is Yoda worth devoting all my energy towards?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I have Yoda at 5* level 70, IX gear level and 4's on his abilities, and he is really good. I am glad I unlocked him and can't wait to level him up to 7* next time the event comes around.
    SodenBowl.com
  • Options
    Considering:

1) Lumi is a good character to have at 7*.
    2) JC and Barriss are essential to GW so having them at 7* is not a bad move.
    3) QGJ is awesome.

That means to me that since those are all characters I want to have anyway, that I only need to go out of my way to acquire a single Jedi to 7* to get Yoda to 7*.

In my case the price is the boring Eeth Koth, but an obvious choice to me.

Same for myself, and I suspect a lot of people. I skipped the event 1st time around to focus on GS (JC was at 4* and hadn't unlocked Barriss) this time around I'm aiming for 6* and barring horrendous luck on the Barriss node I should make it.
  • Options
    Note that I said Eeth Koth is boring. Not that he sucks.

I'm going to get Yoda to 6* for sure next event; with an outside shot at 7* if I can get some really good luck on JC shards.
  • Options
    Interesting to hear how people deal with AI yoda. He may not be the best on defence but he is very good on offence (speed, decent special damage, AoE and buffs team, foresight on basic)
  • Options
    For a F2P player, I would say the answer is no

Glad I didn't try and grind for yoda
  • Options
    I think he is. If you get him at 7* you'll have a full Jedi squad to compliment him with. I've been farming Jedi and at the end I'll have Lumi, QGJ, JC, Ahsoka, Anakin, Yoda at 7*
    I'll replace Ahsoka with Yoda, I'm also farming Barris. GW is already easy for me but with Barris it'll be a cake walk.
    Arena will be nice to have options subbing in Barris against high damaging teams like droid teams + Yodas foresight.

I'll be looking good after the next Yoda event comes (16 days)
  • DiscoSlice
    275 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    ok thanks for all the input. I've been farming Mace in Cantina (he's almost 5*) - I dont have Barriss at all yet. So, what's your advice on how I should proceed? I have:

7* Lumi
    5* Koth
    4* Mace (almost 5)
    4* JC (almost 5)
    4* QGJ
    2* Ashoka

So, I'd like to get Yoda at 6* next go-around. If I stop farming Mace and go for Barriss, I wont be able to make it. And QGJ is gonna take a bit longer to get to 6* - what do you guys advise going forward? I may only be able to get 5* Yoda next time.

Edit: I've already got 7* Sid - not sure else to get from Arena. Obviously I'll keep getting QGJ shards from cantina shipments cause he's so good. It's really: do I farm Mace or Barriss I guess...

• Options
    I'm only going for a 5* Yoda when the event returns in 15 days 21 hours. I don't want to completely neglect my roster. That way I can still focus on other toons and maintain Arena and GW.
  • Options
    Probably not for an arena standpoint. However, I only have a 5* version right now and I enjoy GW fights with him. Enough so that I'm not stopping my 7* jedi farm to get him to 7*. He's worth the effort to get at 5*. You'll have to use him yourself to decide if you want more from him than that.
  • TheVinegru
    366 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    And, are Mace and Koth pretty useless as I suspect?

"When I see an opponent using Mace and Eeth, I just hit the retreat button." - said no one ever.
  • Options
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    And, are Mace and Koth pretty useless as I suspect?

"When I see an opponent using Mace and Eeth, I just hit the retreat button." - said no one ever.

I think someone in Bizarro world may have said that once before he was shouted down.