Who should I be gearing up while farming Phoenix.

Prev1
LordDresden85
4 posts Member
edited December 2017
Been playing about a week and here are my characters. https://swgoh.gg/u/lorddresden85/collection/
I've read a lot of information and am currently farming Phoenix.
I'm trying to get into top 1000 in arena and not having much luck. Also unable to complete a GW. Who shouild I be gearing up to help me while I farm Phoenix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• Options
    Rebels or resistance are always a good option, a Wedge leader, biggs, lando, st han and leia or old ben would be a great team and GW bould take 10-15 minutes to complete it, and its very good on arena too. Resistance is a bit harder to farm in cantina with: Finn, poe, scavenger rey, resistance pilot and resistance trooper, this team would help you to make a good dmg in the Tank. :)
  • Options
    Wedge leader, biggs, lando, st han and leia or old ben

This.

• Options
    Been playing about a week and here are my characters. https://swgoh.gg/u/lorddresden85/collection/
    I'm trying to get into top 1000 in arena and not having much luck. Also unable to complete a GW. Who shouild I be gearing up to help me while I farm Phoenix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Get ahead of the curve, while farming/working on unlocking Phoenix any gear you put into Tarkin, TFP and Biggs will pay off long term since they all have excellent ships.

Once you get a few Phoenix unlocked gear Ezra & Hera as the highest priority first. Unfortunately they are both cantina nodes so start with Hera.
  • DarthDyna
    67 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Get ahead of the curve, while farming/working on unlocking Phoenix any gear you put into Tarkin, TFP and Biggs will pay off long term since they all have excellent ships.

Once you get a few Phoenix unlocked gear Ezra & Hera as the highest priority first. Unfortunately they are both cantina nodes so start with Hera.

I'd agree with this for the most part, but you guys are all missing the fact that he's been playing for about a week. He won't have access to most of the things you guys are recommending for the next month or two (depending on how much he spends).

I use this as a loose guideline, and it works pretty well, though I found it about when I was your level (was already working on phoenix) and made a few adjustments to get R2 and scoundrels earlier on.

EDIT: The biggest digression from that guide I'd make is 7* Ezra before Hera. The squad is worthless in raids without her and while they would do less damage without Ezra, dead dps does no dps. Also, I sincerely wish I had done the chromium rerolling until I got Baze - I didn't know about it until I was too far in to want to turn back. He's a long farm and very powerful at all stages of the game, especially once you can unlock Chirrut.

Focus on Phoenix. It might suck a little in the very beginning and you won't be able to use them all right away, but it smooths out pretty quickly. I have them all 7* except Ezra, who is 6* at player level 72, and can pretty much auto GW except maybe one or two nodes I have to do manually sometimes. I hover around top 50 in arena and top 10-20 in fleet arena, with pretty much everything I have access to 3*. https://swgoh.gg/u/dae657/ this is me, and I started playing in early November, only bought the Slave I pack with money from the Google Play promo (see below)

As for a temporary GW team until you catch phoenix up, a lot of the characters you have now either aren't ones you want to sink much into since you'll never use them, are not farmable for you until you advance in arena/level up, or are already about where they can be in gear at your level. I'd say probably with what you have: Chewie lead, Kylo, Boba, JC or Talia, and...I dunno, Poe? Don't have him yet so not sure how he plays. If you find that you're not doing enough damage, swap poe for probably Dooku. If taking too much damage and tanks can't keep up, swap for the second healer. Gear Boba for sure and sparingly his abilities, especially his unique and not his leader ability...you won't need that for a while. As for the JC/Talia slot, try them both out. If you start losing guys in a GW battle, just retreat and try that battle again. You can also use that to mix and match your team in general to see how they play. Just don't retreat too late - if you lose all your guys, they stay lost until next reset. I'd suggest NOT farming/gearing chewie any further, ditto Talia. They have limited application from what I can tell so far.

