TW Matchups...

Prev1
Someone please explain to me in what world this is a fair matchup

https://swgoh.gg/g/33011/forsaken-ones/ 103M GP

https://swgoh.gg/g/2983/sly-tactics/ 85M GP, only have 47signed up so at 80M GP

There is no way with 22squads needed per section that they have that many people that didn't sign up to bring them down to 80M

Replies

• Options

There is no way with 22squads needed per section that they have that many people that didn't sign up to bring them down to 80M

Maybe not 80 but 89?
    It's 80-89.9 isn't it?
  • Options

Possible some players did not sign, but your problem is not the guild power, but the arna ranks, they have 3 arena 1rst and your best is arena 20, if they put those teams in the first 2 zones you have already lost with only 3 players playing. I know because thats the reason we always loose.
  • Options
    We're in a similar boat. We're at 89.9 gp, full registration. Matched with a 96.8 gp guild with 25 squads per territory. Not quite as bad, but still not a fair match up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Are you sure they didn't have less people sign up? You seem pretty confident about that.
  • Options
    Our guild is fully signed up at 119m, we facing a guild 127m~ in a higher bracket. Putting down 24/25 For defense. Seems little unbalanced
  • Options
    For us, the least they could have had was 1 person. 2 and then it would be 24 squads per territory.

For Ghostrider the other guild would have had 43-44 signup to get the 22 squads per cent of territory.
  • Options
    I have asked it in a different thread but no answer untill now so I copy it here.

I am curious if reward bracket has any influence on machmaking or not. Eg. if we have 50,5M active GP our match will be agains a guild also from the 50-60M reward bracket(even 59,9 M active GP), or we can get a guild from the 40-50M bracket but eg.: 49,5M active GP? The latter is more fair even if we can have slightly better reward at the end, but I do not know how the system choose for us.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Fürkész wrote: »
    I have asked it in a different thread but no answer untill now so I copy it here.

I am curious if reward bracket has any influence on machmaking or not. Eg. if we have 50,5M active GP our match will be agains a guild also from the 50-60M reward bracket(even 59,9 M active GP), or we can get a guild from the 40-50M bracket but eg.: 49,5M active GP? The latter is more fair even if we can have slightly better reward at the end, but I do not know how the system choose for us.

It's not necessarily the same bracket. We have an opponent in a lower bracket this time.
  • Options
    But what about matching guilds with similar registered gp? Are they saying that out of all the guilds registering that similar go consists of a 10 million point range?
  • Options
    We only have 47 and the squads are 22 per....there is no way they have less than 44 with the 22squads per and even with their lowest 44 they are over 15mil higher than us.
  • Options
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »

Possible some players did not sign, but your problem is not the guild power, but the arna ranks, they have 3 arena 1rst and your best is arena 20, if they put those teams in the first 2 zones you have already lost with only 3 players playing. I know because thats the reason we always loose.

This is always my guilds problem. Our highest arena rank is 35 and I'm second at ~130. When we face a guild with multiple 1st rank teams we can't even get past the first territory.
  • Options
    They have 19 of 21 CLS teams mostly G12 and 22 of 22 Phoenix Teams.....their GP is rediculously higher than ours, we are nowhere near that as a lot just unlocked CLS.....not even close to fair matchup.
  • Options
    From 7 Territory War 7 was unlucky for us, matching against stronger guild, from 7 we just won two (we will lose this one now for sure).
  • Options
    I don’t see the Forsaken Ones guild at 103m GP. I see them at 87m. Not sure where that 103m came from but it sounds like GP wise it’s not that far off.
  • Options
    when we checked the match up of the guild we were at war with, it had them at 117mill gp. we are only 97mill gp

when i cheked again this morning their GP had dropped to 102mill gp. I also noticed that 5 profiles were missing.

Guilds are now going to the trouble of minipulating swgoh.gg to Avoid being caught out for cheeting.

Devs are turning a blind eye to the apparent TW exploit. It is very dissapointing.
  • Options
    Yes they went from 103M GP to 87M GP overnight....how is that happening
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    22 slots = 43/44 players
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    GunsAtFour wrote: »
    when we checked the match up of the guild we were at war with, it had them at 117mill gp. we are only 97mill gp

when i cheked again this morning their GP had dropped to 102mill gp. I also noticed that 5 profiles were missing.

Guilds are now going to the trouble of minipulating swgoh.gg to Avoid being caught out for cheeting.

Devs are turning a blind eye to the apparent TW exploit. It is very dissapointing.

Say what? swgoh.gg isn't complete, it only has people who choose to register for it and there's no obligation to do so. There is no value whatsoever to "manipulating swgoh.gg." Maybe those people actually left that guild to move to other guilds during the 2 hours they had between guild events, ever think of that? Did you try looking the guild in up in the actual in-game guild search?
  • Options
    Sometimes it takes that site 24hrs, possibly more to update a guilds current roster. There is a disclaimer at the bottom that the site is not affiliated with EA, CG etc...

I would be all for calling people/guilds out for being a cheat or exploiting but in this case I just don’t see it.
    I mentioned this in another thread, I’m saying this coming from a guild that hasn’t won a single TW yet.
  • Options
    As far as I understand matchmaking is based on the cumulated power of participating members instead of GP total.
    If that’s true, your case is quite possible.
  • Options
    Correct. It is based on participating GP not the guilds total.
  • Options
    This is what we ended up with......we're facing 44 members with an average of 2M GP for 89M GP and we have 47 members with an average of 1.7M GP for 80M GP which has resulted in facing a guild that everyone already had CLS and most got Rey Jedi Training whereas we have 3 along with them having many many more zeta characters.....it's a huge difference and not a fair matchup at all.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    This is why it would be nice if CG made viable the number of players that signed up along with registered guild GP of opposing guild. Without that information it is all a guessing game, swgoh.gg can get you closer with the guess but it is not accurate.
  • Options
    Where do you see how many guys the guild your facing has signed up? @ghostrider1982. In game?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    JoeSolo wrote: »
    Where do you see how many guys the guild your facing has signed up? @ghostrider1982. In game?

You infer it from the number of teams in each territory. It's set to half the lower the number of participants between the two guilds. So if you have 50 people signed up but can only place 20 teams per territory, the other guild has 39 or 40 people signed up.
  • Silentwalker
    42 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    We're always getting dominated in TW, I'm trying to find our current opponent guild but it's showing up anywhere, including swgoh.gg and guild search, but so far from what I've seen every enemy in the first area is averaging around 90k+ where only 1 of our members has a 90k squad.

We've yet to take out 1 area and not even close to defeating all their squads and they're almost cleared out our whole territory in the first hour.

We have 33m GP and it wouldn't surprise me to see them have well over 70m+ GP with the crazy powerful squads they have...
  • Options
    Thanks @Liath. That makes sense but then how does he know their registered GP?
  • Options
    Their all in SWGOH.gg got their names via the territories and added it up
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    JoeSolo wrote: »
    Thanks @Liath. That makes sense but then how does he know their registered GP?

I don't know what he's basing that on. If you can find the guild in the guild search or swgoh.gg you can guess based on their average GP, but I don't think you can actually see their registered GP anywhere.
  • Options
    That’s what I thought. Thanks again @Liath!