Ties in TW...what a joke.

Prev1
AndySCovell
770 posts Member
edited December 2017
You guys found a way to make a new exciting part of the game boring. Why should anyone care about TW? The top guilds always Tie. It’s simply a bad mechanic. Then you post “Actually, it’s only 5% of all guilds end in a tie”. Well the 5% is usually inside the top 100 guilds...you know...the ones that spend money and keep this game going. This should have been fixed before two weeks worth of Christmas vacations start happening. Insane.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    it's probably way less than 5% now since guilds have figured out def is the way to go.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Did you put all of your best teams on defense? If not then you have room to make your defense stronger which will decrease ties. At a certain point teams are still going to tie regardless, but I doubt you are at that point. If so, what GP is your guild.
  • Options
    We went hardcore defense. We have players overseas we faced and they went all offense and we defended with our teams multiple times and like the community has talked about...no banners for defending. What a crock.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    We went hardcore defense. We have players overseas we faced and they went all offense and we defended with our teams multiple times and like the community has talked about...no banners for defending. What a crock.

that's just bad strategy on their part. Maybe one day they'll realize they will always get 2nd place rewards with that strategy.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    it's probably way less than 5% now since guilds have figured out def is the way to go.

I'd say the very top guilds could set their top teams on defense and still clear the board. I mean top 50 or 100 guilds in the game. There's only so many teams you can set in each area.

Maybe once you are over 100,000,000 gp you can set an extra 1teams per area. If there's 104 teams on defense (13 per area 8 non fleet areas) that's 2 teams each. There are people in team instinct with 100 gear 12 characters.

No matter how good their defense they will easily clear the other teams board.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »

I'd say the very top guilds could set their top teams on defense and still clear the board. I mean top 5 or 10 guilds in the game. There's only so many teams you can set in each area.

Maybe once you are over 100,000,000 gp you can set an extra 1teams per area. If there's 104 teams on defense (13 per area 8 non fleet areas) that's 2 teams each. There are people in team instinct with 100 gear 12 characters.

yea, but i don't see those guilds complaining and that's not the problem the OP is facing. Their enemy went full offence forcing a draw. That guilds have the ability to force a draw (at their own expense) isn't a great aspect of territory wars, but the sollution (reward points for succesfull defs) is worse imo. Guilds just have to realize they're setting themselfes up for 2nd place rewards if they go full offence and the problem will sort itself out.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

I'd say the very top guilds could set their top teams on defense and still clear the board. I mean top 5 or 10 guilds in the game. There's only so many teams you can set in each area.

yea, but i don't see those guilds complaining and that's not the problem the OP is facing. Their enemy went full offence forcing a draw. That guilds have the ability to force a draw (at their own expense) isn't a great aspect of territory wars, but the sollution (reward points for succesfull defs) is worse imo. Guilds just have to realize they're setting themselfes up for 2nd place rewards if they go full offence and the problem will sort itself out.

Except that based on some posts on here, some people don't care as long as they can prevent the other guild from winning. It's kind of like sniping somebody else's payout when it's far from yours. No benefit to you, but hey, as long as you can prevent the other guy from having something nice...
  • Options
    I’m tired of mods moving issues that have plagued this game since TW release and it’s thrown in the wood chipper of “who cares”.

We are almost 138 million guild. They were almost 140 million. No excuse for this. Well over 100 million
  • Options
    4 TWs we've had a guild 10M GP above us... not a whole lot of fun.
  • Options
    4 TWs we've had a guild 10M GP above us... not a whole lot of fun.

Yeah that stinks. No fun!
  • Options
    Currently experiencing an opposing team using the "tie strategy" for the first time and I have to say, it's pretty discouraging and feels dirty. This is our first one. We do our due-diligence in planning, mapping, etc, and to have an opponent who's sole purpose is to force a tie for a roll of the dice at the end is sad.

So for once, I agree, a tie-breaker needs to be implemented. Yes, it's a strategy per-se, but it's basically a "sweep the leg" or "throw sand in the eyes" strategy fundamentally. No good.
  • Options
    how about a player-created database-of-shame cataloguing and shaming the garbage guilds that play for ties?
  • Options
    Ties are garbage! And then both teams get the 2nd place package? Double garbage!
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Unable to create a new topic anywhere, so posting it here.

Please show the 0 commitments also rather than force me to check it with a pen and paper.

You give us some tools but then leave things half done.
  • Options
    CG - when are you going to fix ties? It shouldn't be that hard to give banners for a successful defense. This should be addressed early in the New Year!
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @leef I know of guilds that plan on caring about TW only every other one. Meaning, they will play to tie 50% of the time. That is kind of messed up for those who are playing to win.

They’re doing this due to efforts required, but such a limit/threshold will vary from guild to guild. Meaning some might do that 100% of the time just to save the effort.

A points for defense would fix such a situation
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

Except that based on some posts on here, some people don't care as long as they can prevent the other guild from winning. It's kind of like sniping somebody else's payout when it's far from yours. No benefit to you, but hey, as long as you can prevent the other guy from having something nice...