Also, for the most part - and especially when you're trying to play phoenix to start - there isn't much of "gearing other guys while you farm phoenix". You'll want to devote your resources to your main squad, and other teams are largely secondary, save for the bare minimum for dark side battles until you get close to 60 and unlocking ships. Otherwise, you have a bunch of okay heroes which can sort of do a few things instead of a solid squad that can strongly get you through a lot more.

Having said all that, you're already level 45 within a week and barely have Hera, let alone any other Phoenix guys. It may be a little late to focus on phoenix before you get to a point where your spending/gearing matters and you may want to start over and focus harder on Phoenix, but then again, it also looks like you're buying packs - which is fine - but kind of changes the answer...somewhat. How much are you trying to spend on the game? And what are you spending on? Also, if you have access to an android phone and are already spending on the game, take advantage of the google play promo. It'll give you enough shards for a 7* Scavenger Rey if you spend enough/right increments (See here), and that will take you a long way until you get the phoenix train rolling. Especially helpful if you can get into a guild that does heroics, since even just getting her into a battle will get you rewards, which will set you way ahead.

TL;DR - focus on phoenix, don't worry about gearing most other guys while farming phoenix. Maybe start over if you haven't already spent too much on the game, since you've only spent a week in time so far. (look into arena shards...it makes a difference when you start)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Of the guys you have

Chewie is a scoundrel, a bad one but you can use him in credit heists for most of the game.
    Storm trooper Han and Boba are good scoundrels
    Gamorrean guard is like Chewie a pretty bad scoundrel

Boba and tfp are good pilots. Resistance pilot and clone sergeant are bad pilots. Not sure on how Poe is as a pilot.
  • Options
    @DarthDyna Thank you for the advice. i have already spent about $70 and dont really want to throw that away and restart. I'm not interested in being top dog just a bit more competitive top 200 n arena would be awesome but 500 would make me happy.

For me having fun is most important.. I'm not against spending more money if it is needed and will help me down a better path I'm just not sure what is best to buy. I'm thinking about buying the old ben pack but $20 for 1 character seems a lot to me and not sure he will help with immediate goals.

I want to be able to get the Emperor and Thrawn when they come next so Phoenix is my focus. What star and gear do I need them at to be able to get both of those when they come?

Thank you again for the advice.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    If you have all 5 star you can get a 5 star ep and 5 star thrawn. If you have all 7 star gear viii you should be able to pick up 7 star versions of both.

Early January for Palpatine and probably late January for thrawn appears to be the consensus.
  • DarthDyna
    67 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Agreed with Naraic on the whole. Chances are you won't be able to get to EP in time since it's just in a week or two, but it's entirely possible that I'm misremembering how fast farming can go for those guys at that level. That's okay though, he comes back quicker than you realize - I was about your level when he came around last, and I'll easily be able to 7* him this time around. Other thing is that without the rest of a decent Empire team, you won't have much use for him anyway, so he's okay to miss this time around while you're building that up. More or less same for Thrawn, but he does have slightly wider application, I think.

Totally fair not to want to start over - while it's only been a week, you're a ways into leveling and I wouldn't want to throw that money away either. And that's fine, definitely not a total loss by any means. I'd follow that first guide I linked you, ignoring the earlier level stuff and with slight adjustment to the cantina schedule: Hera Syndulla (to 4*), Ezra Bridger (to 5*), Hera (at least 5*), Lando Calrissian (at least 5*)/TIE Fighter Pilot (at least 5*)/3-5* health mods, finish Hera and Ezra, alternating them once you star up until both are 7*, starting with Hera is what I'd do. He also says you have to start farming wedge at 69...while it's great to do if you can manage to get both Hera and Ezra 7* before then, that requires some solid luck and I don't think will happen - didn't happen for me. I'm holding off on wedge until I finish off Ezra (my last phoenix), since I think it's more important to have them ready for Thrawn/EP than to have Wedge for Arena when I'm doing just fine with Phoenix. He's right that Ezra is the strongest Phoenix member, but Zeb will likely be your first 7* since GW becomes a breeze to farm and you have pretty much guaranteed 15 shards a day once you get to a point when you can complete it, and the team is about worthless without Hera so imo she should be ahead of Ezra in stars (I read another post about how it's perfectly normal to not finish GW early on, which I completely forgot about...so keep that in mind).

