Do something about blue gear zombie /acolyte please

Replies

• Options
    J_Starseed wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Use Aoes, or zVeers

Don't have. Just dropped 4 zetas on JRT and bb8!

You dont have any AOE's? Kylo? Lando? IG-88... anyone who can AOE? Use B2, get rid of the buff; so many options.
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'd rather some variety in arena. You want squads to have weaknesses against other squads.

More like pokemon. Change your teams up a bit depending on the opposition
  • scuba
    14174 posts Member
    Options
    Narseph wrote: »
    You poor lads, do you actually remember the time when zMaul with un-reworked blue gear old Ben was a thing ?

You either run the same squad, or work around it (just so you know, boba ignores a taunt and kinda annihilate dem NightSisters, and there quite some toons able to land buff immunity ...)

No kidding....
    Zeta Maul sith was an abomination in its own right using 2 "cheesy" mechanics, dodge and insta kill, in a team many ran with 2 non maxed characters. Throw in the low gear old Ben and it was more of a cheese factor.

There are many counters to NS squad sorry for those that don't have it or can't figure it out.
  • Options
    All I got to say about NS is i'm looking forward to them becoming meta. It will be a breath of fresh air that we have very much needed since we have mostly had the titan and GKB teams on the top for a few months.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Can beat it with decent rng and special kill order with titans (which they can just auto) it doesn't add up.

So, let me get this right:

You can beat them, but still you call them OP? Even if there are even better counters out there? For real?

I'm not running titans anymore. Want to find a way to beat them with RTJ
  • Options
    Having advantage with an undergeared Zombie is probably not what the devs intended. This has to be addressed/reworked by principle, since it is the very reason why they changed Old Ben and Nute Gunray.
  • Options
    I'd rather some variety in arena. You want squads to have weaknesses against other squads.

I don't think the complaint is Nightsisters being good, I think it is that one of the characters is her best when low starred and no gear . They should have made he unlimited revives tie to her star or gear level, or be a zeta etc etc.

The shortcut is what is not intended imo
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Can beat it with decent rng and special kill order with titans (which they can just auto) it doesn't add up.

So, let me get this right:

You can beat them, but still you call them OP? Even if there are even better counters out there? For real?

So, you're calling them OP because you can't beat them with your preferred — even if you beat them with some other team? That's not exactly how I would define OP.
  • Options

And therein lies your problem. I run NS. I want to thank everyone who thought RJT is the new meta. NS steamroll RJT teams. But GK BarrissZ could be tricky. A solid CLS team with any healer could be tricky. RJT? I can actually press auto. Arena hasn’t been this easy since before CLS HanZ. If you want to run RJT, think outside the box if you’re going to fight NS. You require some kind of healer or all the NS will do is laugh as you die from plague.
  • Options
    Try plo koon lead, bye bye to her stealth >:)
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Use Aoes, or zVeers

Don't have. Just dropped 4 zetas on JRT and bb8!

Then who's problem is that? Just because you don't have a team to beat them doesn't mean there isn't one
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    What's the problem here?
    Using jtrey bb8 and r2 you should be able to lock acolyte out before they even go.
    Intel > mind tricks zombie > burn aoe > defiant slash an exposed toon or acolyte and call r2 to stun. 4th and 5th member Can swap in Poe to ability block, IPD to aoe target lock, keep the expose train going with RT or RP. Many many options.
  • Options
    It’s shocking how far people will go to defend everything in this game regardless of how ridiculous it is. There are top ten arena teams with level 2 nightsister zombies with green gear and people attribute it to the meta. Remove yourself from CG’s lap.
  • Options
    Reyjt, bb8, r2, gk and put b2 will solve your problem
  • Options
    I ve been running the boring CLS tripple zeta lead, thrawn, zolo, gk, r2z2 for months now all g12. Using NS now all g12 except talzin and zombie and its alot of fun. Put some aoe characters in your lineup and be smart and it s quite easy to beat NS.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

I don't think the complaint is Nightsisters being good, I think it is that one of the characters is her best when low starred and no gear . They should have made he unlimited revives tie to her star or gear level, or be a zeta etc etc.

