Should there be a universal health increase across the board?

Aero
2972 posts Member
edited February 2016
This is something fairly common with games from various genres. There are cool abilities or weapons or whatever with interesting mechanics but they never get used due to low TTK (time to kill). I feel this is what's happening with Galaxy of Heroes. There's lots of interesting character mechanics but they never get put to use because they're dead before they can do anything.

Let's be real, it's not an uncommon sight for a character to die before getting a turn. That right there is something that so blatantly obvious in need of fixing. By giving characters more of an opportunity to take a few turns instead of none or one, there'd be a huge shake up in the meta. Speed and damage may still be king, but not the only viable options. I'd bet the new meta would be much more varied.

The downside to such a proposal is that battles would take longer, which I don't really see as a problem since I'm running out of things to do anyways, but I can see how others might. Besides Arena and Galactic War, everything pretty much gets sim'd or auto'd anyways.

Should there be a universal health increase across the board? 66 votes

Yes - Universal Health Increase
62%
HyperalloyMako482Darth_MangoSlevinBurgerPeanutEaywenhnewtonWillkimm98HendijuAnonymousLlamatjbearDaddyngo007YarzahnJuan123LazerriftHeisenEightysDarken26BubblechompAltoon33 41 votes
No - Keep it where it is
37%
JohnnySteelAlphacosmicturtle333AdamWAnraethZtyletjw_tjw14DarthNicoHangfireEllo_AstyEleiemAKK889TritiumPhippsDekayingsoulKingken85StarjumperJaquizz1616Luke6108VIIIPotatoMan 25 votes

Replies

• Options
    Yes, increase health, that way ST Han will be even more powerful!!
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm in favour of extra health in general, as well as making dots, delayed damage and aoe more powerful. It's thermal detonators time to shine. I'm quite bored with the full single target dps assist + speed meta. It's always about blowing up the enemy in 1 turn. Obviously this would mean a lot of tuning of current characters and abilities.
    Post edited by Yarzahn on
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    No - Keep it where it is
    Just make armor useful
    Giving more health to all toons, will only delay the problem, and make healers more powerful
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It is incredibly short-sighted to think that diversity issues would be solved with a flat increase in health. It's really disappointing when the vast majority of the people who voted in the poll cannot comprehend that a flat increase in health will introduce other potential problems like too much hp on high hp tanks(not the characters who have tank in description but only have ~10k hp), or a shift from high speed dps to characters with potent abilities that can affect entire teams. Diversity will not increase and characters that are tanky/have potent abilities will be the new meta

Diversity in arena will only be possible if the health increase comes with tweaks to current abilities and tweaks to hp of tanks with high hp
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Neither option is correct. Raising all characters health across the board means that really nothing changes because the health spread is still the same.

Most toons have arguably a proper health pool. So "YES" a universal health increase is NOT the rite answer.
    The flipside is that some players kits are not good enough to warrant their low health pool (i.e. Damage out in most cases) so answering NO keep it where it is is nit the rite answer

Sorry but you didnt give us enough options to properly answer your poll
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    In general damage is too high relative to speed. Whether it's across th board or targeted I do t know.

If you look at the L90 stats health increases relative to damage so this will naturally fix itself
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    In general damage is too high relative to speed. Whether it's across th board or targeted I do t know.

If you look at the L90 stats health increases relative to damage so this will naturally fix itself

If thats the case then everyone needs to take a deep breath and adapt till true endgame where we can see the toons "final form" and properly make informed judgements on weather any balancing is needed
  • AKK889
    159 posts Member
    Options
    No - Keep it where it is
    That is not the answer to the problem imo. It's the toons that are slower and don't hit as hard that need to get their Health or Defense increased to balance it out, not toons like GSs, FOTPs, Reys, etc.
  • Options
    No - Keep it where it is
    No need
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    You'll get a health boost in level caps. And I think they will outweigh damage boosts, jmo
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No - Keep it where it is
    I'm indifferent. I remember what it was like back when this game was released. There was a reason arena has a five minute timer, with daily forum requests to extend it. Humorous today, but I honestly don't miss it. In my opinion I prefer the faster pace, in and out approach.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Universal health is that you Obama?
  • Options
    No - Keep it where it is
    Health increase isn't the answer - the "balance" issue is with speed + damage. Across the board health increase would also increase the health of the high speed / damage toons as well, making them harder to kill, which makes them still better. If you wanted to reduce the OHKO and quick kill aspect of arena, you'd need to move all strong offensive skills to slow speeds. You can take damage from these teams even now though, you just need heroes with 15k+ health or close to it. I get past these RG teams at a 75% rate or so with an AOE heavy team...same way how I got around Poe. It's the same really.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    No - Keep it where it is
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    Universal health is that you Obama?

lol my sides hurt. Soon all Galaxy heroes will require health insurnce!
  • Options
    No - Keep it where it is
    Sounds like Obama to me and Obama sucks so ya know
  • Options
    No - Keep it where it is
    Please keep as-is. Health is a resource, and managing it is part of the fun. When I put together a squad, I know that some toons will need healers and others won't. I like that fielding IG-86 means I probably need Luminara, but that IG-88 is gaining back something like 15% of damage dealt when he attacks.

One the few occasions when one of my toons is killed in a single turn, I know it's time to build him up - more gear, more training, better abilities, or promotion. The drive to improve each character and make the most of them by fitting into the right squad is part of what makes this game fun and challenging. I feel like universal health would take some of this away.
    Contact me on Discord: Welsh Piper#4917
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Health increase isn't the answer - the "balance" issue is with speed + damage. Across the board health increase would also increase the health of the high speed / damage toons as well, making them harder to kill, which makes them still better. If you wanted to reduce the OHKO and quick kill aspect of arena, you'd need to move all strong offensive skills to slow speeds. You can take damage from these teams even now though, you just need heroes with 15k+ health or close to it. I get past these RG teams at a 75% rate or so with an AOE heavy team...same way how I got around Poe. It's the same really.

So make all high damage dealers like Darth Maul?