As for what to buy - nothing right now. The Dooku and Han packs for $5 were great value, but I don't see anything in the store worth buying right now. Old ben and those other $20 packs are for people getting ready for Commander Luke Skywalker, which you (and I) are pretty far from being ready for right now. Pretty much any non-pilot, non-phoenix character is irrelevant to buy right now. Also, I'd suggest avoiding anything that doesn't have fixed drops unless you're planning on spending a LOT of money. They're not in the business of giving you a lot for a little, so those generally aren't good value. If you're itching to buy something, get crystals and use those on 3x 100 crystal cantina resets a day and 1-2x 50 crystal regular energy resets. That will take you a long way. It's not worth spending crystals on other characters or gear right now unless you absolutely need something now for, say, an event or something and there's a 0% chance of getting there otherwise.

Phoenix is a fun squad, and even more so once you start to notice them power up. They're versatile, and save for some whales out there, and can handily take on most any leveling squad until you get into the 70s, even those with higher GP than yours. Tip for using them: Try to prioritize using Ezra's flourish and Chopper's dispel on taunts, and when you're facing another phoenix squad (which will be a lot), use chopper's on the opposing chopper - it stuns him because he's a droid. I use most of my assists on Zeb and Hera - Zeb for the daze/stun and Hera when i don't need that for the expose. Edit: and when you're facing Nightsisters (which will also probably be a lot), kill Old Daka first, and save all dispels for the zombie's taunt.

I'm on the way out the door now, but I can write more later. Good luck and have fun!
  • darthjeary
    170 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    My goal as a 100% FTP is to focus on getting anyone non-farmable. Get a team of at least 5* each, hopefully 7*.

I pick one major faction and go hard on them (Level, gear, shards, mods, etc). Shipments, I use for rare non-farmable characters first (Vader, Rex, Grevious, etc) but then will use on my top two squads Im working on if I pile up enough.

I started with Phoenix.
    -Emperor
    -Thrawn

Then Jedi (2/5 done from Phoenix)
    - Grandmaster Yoda

Then Empire
    -R2

Then Team Luke
    -Commander Luke

Then First Order
    -BB8

Then Resistance and friends (Han Chewy)
    -Jedi Rey
    -Speed Mods

Then once the main squads are done, Ill juggle:

Scoundrels
    Sith
    Clones
    Droids
    Ewoks
    Jawas
    Nightsisters

It took me until level 70 to really focus on a single squad and their synergy rather than going after my favorite characters. I had Phasma, Sidious, Farmboy Luke, Geo Soldier, and Jedi Counselor as my top squad for the first 2 months. Huge waste of time and didnt focus on farming anywhere in particular.

Also PS, farm Chopper over Sabine. She is hell right now that she is out of shipments. Ive had Phoenix at 7* for 1 month+ and still need another 50 Sabine's.

My point and recommendation is to focus on one squad with a B squad behind it and dont get distracted with panic farming. The event will come back.
  • Options
    Great advice, and some I'll actually be taking for myself. Do you have a particular reason you chose the Empire/R2 route over FO/BB8 route first? I have a good friend who's been playing for a couple of years telling me I should do FO after I do rebels Rebels since I'm just about done Phoenix (which I'm not 100% sold on, really...they just seem fairly strong and the scoundrel/pilot/phoenix overlap is nice). I do want a good dark side team, so FO/empire are both strong contenders. Is either one of them better for arena/pve?

