Defense of Dathomir / Mother Talzin Event??

Smack
36 posts Member
edited December 2017
So whatever happened to the monthly Mother Talzin event that required her to be 7 stars so you can get Zetas? It has never come back and one of the main reasons I spent a couple hundred dollars on her. @CG_Kozispoon
Post edited by Smack on

Replies

• Options
    I don't remember seeing anything about Talzin being a monthly thing. The nightsister event for the Spirit and Zombie has been recurring, and there's the Assault Battle against Sith characters that you can use nightsisters or phoenix squad in.

Are you talking about the Defense of Dathomir event, the one there's an achievement for like the Ewok Heroic AT-ST event?
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    Wasn‘t it announced as marquée event?
    I was under the impression -apologies for my lack in the English language, I‘m not a native speaker- that it means, we get ONE big event and after that have to wait until she‘s farmable?

Clearification would be appreciated :-D
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @Cossin , yes, marquee events are one-time deals until the characters are farmable by other means. For example however, Darth Nihilus had a Marquee event, but his shards show up as rewards in the Secrets and Shadows assault battle I mentioned above. That event did not start until after he was farmable from a Dark Side Hard Node battle, though.

Included in Talzin's marquee event were the nightsister spirit and zombie characters, who are now exclusively collected through their own unique event with the Alter in the last phase of the battle. I don't recall any other mention of accessing Talzin though, not even from purchasable packs.

EDIT: Another example of marquee event exceptions would be Wicket - when the Heroic AT-ST battle was first introduced and we were given fully geared 7* ewok characters to use. Wicket shards are now exclusive to that Heroic battle, but we need to use our own ewoks.
  • Options
    My memory is a little vague on it to be honest. I know that when Talzin was released there was an event that she had similar to the Wicket deal where if you had her at 7 stars you could participate in a battle and you could acquire Zetas. I always thought that this would be on a rotation just like the Wicket event
  • Smack
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    In this event you were also given 10 Mother Talzin Shards I believe. I recall people saying that they would have Talzin at 7 stars via F2P in like 30 months going this method...
  • Options
    My understanding of what the devs said is that she was going to be event only. If that's just for the other 2 toons that's golden for me lol
  • Options
    I found this thread but I’m still rummaging through it .
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/140229/follow-up-mother-talzin
  • Options
    There were lo ts of threads of outrage about it, deservedly so, and I believe we've had the event return once already. I would think we should've gotten another by now. I thought they were gonna wise up and do it twice a month. Guess not
  • Options
    Yup. It was the Defense of Dathomir event. It has never come back,
  • Options
    Not the Ghosts of Dathomir
  • Smack
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Here is the text.

Defense of Dathomir

The Separatist Army led by General Grievous and Count Dooku have invaded Dathomir! In this special time-limited event gather a force of Nightsisters (minimum 5-Stars) and defend Dathomir! This event will be available for a limited time and has two tiers:
    Defense of Dathomir will run on Oct 20th.
    Tier 1 pits your team of 5-Star (or higher) Nightsisters against the attacking Separatist forces. Succeed and earn shards for Mother Talzin! Tier 1 is available to win once, and can be refreshed for crystals for one more win, each day the event runs.
    In Tier 2, unlocked only when you have a 7-Star Mother Talzin yourself, battle a vastly more powerful incarnation of the Separatist forces with any 7-Star units you own! Succeed and earn 2-4 coveted Zeta Ability Materials! Tier 2 is available to win once, with no crystal refresh, each day the event runs.
    Pay special attention to the new abilities added for Nightsisters in this event: Hail of Arrows and The Sleeping Blood! These new abilities are limited to Defense of Dathomir, but may prove to be the difference between history repeating itself and a new era for the Witches of Dathomir.
    This special event also has a new achievement for completing it ten times!
    @Fauztin
  • Options
    Ok yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. Solid research, @Smack !

I feel like I've seen it return once, but I was never able to participate. Looking at my current achievements, I also don't have any progress made, so there must not have been an initial opening of the event where they give you the fully geared and starred toons like the Wicket Heroic one. I would expect to see this return in January, at the very least becoming a recurring event on a 3-month basis like how Legendaries used to be before they made new ones. Or a bi-monthly basis to rotate with Wicket's.
  • Options
    The Talzin event was supposed to be a monthly thing and be the only place to get her shards I thought :/ maybe it's just the zombie and spirit
  • Options
    @Fauztin thanks! I am glad to see I wasn’t losing my mind. Although they didn’t specify a monthly return. It is still rather aggravating because Wicket has been a monthly thing. People have missed out on Talzin shards and Zetas if this was an oversight on CG .
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/140318/wicket-mother-talzin-nightsister-spirit-and-nightsister-zombie-going-forward#latest

They are following the "release cadence" and after that time period will be farmable through the event "at least once a month"
  • AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Here is the post with info on the mother talzin release cadence: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/140318/wicket-mother-talzin-nightsister-spirit-and-nightsister-zombie-going-forward

Edit: here is the info regarding MT:

MOTHER TALZIN:

Mother Talzin was released via a Marquee event and will consequently follow the standard character release cadence. After her event finishes, she will move to the Chromium Packs. After that rotation (per the cadence), and similar to Wicket, she will return in the Defense of Dathomir series, where players can earn shards of her by participating in the event.

Similar to Endor Escalation, when Defense of Dathomir comes back it will reoccur at least once per month until otherwise announced. Also similar to Wicket, Mother Talzin will not be available in Shipments for the immediate future, but may eventually find a home there.

The initial Defense of Dathomir event is for two days, but the future monthly events are currently planned to only run a single day. As always, we may change the duration in the future.

CLARIFICATION:

Mother Talzin will follow the character release cadence.
    First, she will be released via her Marquee event (and additional shards can be obtained via Defense of Dathomir).
    Approximately 4 - 6 weeks later she will make an appearance in the Chromium pack.
    After appearing in the Chromium, approximately another 4 - 6 weeks later, the Defense of Dathomir event will be return.
    The Defense of Dathomir event will then reoccur at least once a month at that point and will be where players will be able to obtain shards of Mother Talzin, until otherwise announced.
    Defense of Dathomir event is planned to be her only farmable location afterwards.
  • Options
    Great. That’s all I needed. Thanks Everyone
  • Options
    I have been waiting for this as well.