Territory War Leaderboard

I noticed today that the leaderboard for Territory Wars reset and I'm a little disappointed by that. My guild isn't a powerhouse - only about 70k GP - but TW's has really invigorated all of us. I know the rankings on the leaderboard don't matter in the grand scheme, but we're 6-0 and it was exciting to watch our rank slowly ascend after each war. I don't see a logical reason why the leaderboard for TW's would reset at all. It's very different from the raid leaderboard in that longevity is a huge factor in ranks. A lower GP guild that keeps winning could eventually earn its place near the top, and I think that's great.

It's a small gripe and it doesn't affect anything gameplay at all, but isn't the premise of starting in the thousands and trying to reach the top the exact same as the arena concept? It will take a while, but seeing your guild break the top 100 after months of teamwork and effort would certainly give me a sense of pride and accomplishment.

I know a top retort to this would be that all the top guilds just tie anyways so what's the point? The point is that there are plenty of guilds that don't tie, and won't tie for a long time. There are plenty of players that don't use Reddit or the Forums and measuring sticks like rankings are a fun achievement.

TL:DR Don't reset the TW leaderboard! Guilds improve, and reflective rankings of extended success encourage engagement.

Replies

• Options
    I liked to see how it changed too. I think a month is too short, but resetting occasionally shouldn't be a bad thing. Once every 3 months or something. We have ~100M GP and have yet to tie as well. 4-2 so far.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    It could be argued that resetting leaderboards also invigorates competition. I do see where you're coming from though, like some folks wanting all the effort to "count for something". At this point, it comes down to personal preference on long a competitive "season" should be. Currently, it's set at about 30 days (monthly reset). I'm gonna move this to Feedback to get the request in front of the devs. Thank you for your idea and perspective.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107