And quick note supporting Chopper over Sabine - His dispel is invaluable against Phoenix mirror or Nightsisters, both of which you'll get a lot of for a while. His dispel stuns opposing chopper while taking out their taunt, and can dispel NS zombie's taunt to buy you a turn or two, which is an absolute nuisance. Plus, his health/protection regen combined with a second taunt is amazing on defense - I try to avoid other Phoenix squads if I can, but I absolutely go for Sabine squads all the time - they're kind of squishy.
  • Options
    DarthDyna wrote: »
    Great advice, and some I'll actually be taking for myself. Do you have a particular reason you chose the Empire/R2 route over FO/BB8 route first? I have a good friend who's been playing for a couple of years telling me I should do FO after I do rebels Rebels since I'm just about done Phoenix (which I'm not 100% sold on, really...they just seem fairly strong and the scoundrel/pilot/phoenix overlap is nice). I do want a good dark side team, so FO/empire are both strong contenders. Is either one of them better for arena/pve?

Empire over FO easily. I've also been playing since launch, have a 7* r2 and bb8, and your friend is giving you terrible advice.

First, since you went Phoenix you'll have 2 Empire characters for "free", Thrawn and Palps, with a good headstart on Vader from achievements. So before you even start farming Empire you'll be halfway done. Go with Tie Fighter Pilot and Grand Moff Tarkin and it'll give you a huge jump in the Fleet game as well, plus Tarkin is in Arena shop so a super quick farm.

Second, r2 is just flat out better then bb8. I love my little ball, and he helps me put up crazy raid numbers, but he's super situational. R2 can work in 90% of Lightside squads, has a crazy good kit, has 4 different synergy tags, and is required for CLS.

Last, FO is probably the slowest faction to farm from scratch to 5 7* characters. 2/7 are still pay only at this point, and both FOTP and FOST and very slow farms(although not nearly as bad as they used to be).

Empire is also required in more events, including DSTBs. FO is bad advice, Rebels is somehow worse...you just farmed 5 rebels, and someone suggested start on 5 more?!
  • Options
    DarthDyna wrote: »

On the empire team there are Vader Palpatine and Thrawn who are good characters. Thrawn fits the definition is of amazing end game character good enough to ignore faction synergy and work on any team.

I'm willing to bet that first order characters available now won't be considered the best first order characters in 12 months.

To me that's enough reason to put them off. I do the two hard nodes every day for fotp (he is good in fleet) but that's it for the moment.
  • darthjeary
    170 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    What everyone has said for Empire over FO. Much easier to farm and after Phoenix, you already will have Thrawn and Palpatine at atleast 5*'s. Then Vader and Tarkin are basically free at 5* so 4/5 Empire's are done then. Getting everyone to 7*'s is where it will be come more time consuming, but if you focus on 5*, 6*, 7* one at a time, it will pay off eventually.

FO and Resistance are tough farm's in general. Obviously more and more will come out in the near future for both of these factions as well. I saved them for last purely because they are hard to finish.
  • Blizzisme
    241 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I would like to post a dissenting opinion. Phoenix gives you palp and thrawn, Vader you get from achievements and stores.... So you only need 2 chars. Tarkin you get from unlocking fleet stuff and can easily rank up from shipments. That means you need ONE empire char only. Generally you will be farming more than one character at a time (cantina, hard modes, different chars in each store, etc). 2 stars for tarkin and one char shouldn't even really occupy a full slot in your farming plan.

After Phoenix I would look at finishing tarking and one empire character, and then I would either go FO or CLS team.

