Help with Empire Teams

Replies

• Mr_Meeseeks1219
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    If you can, build up shoretrooper as your tank instead of stormtrooper. He is much harder to farm but he is probably the best Empire tank and can be used in more diverse empire lineups. He provides better anti-rebel synergy, with critical chance down on basic, and crit hit immunity and healing for the whole team. He pretaunts and can easily regain taunt when dispelled. He also ranks higher in health, protection and armor and doesn't require any zetas. His ship is awesome as well.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    If you can, build up shoretrooper as your tank instead of stormtrooper. He is much harder to farm but he is probably the best Empire tank and can be used in more diverse empire lineups. He provides better anti-rebel synergy, with critical chance down on basic, and crit hit immunity and healing for the whole team. He pretaunts and can easily regain taunt when dispelled. He also ranks higher in health, protection and armor and doesn't require any zetas. His ship is awesome as well.

If you could only have one, sure ShT is better. But both a really needed for top tier empire team. Besides, there a very few ppl been around long enough to farm shore but dont already have storm.
  • Gawejn
    1108 posts Member
    Options

Both tanks are great. Just difference in farming is huge, Shore 6 months comparing to Storm less than two months. Also Storm has huge defense, better than Shore and Storm is great in TB.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    I have zzthrawn,shore,zdt,krennic..would it be better to run stormtrooper or snowtrooper?I could also run tarkin,veers,zemp,zvader..having 2 tanks out there would play havoc tho...
  • Options
    The best overall empire squad is Thrawn DT Krennic shore & storm. Definitely storm
  • Options
    Why two tanks? Just to keep DT alive as long as possible?

Im working on my empire right now and can’t wait to start DT farming.
  • Options
    Omnixent wrote: »
    Why two tanks? Just to keep DT alive as long as possible?

Im working on my empire right now and can’t wait to start DT farming.

Dt doesnt die a lot its more to keep thrawn alive from my exp the AI has a tandency to go after DK and when DT is up he rarely dies. and omegad death trooper assault rezzes him so they mor just bullet sponges
  • Options
    Between Thrawn's leader bonus +max health, protecting regen & GAC special protection regen; DT's troopers health steal; Shore's multiple health regens, Crit Immunity for all, and trooper +max health; and Storms Def Up for all, +230% self defense and +30% def to troopers.... those two trading back and forth taunts is an enormous amount of hp/prot to chew through without annihilate.
  • Options
    ^this barring massive purge theres absolutly no reason you should not have at least one taunt up. Dt should never die barring CLS taunt ignore even then the rez makes him VERY difficult to keep him down. the 2 tank system makes life extremly hard for even the biggest burst teams.
  • Options
    Two tank is needed to survive to cls/rhan meta, his devastating attack can kill dk or thrawn in 2 good attack. I switch storm with gk cause against the new team with rey are better, but against the classic cls team storm is better
  • Options
    Tbh, I cannot farm Shoretrooper yet, as l'm still at stage 6-E and I'm going to turn to level 60 today so I think I'm just going to settle for storm as my tank. I'll try to work for DK and DT as soon as I get their battles done. For now I think l LL start working on Tie Fighter Pilot and GMT while waiting to activate EP, Stormtrooper and Thrawn
    MS
  • Gawejn
    1108 posts Member
    Options
    You need two tanks couse DK needs to do his Aoe, and only this can revive DT. Shoretrooper in first move of cls is without tm, taunt and with buff imunity. So Storm is needed. Also Storm without crit imunity can survive counters from CLS teams and dmg from Han. There is no tank in this game so defensive as Storm, even Shore is weaker than him. So one tank for Empire is not enough. Rebels are just insane with dmg.
  • Options
    Hi, just got Thrawn and was very pleased with his viability. He and Ezra work very well together, since until I get a full Empire team, Im running Hera L, Zeb, Kanan, Ezra and Thrawn. I'm a long way away from Shore and was thinking on Gearing RG and use a EP L, Vader, RG, Storm and Thrawn. EP's potency can boost RG, Vader and EP's Debuffs while RG and Storm taunt and Thrawn Fractures. Here's my team:

https://swgoh.gg/u/imperialgaming/
    MS
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Oh Dear lord DON'T waste your Zeta on stormtrooper.... I have every Empire zeta and by far stormtrooper is the most useless zeta of them all..... I run only empire in Arena and have for a very very long time..... anyone that tells you stormtroopers zeta is good.... doesn't have it. His damage has way to high of a variance and he will hit for next to nothing way more often than a massive hit. Yes I have used stormtrooper in arena and never have i had him crit for more than say my DK.
  • Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    Oh Dear lord DON'T waste your Zeta on stormtrooper.... I have every Empire zeta and by far stormtrooper is the most useless zeta of them all..... I run only empire in Arena and have for a very very long time..... anyone that tells you stormtroopers zeta is good.... doesn't have it. His damage has way to high of a variance and he will hit for next to nothing way more often than a massive hit. Yes I have used stormtrooper in arena and never have i had him crit for more than say my DK.

I m not going to waste any zetas on him at this point, but is he viable on an Empire team without a zeta? I'm thinking if boba is a better replacement of him.
    MS
  • Options
    Stormtrooper's an excellent tank in an all Empire squad (especially with a Thrawn lead). You don't needs to zeta him.
  • Options
    Taramel wrote: »

I m not going to waste any zetas on him at this point, but is he viable on an Empire team without a zeta? I'm thinking if boba is a better replacement of him.

He is a fantastic tank.... especially when paired with Shoretrooper.
  • Options
    Shore+Storm is what makes the Empire viable in Arena
  • Options
    I'm going to have problems then,as I am not able to get shoretrooper at my current level. I'll make a EP, Thrawn, Vader, boba, Stormtrooper team
    MS
  • Options
    I'm going to have problems then,as I am not able to get shoretrooper at my current level. I'll make a EP, Thrawn, Vader, boba, Stormtrooper team

Do you have RG? He can sub for Shore at low/mid level until you can unlock him. The buffs he and Storm give make a nice combo under Thrawn lead. Try Thrawn (l), RG, Storm and 2 DPS (DT/Krennic/TFP/EP).
  • Options
    And actually and stand alone tank will work there , but by being empire RG gains bonuses and helps storm troopers defense.
  • Options

Do you have RG? He can sub for Shore at low/mid level until you can unlock him. The buffs he and Storm give make a nice combo under Thrawn lead. Try Thrawn (l), RG, Storm and 2 DPS (DT/Krennic/TFP/EP).

Thx for the tips, i ll try it out. I'll use something like Thrawn (L), EP, TFP, Storm and RG. I'll try different teams according to the enemy (I'll replace TFP for Vader/Tarkin/Boba)
    Thx again
    MS
  • Options
    Gar Saxon lead, Imperial Super Commando, Krennic, Death Trooper, Shoretrooper

Not the best but a lot of fun and is sneaky good against the Rebel meta
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Sev112 wrote: »

Gar? ok for fun yes. Counter attacks are all fun. but at least you should use storm over isc. Irresistible expose & defense bonus from him is very good ISC & Gar shooting like 4~5 times in a row is hilarious tho
    Post edited by Anakin_Skywalker on
  • Options

Rebel meta came and went. JTR and night sister meta now.
  • Options

Gar? ok for fun yes. Counter attacks are all fun. but at least you should use storm over isc. Irresistible expose & defense bonus from him is very good

While I see where you're coming from, part of the reason why you carry ISC with Gar is that when someone shoots ISC, he double taps them, which causes Gar to also counter twice. If you mod ISC right, he can crit on his basic anywhere from 6-9k and he combines with Gar to do about 15-28k from ISC getting hit once.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Gar? ok for fun yes. Counter attacks are all fun. but at least you should use storm over isc. Irresistible expose & defense bonus from him is very good

While I see where you're coming from, part of the reason why you carry ISC with Gar is that when someone shoots ISC, he double taps them, which causes Gar to also counter twice. If you mod ISC right, he can crit on his basic anywhere from 6-9k and he combines with Gar to do about 15-28k from ISC getting hit once.
    Yeah that combo countering back to back is fun I forgot to mention it, but edited before your reply. anyways I don't see it giving a huge bonus in terms of the teams strength. it's just a fun factor
  • Options
    I don't even have Gar and ISC
    MS
  • Options
    I was wondering if Thrawn L, Starck, Rtorm, RG and Snow are viable in Arena
    MS
  • Options
    How about after this new update on Vader and Palpatine? I feel that EP (L), Vader, Thrawn, RG, Magma make a pretty solid team? Or should I swap Magma for Tarkin?