they've always chosen to make the Rebel faction king, and that won't change.

Now that everyone will have CLS, I think we'll go from every top 100 team being CLS + R2 + whatever to every top 300 team being CLS + R2 + whatever
  • Options

Down to mods you mean
  • Kyngzilla
    265 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    So your solution is lets only we keep him and nobody else ? . that's not sounds fair. And of course you can improve in arena. That is exactly the improvement everybody will have him and we can kick some ***

That's so weird. I read my post 4-5 times and didn't see where I said that... I must not be able to read good, can you point it out to me?

My point is yes the top folks in arena have him, ok cool, but if someone is sitting at 400-500 in their shard and everyone gets CLS, how much do you expect that person to improve in arena? All these folks every single day have been asking "when is CLS coming back, we deserve CLS, yadda yadda" like he's going to make them better in arena.

When everyone has him he will just be another toon, nothing special. That's my point not "lets only we keep him and nobody else ?" as you falsely equated. These folks need to "be careful what they wish for" CLS might not make them that before and yes, I want him for raids as well, but he probably won't see light of day in arena for me. How can everyone kick **** when the **** they are kicking is the exact same team they have?

Reading is fundamental.
  • Options
    caldera wrote: »

The arena has never been well balanced. Before all top teams were CLS teams, they were all Chaze teams, and they were all Wiggs teams before that.

It would be nice if you could be successful in the arena in a lot of different ways, so that if you preferred to play Empire there was a path to that, or if you wanted to play Sith there was a path to winning in the arena, but they've always chosen to make the Rebel faction king, and that won't change.

Now that everyone will have CLS, I think we'll go from every top 100 team being CLS + R2 + whatever to every top 300 team being CLS + R2 + whatever

Someone gets it.
  • Options
    Why don’t you either stop begrudging other people having the opportunity to get CLS or stop using CLS for 6 months? Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    Someone isn’t happy about others being able to whoop your arena team in the near future XD

But in all seriousness CLS WILL help my arena team go up. Literally every team in the top 50 has CLS except me and I have beeen at a huge disadvantage for MONTHS.

I have to face CLS teams every day no matter what, so why shouldn’t I expect to improve once I get my hands on one?

You are just scared about the playing field being even. Plus, the CLS meta will pass as all metas do. Dooku used to be so OP until other newer, better toons drowned him out.
  • Options

Is that a “Incredibles” reference?
  • Options
    caldera wrote: »

You missed the part where they were all Zaul teams, after Wiggs and before Chaze.

• CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hopefully I will be getting my CLS next week after 5 months of hardcore farming and grinding for that event, so I will just leave this video here on the behalf of all players who gave their blood for a chance to kick some **** in the arena too. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4QfHdcMeEc
  • Options
    Haybarn564 wrote: »

Down to mods you mean

Mods, gear level and who he's teamed with.

I run rebels so an easy fit but I'm a ways off a titans team. I imagine he's less use to someone who runs DS team in arena
  • Options
    OmerAsik wrote: »
    Someone isn’t happy about others being able to whoop your arena team in the near future XD

But in all seriousness CLS WILL help my arena team go up. Literally every team in the top 50 has CLS except me and I have beeen at a huge disadvantage for MONTHS.

I have to face CLS teams every day no matter what, so why shouldn’t I expect to improve once I get my hands on one?

You are just scared about the playing field being even. Plus, the CLS meta will pass as all metas do. Dooku used to be so OP until other newer, better toons drowned him out.

Don't have CLS. Try again.
  • Options
    I mean, CLS is already disappearing from my shards top 50, as most are switching to Rey teams, and he doesn't quite have a place on it. I'm not too worried. I don't think it'll affect the top 50 much, more likely make the 50-300 way harder to hold.

Plus, Barris teams hold better anyway, so I don't see him ruining arena at all, if anything just making all those other aspects of the game so much more enjoyable for everyone (raids, TB, TW, etc)
  • Options
    Ploosh wrote: »
    I mean, CLS is already disappearing from my shards top 50, as most are switching to Rey teams, and he doesn't quite have a place on it. I'm not too worried. I don't think it'll affect the top 50 much, more likely make the 50-300 way harder to hold.

Plus, Barris teams hold better anyway, so I don't see him ruining arena at all, if anything just making all those other aspects of the game so much more enjoyable for everyone (raids, TB, TW, etc)

Agree. As the top folks move on to JTR, and other bought characters the rest of us will battle it out over the scraps. Aka CLS.
  • Options
    That's so weird. I read my post 4-5 times and didn't see where I said that... I must not be able to read good, can you point it out to me?

My point is yes the top folks in arena have him, ok cool, but if someone is sitting at 400-500 in their shard and everyone gets CLS, how much do you expect that person to improve in arena? All these folks every single day have been asking "when is CLS coming back, we deserve CLS, yadda yadda" like he's going to make them better in arena.

How do you know they are in 400-500 range? I'm pretty sure you can't see people's arena rank on these forums, so you are basing your statement on a false assumption.
    I'm finishing in top 10 of arena every day and I have neither CLS nor GK not JTR, while every other top 10 team has one or more of these toons. So yes, I expect it to be easier for me to go for 1st place when I get CLS and not fall so hard overnight.
  • Options
    Zambor wrote: »

How do you know they are in 400-500 range? I'm pretty sure you can't see people's arena rank on these forums, so you are basing your statement on a false assumption.
    I'm finishing in top 10 of arena every day and I have neither CLS nor GK not JTR, while every other top 10 team has one or more of these toons. So yes, I expect it to be easier for me to go for 1st place when I get CLS and not fall so hard overnight.

It literally reads.... IF SOMEONE, doesn't say, everyone, doesn't say I can see your arena rank doesn't say anything that you said it says....

It literally says.... IF SOMEONE is at that position.

Someones. Not everyone. Not you. Someone aka some people.
  • Options
    I run nightsisters who literally poop on CLS teams. So I will be getting CLS to use in raids and TB/TW. And will probably climb more in arena with all the cls teams everywhere. It’s a win win for me. Super excited
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    BTBAMthony wrote: »
    I run nightsisters who literally poop on CLS teams.

They literally don't.
  • Options
    It will be a battle of mods if everyone is running the same cls team it's all mods with high speed secondary even right now you can see in arena lots of people are running the top 50 arena team but they are 150 plus in arena cuz there mods suck
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    BTBAMthony wrote: »
    I run nightsisters who literally poop on CLS teams.

They literally don't.

This exchange made me laugh way harder than it should have.
  • Options
    Once we all get CLS then EVERYONE will be top 20!!! (trust me, the math works :D )
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    You get a CLS! And *you* get a CLS! Everyone gets a CLS!!!
  • Fumanchu
    33 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Oh boy was the OP right. I've only managed to go from dropping to 240 yesterday before I got CLS to sitting at 58 right now. I didn't move even 1 spot last night and beat teams today easily that would have crushed me before.