Just FYI, this is NOT what I did, it's what I wish someone would have told.me.when I started. Instead I have 7* Jedi, FO, Resistance, NS(not MT or zombie, which sucks), and am only doing Phoenix now. I will have them all 7* in about a week, and will be finishing my.empire after that.
  • Options
    Wow, all great stuff. I have Thrawn, Vader, Tarkin, TFP, and Snowtrooper all at 5* (lucked out and was able to get R2 thanks to Snowy). I figure EP will be easy to slot in for Snowtrooper once his event rolls around, then I'll have Phoenix all at 7* for Thrawn's event. I am looking for a squad I can be comfortable investing in for longer-term as to avoid wasting mats on characters I'll only use for a little bit...I take it Empire is pretty good for that? They seem pretty aoe-heavy, which will hurt against Phoenix but should be okay against Nightsisters, I assume, since it gets around zombie, even if I don't have dispels with them. Is that squad okay for Arena too? I was thinking about doing Stormtrooper after I finish boba in a few days, since I'm not sure who to go to next with cantina currency anyway. I'm pretty open for who to farm, though I'm level 73 so some of the top guys like Shore and Death Troopers are a bit out of my reach for now.

Side note: He wasn't necessarily suggesting rebels, it was in the adaptive f2p guide I was reading - I think the line of reasoning was for easy transition from Phoenix to something more powerful and with a lot of overlap from scoundrels for credit heists and pilots minimize farm time. Plus, since I got R2, that's potentially one less character to farm for the squad. Makes sense to work on another faction though, since I already have a full squad of good rebels. I'll probably leave ST Han at 6* since I'll have enough for that tomorrow, boba will be 7* in a few days, and between 5* Lando, Chewie (came from bronzium), and 4* Cad Bane, I should be okay for Tier 3 heists for a bit. We don't have HAAT going yet, though we have HRancor and regular AAT on farm. Does that make a difference in suggestions?
  • Options
    Empire has multiple events, and is a required faction in every phase of DSTB. As a faction they are SUPER AoE heavy, which can occasionally be a bad thing, but normally is in your favor.

I ran Zader lead empire for a long time and stayed top 50, but he came out when the first Thrawn event came.

When planning long term, it's often better to pursue a faction block as a whole, with little concern how it will stack up against the current meta. Chances are new characters/reworks will release by then that'll shake up the meta anyways.
  • SpadeFreeman
    868 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Seriously recommend you watch this:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=WH_RzSMTgP4&t=0s
  • DarthDyna
    67 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Blizzisme wrote: »
    I would like to post a dissenting opinion. Phoenix gives you palp and thrawn, Vader you get from achievements and stores.... So you only need 2 chars. Tarkin you get from unlocking fleet stuff and can easily rank up from shipments. That means you need ONE empire char only. Generally you will be farming more than one character at a time (cantina, hard modes, different chars in each store, etc). 2 stars for tarkin and one char shouldn't even really occupy a full slot in your farming plan.

After Phoenix I would look at finishing tarking and one empire character, and then I would either go FO or CLS team.

Just FYI, this is NOT what I did, it's what I wish someone would have told.me.when I started. Instead I have 7* Jedi, FO, Resistance, NS(not MT or zombie, which sucks), and am only doing Phoenix now. I will have them all 7* in about a week, and will be finishing my.empire after that.

This is a good point. I'll likely go for TFP straight away after I finish Ezra, and put Wedge on the back burner for a while until I'm getting ready for the Chimera event (read: in a long while).

@SpadeFreeman Thank you for the link! I've been looking for good videos like that but most of them weren't up-to-date. This was perfect.

My farm schedule (and hopefully this helps @LordDresden85 and other people in the same boat):

Hard Nodes:
    1. FOST to 4* (maybe more, but my fear is that a better FO tank will come out soon and that time will be wasted since there's only one)
    2. FOTP to 7* (one node/day)
    3. Millenium Falcon to unlock (on hard mode and dark side days for guild activity)

Cantina Nodes:
    1. Finish Ezra
    2. TFP to 7*
    3. Kylo Ren/Old ben (not sure on this one yet, but likely in that order)

Cantina Store:
    1. Finish Boba
    2. FOO/QGJ/Poe (still not sure which I wanna do first yet, but likely in that order)

Guild Store:
    1. Darth maul to unlock (for ships)
    2. Jyn to unlock (for ships and maybe more)
    3. Old Ben whenever possible