The shortcut is what is not intended imo

Completely disagree with you saying zombie is better low gear and low stars. She is never taunting. If she is defeated she comes back with 0 turn meter. Which is only fine if it's just na and zombie otherwise everyone else gets wiped out. The na zombie trick is easy to get around. Also the main thing you want to beef up on zombie is speed to get her to taunt more. Her gear gives a lot of speed. Anyone who uses nightsisters learned early blue zombie dosent work for long.
  • scuba
    14174 posts Member
    Options
    Having advantage with an undergeared Zombie is probably not what the devs intended. This has to be addressed/reworked by principle, since it is the very reason why they changed Old Ben and Nute Gunray.

And it is comments like theses that show you Do not know what you are taking about.
    They reworked nute immediately because of his unintended consequences.

Old Ben was not reworked because of people using him low gear. He was reworked because dodge was dead and old Ben on a team was about useless before his rework.

All these people crying for a "fix" there is nothing to fix.
    Abilities unlocking has always been tied to gear levels
    Ability levels has always been tied to character levels.

The game has moved on almost a year ago to needed full stars for arena now it is moving on from one team beats everything.
    People crying for this fix are probably same ones crying daily for diversity in arena.
    Well guess what diversity in arena means the old meta can't beat everything on offense if it can why move on?
  • Options
    I spent 3 months building my nightsister team, and while you were putting zetas on RJT and BB8 I was putting them on my sisters. We all had the same amount of choices! You could have invested in sisters but you chose not the path of the dark side....
  • Options
    Saw a video of 3 man squad beating NS in 30 seconds. Veers Starck and Snowtrooper...
  • Options
    Saw a video of 3 man squad beating NS in 30 seconds. Veers Starck and Snowtrooper...

That was a gear 11 zombie I believe.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

That was a gear 11 zombie I believe.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QOCpmuMwac0
    Here. It's beyond cakewalk. I guess it would be same if zombie is G2 or G11 this team is just so good

Edit: Probably easier against G2 zombie since it feeds turnmetet to Snow.
  • Options
    @Anakin_Skywalker the point some of us are making, is a gear 4 character is better than the same character at gear 12 . Not that they are unbeatable.
  • Options
    @Anakin_Skywalker the point some of us are making, is a gear 4 character is better than the same character at gear 12 . Not that they are unbeatable.

True, but probably G2 is easier to handle than G11 with Veers team as I said
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    People are still complaining about this? The NS synergy is fun, I run a NS team most of the time, but there are many easy counters to them until you’ve got them maxed and all zetad. Even then, they’re very beatable with the right team.

There should be no “1 team wins everything” squad. Boring.
  • Options
    NS is quite simple to beat. I have a meta team and seek them out.

ZHan first move: stun Mother Talzin
    CLS second move: dispel zombie’s stun
    R2 third move: stun NS Acolyte
    Thrawn fourth move: Fracture Daka.

From then on your kill order is MT, Daka, Acolyte. With the focus on keeping MT and Acolyte stunned until they are dead. No AOE needed.

If RNG goes bad and the stuns don’t hit, sure it can get hairy without AOE, but that’s my choice. If I had Veers with Troopers it would be a joke. I could throw Wedge in there and use his AOE too.

The point is, the Zombie/Acolyte combo is a great addition to the game and offers people with lesser rosters the (small) chance of helping their guilds in bigger ways. I welcome it.

• Options
    People moan when the meta changes... People moan when it doesn't.

Seriously though surely it's a good thing that you have to think about who to kill first rather than the same old go for this toon then the other time and time again?

I don't complain about things like that, but it is not good game design when a team with crap mods and low gear level can defeat on auto fully developed G12 teams with good mods.

• Options
    A cls squad with baze and chirrut will defeat the zombie squad.

A rjt squad with b2 will beat this team.

Opposing NS will beat this team.

The zombi and alcolyte combo is designed to punish a very specific type of squad design--single target.

To me, the issue isn't the zombie and alcolyte combo, it's the one dimensional squad makeup of very common cls squads that simply can't get around this weakness. Kudos to players who figured out this dynamic and then employed the tactic to win.
  • Options
    I love seeing underpowered nightsister teams in top 50. Easiest win ever. I run rex, chaze, r2 and Kylo. They are my quickest team to kill.
  • scuba
    14174 posts Member
    Options
    srwhitewvu wrote: »
    I love seeing underpowered nightsister teams in top 50. Easiest win ever. I run rex, chaze, r2 and Kylo. They are my quickest team to kill.

Crazy how AoE can get around a stealthed character.
This discussion has been closed.