Do something about blue gear zombie /acolyte please

Prev13456
J_Starseed
325 posts Member
edited December 2017
I know that this mechanic (under a 3 or 4 star MT zeta lead) must have been unintended. It needs a hard counter.

This mechanic can auto any meta team with a f2p (No paywall) NS squad, consisting of zeta MT lead (two zetas on her help but aren't needed), Blue gear zombie, acolyte, Daka, and Asajj. 70k gp works fine. It gives any meta-esque team fits trying to figure out kill order. And they just auto every battle and win, except against a good troopers team (which isn't viable in arena)

A. 4 star zzMT with this team hung out in 4th all day, with inferior mods to most of our shard yesterday and almost never talked or if the top 10. Against all the meta and near meta teams.

This couldn't have been the intention. The mechanic must have been unforseen. Please resolve before this becomes the new go to hack to bypass all the really endgame teams we've been building for months.

Replies

• Options
    Use Aoes, or zVeers
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    People moan when the meta changes... People moan when it doesn't.

Seriously though surely it's a good thing that you have to think about who to kill first rather than the same old go for this toon then the other time and time again?
  • Options
    Nerf Chaze!
  • Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Use Aoes, or zVeers

Don't have. Just dropped 4 zetas on JRT and bb8!
  • Options
    Can beat it with decent rng and special kill order with titans (which they can just auto) it doesn't add up.
  • Options

Seriously though surely it's a good thing that you have to think about who to kill first rather than the same old go for this toon then the other time and time again?

People moan about unintended cheesy op mechanics yes. For a reason. I just got the supposed shiny new meta and dropped 4 zetas on them. And this cheesy mechanic trumps it hard.
  • Options
    Currently farming this NS team myself. Because it's an easy farm for a way, way OP, unintentional squad.
  • Options
    AoE, Veers, Baze, AoE
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    AoE, Veers, Baze, AoE

Tried it. Guess my veers, snow (troopers) isn't ready. Can still beat them with special turn order bringing titans back in with decent rng.
  • Options
    J_Starseed wrote: »

People moan about unintended cheesy op mechanics yes. For a reason. I just got the supposed shiny new meta and dropped 4 zetas on them. And this cheesy mechanic trumps it hard.

Shinny new meta?
  • Options
    There's no way this mechanic was intended with that squad.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    There's no way this mechanic was intended with that squad.

Think it was so people would change things up.

Talk about unitentional: zbarris. Glad that ish is dead.
  • Options
    You poor lads, do you actually remember the time when zMaul with un-reworked blue gear old Ben was a thing ?

You either run the same squad, or work around it (just so you know, boba ignores a taunt and kinda annihilate dem NightSisters, and there quite some toons able to land buff immunity ...)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I know that this mechanic (under a 3 or 4 star MT zeta lead) must have been unintended.

I am pretty sure, that it's quite intentional.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Use Aoes, or zVeers

Don't have. Just dropped 4 zetas on JRT and bb8!

Just be happy that you at least can counter Zarriss
  • Options
    Change ur team and adapt. Meta teams come and go, stop moaning and adapt
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Can beat it with decent rng and special kill order with titans (which they can just auto) it doesn't add up.

So, let me get this right:

You can beat them, but still you call them OP? Even if there are even better counters out there? For real?
  • Options
    Switch in a B2 and enjoy the mass dispel that includes buff immunity.
  • Options
    I agree that Zombie should not be stronger at lower gear levels than higher, but I don't have an issue with the strategy of Zombie and stealth. It's easily countered by any amount of dispel, buff immunity, or AOE.
  • Options
    People moaned about GK Zarris, they release Rey who’s a direct counter to Zarris, who wasn’t even a problem cause the majority ran CLS.

This NS team is plain silly. When you spend money and gear and zetas to build a squad, you should not have your A handed out on a platter by an inferior squad with BROKEN mechanics.

Most of the pro NS people either don’t know how to play in arena or take the cheap route to the top.

On my server we have a guy with a crappy team of NS who thinks his place is in top 10, well the shard has decided not to go down the cheap route, we beat him back constantly.

Don’t be that guy, you wanna sport a NS team, well come in with a real G12 NS team.
  • Options
    I just try to ride it out with R2's AOE in taking out zombie and acolyte. Takes almost the entire 5 minutes but works against weaker Nightsister squads lol.

I'm just happy there's only a handful of Nightsister's squads in my shard, and maybe only one guy with 7* Talzin that I avoid like the "plague". :D

jr73Y.gif

• Gawejn
    1122 posts Member
    Options
    Empire Thrawn can beat NS. And Empire can auto CLS teams.
  • Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Empire Thrawn can beat NS. And Empire can auto CLS teams.

This
  • Options
    GK Zarris CLS DN and Thrawn beat them easily too. If your team is modded well
  • Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    People moaned about GK Zarris, they release Rey who’s a direct counter to Zarris, who wasn’t even a problem cause the majority ran CLS.

This NS team is plain silly. When you spend money and gear and zetas to build a squad, you should not have your A handed out on a platter by an inferior squad with BROKEN mechanics.

Most of the pro NS people either don’t know how to play in arena or take the cheap route to the top.

On my server we have a guy with a **** team of NS who thinks his place is in top 10, well the shard has decided not to go down the cheap route, we beat him back constantly.

Don’t be that guy, you wanna sport a NS team, well come in with a real G12 NS team.
    “These cheap jerks can’t play rock so they just put together scissors? That’s garbage, paper takes real skill!”
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    They just need to make it so Zombie doesn't revive unless there is an unstealthed NS ally. Broken issue solved.
  • Options
    It would be ironic if the OP used that squad to beat the MT event. But no, I suppose he uses a full g12 NS team.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    disliked kenobi barriss and i dislike NS. Sucks to be me, but there isn't a change or nerf needed.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    See a NS... swap a B2 in for R2.

Otherwise business as usual
This discussion has been closed.