Squad Arena Store:
    1. STHan to 6* (one more day)
    2. Tarkin to 7*
    3. Leia to 7* (...probably)
    4. Cassian to unlock (unless something changes)

GW store:
    1. Biggs to 7*, occasional ships
    2. Phasma to 7*
    3. Cad Bane to 4* (for mods and heists until I get better ones...already have him one day away from it)
    4. TBD

Fleet store:
    1. Vader shards
    2. Chirrut shards
    3. Occasional Wedge shards until unlocked
    4. FOTP shards with any leftover
    Ship Priority:
    1. Tie Advanced to unlock (or 5* if it's close enough for zeta mats)
    2. Slave I to 5* (halfway there)
    3. Scimitar
    4. Ships needed for challenges, especially TFP/FOTP, Ghost/Phantom II later

Guild Events store:
    Save for Baze

This gets me an empire team for DSTB/DS nodes and R2, fairly solid ship lineup to keep that train rolling, gets things started for First Order (i.e. BB8), and positions me well to only have to finish farming Old Ben and STHan for CLS.

Any input is of course appreciated, and you guys are all amazing for the input you've given so far. Also, one more question I haven't seen anyone discuss anywhere: For the characters with multiple cantina nodes, is there a consensus on which one is better to farm? The lower level one will get you the character with less energy commitment (I assume?), while the higher level one gets you more cantina currency and credits (and sometimes ship building materials) per energy, but I'm not sure how to really weigh those against one another.
  • Options
    I always go for the higher node if there is one. I prefer the increased return/energy for store currency, credits, etc.
  • DarthDyna
    67 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    My last post "will be displayed after approval" - I assume I just edited it too many times, so that's what Blizzisme is responding to (for anyone who sees this before that gets reposted). I had another thought - I have shards for 7* Scav Rey from the Google Play promo (the only time I've spent money on this game) - does that change anything for order? With 5* R2 already, I could do Resistance Pilot (is he actually any good?) before Phasma while I'm farming Hard nodes for FOST and at least that would give me something to do with my cantina currency farming Poe. Just seems likely I could finish that, then do First order once FOST is high enough since hard nodes will likely be a long grind and we *just* had the BB8/Rey event.
  • Options
    Watch this and do what he says -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uRZ016XV4k
  • Options
    I am also brand new and have similar questions because I have also started to Farm Phoenix. So like many others I clicked on the pop up for this game and just started going at it. Now that I'm about a week in, I am starting to grasp vastness of and commitment required for this game. Having said that..I'm in. However, I am desperately seeking advice on how to build a strong FTP team and avoid wasting time developing the wrong toons. I have read multiple posts across a plethora of forums and I realize that opinions will vary. I also notice that it's easy to get overwhelmed because there are so many prerequisites that lead one to wander down so many decisevly different paths in order to circle back around. Just the acronyms and terminology alone can seem daunting, but I am sure with a little guidance and time my grasp on the material will grow. In short, I would greatly appreciate anyone willing to take a quick look at it what I've started out with and help me avoid developing characters that will ultimately be inferior but instead focus on a well-rounded Squad. Thanks in advance.

My current status is level 39 and here are my folks:

https://swgoh.gg/u/xxstr8owninxx/collection/
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The thing is every character is ultimately inferior untill you get an end game team

For example at the moment

Raid Han general Kenobi cls (l) r2d2 thrawn/jtr

How you get there and what you run until then is upto you however this is a game where you have to balance your various resources. Some examples are

Crystals - you get these by ranking well in your arena shard and your fleet arena shard.
    Credit - you get a small dailly income from activities but you need scoundrels to enhance your income
    Galactic war tokens - Galactic war opens at level 40. You need to face 12 teams in a row and you have your full roster. Phoenix can take you from ticket to tape in 95% of the cases. Otherwise you pretty much need 3 teams. If you finish galactic war you get to farm 15 shards a day from the galactic war shop.
    Fleet arena tokens - your fleet arena tokens earns you these

My tips
    There are 4 tiers of credit heists
    Tier 1 under level 30
    Tier 2 under level 50
    Tier 3 under level 70
    Tier 4 under level 80

As you approach a tier upgrade your scoundrels to max rewards.