I prefer to believe they just lack strategy, haha. For sure it's not desirable that either guild can force a draw, no arguments there. I just haven't seen a sollution that (imo) will be an improvement to TW.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Ender22 wrote: »
    leef I know of guilds that plan on caring about TW only every other one. Meaning, they will play to tie 50% if the time. That is kind of messed up for those who are playing to win. They’re doing this due to efforts required, but such a limit will vary from guild to guild. Meaning some might do that all the time just to save the effort.

i really, really dislike the idea of points for defence.
  • Options
    leef I know of guilds that plan on caring about TW only every other one. Meaning, they will play to tie 50% if the time. That is kind of messed up for those who are playing to win. They’re doing this due to efforts required, but such a limit will vary from guild to guild. Meaning some might do that all the time just to save the effort.

I know. Not sure if there would be a better solution, but I really dislike the idea that an entire TW can be ruined just because one guild doesn’t want to put in the effort to play to win.

I mean, there are bound to be legitimate strategical ties. But, hearing that there are guilds who purposefully sandbag just to save the effort, causing both guilds to get lesser rewards, it’s kind of sad for TW.
  • Options
    What about highest GP set on defense wins the tie?
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    That’s the point. We spend hours trying to get a great defense and spend time trying to really make some changes and coordinate in Discord for defense and which area to attack...only to get a tie. So much time already goes into this game and investing that much time only for it not to matter because of a tie, is insane.

For higher guilds people will just throw in crap defenses and win on offense. Super easy. It ruins a game mode that has so much promise. Also am not sure why this wasn’t thought of before the release...makes zero sense!!!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I know. Not sure if there would be a better solution, but I really dislike the idea that an entire TW can be ruined just because one guild doesn’t want to put in the effort to play to win.

I mean, there are bound to be legitimate strategical ties. But, hearing that there are guilds who purposefully sandbag just to save the effort, causing both guilds to get lesser rewards, it’s kind of sad for TW.

I have no idea how big the problem actually is, but i suspect there aren't that many guilds purposefully go for the tie. Currently i'm under the impression that it's the lesser of two evils to just leave it as is.
    I'm more in favour of easier solutions that don't drastically change TW and how it's played. I'm not very creative, nor am i a game designer, so i can't come up with a better sollution unfortunately. Heck, even the guys who get paid for it can't seem to come up with a better sollution.
    While i think it's mostly futile to post possible sollutions in threads like this, if i had to come up with a tie breaker it would be: In case of a tie, the guild who deployed most GP on def takes 1st place rewards.
    It's not perfect, but it does promote strong def and allows guilds to save guard themselfes from guilds who're just in it to force a tie with minimal effort.
  • Options
    Either both get 1st rewards on a Tie or some significant way to decide a TB
  • Options

Can’t do that. People would for sure play to tie
  • Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    There should be higher rewards for win and some additional mechanism to prevent ties.
  • Options
    I have to say...I kind of enjoy forcing a tie. Especially when I see all this salt spilled on the forums about it. :D
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    I have to say...I kind of enjoy forcing a tie. Especially when I see all this salt spilled on the forums about it. :D

Here’s one of the original people that have no real SW game at all. Just run offense. Doesn’t have a good enough defense to make anything happen. What a joke!
  • Options
    eliza wrote: »
    how about a player-created database-of-shame cataloguing and shaming the garbage guilds that play for ties?

Look at the above guys comment! One for the Wall of Shame! Lol
  • Options
    eliza wrote: »

Look at the above guys comment! One for the Wall of Shame! Lol

I have to disagree with what you said in this thread. What was suggested by OP is simple forum drama at it's finest. Ties are not a problem, it's players attitude and mentality that is. My guild is after 5 TW, first draw and 4x W after that. We faced guilds going ultra defensive and also those that aimed at a tie, we won all of those matches, even against guilds with more GP (currently 120m+). The idea is to park a bus on defense and hope for the best while attacking. By that I literally mean PARK A BUS/TANK/AEROPLANE on D. Set a minimal gp for a team at 70-75k or more. I guarantee you it won't be easy to go through it.

Can’t do that. People would for sure play to tie

Agree, dumbest idea. You should encourage winning, not tieing.

I have no idea how big the problem actually is, but i suspect there aren't that many guilds purposefully go for the tie. Currently i'm under the impression that it's the lesser of two evils to just leave it as is.
    I'm more in favour of easier solutions that don't drastically change TW and how it's played. I'm not very creative, nor am i a game designer, so i can't come up with a better sollution unfortunately. Heck, even the guys who get paid for it can't seem to come up with a better sollution.
    While i think it's mostly futile to post possible sollutions in threads like this, if i had to come up with a tie breaker it would be: In case of a tie, the guild who deployed most GP on def takes 1st place rewards.
    It's not perfect, but it does promote strong def and allows guilds to save guard themselfes from guilds who're just in it to force a tie with minimal effort.

They can also set a global gp floor for each territory depending on TW bracket, example: minimal 60k a team for 100m+ guilds. That would end any **** with forced ties. @CG_Kozispoon get on it ;)