Run Phoenix as your main squad in galactic war and in arena. Get a decent income of crystals which you can use to refresh energy and cantina energy to support you in farming gear and shards.

Once you get your first character that is 7 stars get into a heroic guild doing heroic raids. Either hPit or both hpit and Haat. Hpit only is ok if it means you can rank well.

Pick up empire characters for ships (tfp and tarkin and vader) and events (thrawn and palpatine) and use these for r2d2.

Eventually Phoenix will be outclassed in arena transition to another rebels team (Wiggs and some characters you need for scoundrels and cls) probably or an empire team.

Pick up r2d2 and cls.
  • Options
    I am also brand new and have similar questions because I have also started to Farm Phoenix. So like many others I clicked on the pop up for this game and just started going at it. Now that I'm about a week in, I am starting to grasp vastness of and commitment required for this game. Having said that..I'm in. However, I am desperately seeking advice on how to build a strong FTP team and avoid wasting time developing the wrong toons. I have read multiple posts across a plethora of forums and I realize that opinions will vary. I also notice that it's easy to get overwhelmed because there are so many prerequisites that lead one to wander down so many decisevly different paths in order to circle back around. Just the acronyms and terminology alone can seem daunting, but I am sure with a little guidance and time my grasp on the material will grow. In short, I would greatly appreciate anyone willing to take a quick look at it what I've started out with and help me avoid developing characters that will ultimately be inferior but instead focus on a well-rounded Squad. Thanks in advance.

This game is really big and really complicated and not always fun lol.

Takes time to get to grips. To say the least. Takes time to get into the rhythm and the idea of prioritising.

I'm not an expert, far from it. But watch the video I posted above - I wish I'd have seen that in the first month of playing. Would have saved me a lot of time and wasted resources.

- Farm a Rebel team for the Arena - Wedge (Lead), Biggs, Stormtrooper Han, Boba, Lando. - You got 3 good scoundrels (Han, Boba, Lando) for the credit heists there too. Excellent.

- Get into an active guild. Don't worry about knowing what the heck you're doing. Just join and try to follow along or even better, ask questions and how you can help and grow.

- Learn about mods. They are super-complicated. Let me make it easier - speed is pretty much everything. Speed, speed, speed. If your team is quicker than the other team you will have the first chance to defeat them. If they are faster then they will have the first chance to defeat you.

- Farm a Phoenix squad to get Thrawn.

- Farm an Empire squad to get R2.

- Once you have R2 farm an Old School Rebel team of Old Ben, R2, Stormtrooper Han, Farmboy Luke and Leia to get Commander Luke Skywalker.

In the meantime always have an eye on what's changing in the game, it's dynamic and it pays to listen to what the old hands are thinking and planning for. Get chatting with them. Largely, it seems most of the experienced players are more than happy to help out newer players. There doesn't seem to be many egos in the game (as there shouldn't be - the big dogs are only there because they've been playing the longest or spent the most). Get chatting, ask questions - so many cool folk will be glad to help.

Be single-minded. Farming is a long, boring slog. It's meant to be. It's meant to be so long and boring that you get frustrated with it and decide to throw money at it to sped it along. That's why the game exists. But stick with it. Farm and farm and farm and then one day you start realising, wow, I'm actually doing pretty well here.I've actually got a few solid squads from a few different factions. Then it starts to become worthwhile. You'll get there. Just put the work and the hours in my friend.

There may be some that disagree with some or all of the above. So be it.

• Options
    I farmed Rey early to 7* before I focused on synergy. She is amazing at offense. I've heard Resistance in general are one of the best teams as well outside of the meta. It wouldnt be bad to focus on them especially since January is Finn/Poe. And I only assume new characters like Snoke or General Hux will need Resistance.

Rey - already done
    RP - Will finish quickly with GW shards and he shows up in fleet shipments.
    Finn - Focus Cantina on him.
    Poe - Fleet shipments and regular energy.
    R2 - already done
  • Options

This game is really big and really complicated and not always fun lol.

Takes time to get to grips. To say the least. Takes time to get into the rhythm and the idea of prioritising.

Be single-minded. Farming is a long, boring slog. It's meant to be. It's meant to be so long and boring that you get frustrated with it and decide to throw money at it to sped it along. That's why the game exists. But stick with it. Farm and farm and farm and then one day you start realising, wow, I'm actually doing pretty well here.I've actually got a few solid squads from a few different factions. Then it starts to become worthwhile. You'll get there. Just put the work and the hours in my friend.

There may be some that disagree with some or all of the above. So be it.

100% agreed. If you're into this kind of thing, I really wish I had taken screenshots of my roster every 5 or so levels as I progressed - looking back from where I am now (only a couple of months in), it would be really cool to see the progress. Might also help you feel like you're actually making solid progress at times when it feels a little slow.
  • DarthDyna
    67 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Blizzisme wrote: »

This is a good point. I'll likely go for TFP straight away after I finish Ezra, and put Wedge on the back burner for a while until I'm getting ready for the Chimera event (read: in a long while).

EDIT: Doing Resistance first before FO since I already have Rey and R2. Plus, there may be a resistance event before the next BB8 event.

@SpadeFreeman Thank you for the link! I've been looking for good videos like that but most of them weren't up-to-date. This was perfect.

My farm schedule (and hopefully this helps @LordDresden85 and other people in the same boat):

Hard Nodes:
    1. FOST to 4* (maybe more, but my fear is that a better FO tank will come out soon and that time will be wasted since there's only one)
    2. FOTP to 7* (one node/day)
    3. Millenium Falcon to unlock (on hard mode and dark side days for guild activity)

Cantina Nodes:
    1. Finish Ezra
    2. Finn to 7* (or close enough depending on the January sign in reward schedule)
    3. TFP to 7* (since it looks like we might not get Palp this month and Thrawn is likely next month anyway)

Cantina Store:
    1. Finish Boba
    2. Poe to 7*
    3. FOO/QGJ

Guild Store:
    1. Old Ben whenever possible
    2. Darth maul to unlock (for ships)
    3. Jyn to unlock (for ships)

Squad Arena Store:
    1. STHan to 6* (one more day)
    2. Tarkin to 7*
    3. Leia to 7* (...probably)

GW store:
    1. Biggs to 7*, occasional ships
    2. Resistance Pilot to 7*
    3. Phasma to 7*
    4. Cad Bane to 5* (for mods and heists)
    5. TBD

Fleet store:
    1. Vader shards
    2. Chirrut shards
    3. Occasional Wedge shards until unlocked
    Ship Priority:
    1. Tie Advanced to unlock (or 5* if it's close enough for zeta mats)
    2. Slave I to 5* (halfway there)
    3. Scimitar
    4. Ships needed for challenges, especially TFP/FOTP

Guild Events store:
    Save for Baze

Since my last post disappeared and doesn't seem to be coming back, this is what it said. Made some slight alterations in favor of Resistance over FO.
    Post edited by DarthDyna on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

I want to be able to get the Emperor and Thrawn when they come next so Phoenix is my focus. What star and gear do I need them at to be able to get both of those when they come?

I'd still recommend to finish Boba, St Han and Lando first for credit heist event. You really need those extra credits from doing the highest tier of the event. Your chewie is fine at 5* (maybe gear level 7). After that farming Phoenix is fine.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options

5 star but they need to be levelled up and you might not be able to afford the levels if you fall behind in credits.
  • Options
    Happy new year to all of you! Happy farming!