20m Difference between Guilds matched in TW

Prev1
i think this is a record, there is a 20m GP difference between My guild and our opponents. This is by far ridiculous. We have fought guilds up to 10m Stronger but this is utterly unfair and needs fixing. And before anyone says its based on registered GP. its 50 in each guild registered. Has anyone else had similar issues?

Replies

  • If you both have 50m participating, what's the problem here?
  • Viserys wrote: »
    If you both have 50m participating, what's the problem here?

    Because a GP difference of 20m is massive advantage to the other guild. 5-10 fair enough nothing is going to be perfect but 20m GP, there is clearly a problem with the matchmaking in this mode
  • Matching is determined by the "participating" guild power, not how much the guild has total. So you "should" be fine in this one. Good luck.
  • Whazn
    246 posts Member
    It doesn't take total gp into account. Only the toons that have 6k+ gp. If they have everyone at level 53 g7 for TB gp most of those toons will not qualify for TW.
  • Zaraos wrote: »
    Viserys wrote: »
    If you both have 50m participating, what's the problem here?

    Because a GP difference of 20m is massive advantage to the other guild. 5-10 fair enough nothing is going to be perfect but 20m GP, there is clearly a problem with the matchmaking in this mode

    But it's not, because if you both have the same registered GP, they don't have 20m more power than you that they can use.
  • They are saying that both guilds have 100% participation and the differences between the guilds are 20 million GP. That is a problem. HOWEVER, how can you even know how many participants the other guild even has? As far as I know, there is no way to know that.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • They are saying that both guilds have 100% participation and the differences between the guilds are 20 million GP. That is a problem. HOWEVER, how can you even know how many participants the other guild even has? As far as I know, there is no way to know that.

    If the mismatch in registered GP is that high, yeah that'd be the matchmaking system struggling there.
  • Whazn wrote: »
    It doesn't take total gp into account. Only the toons that have 6k+ gp. If they have everyone at level 53 g7 for TB gp most of those toons will not qualify for TW.

    I don't know whether the matchmaking behaves that way, but the Active GP number respects your total GP and doesn't filter out the sub 6k toons.
  • They are saying that both guilds have 100% participation and the differences between the guilds are 20 million GP. That is a problem. HOWEVER, how can you even know how many participants the other guild even has? As far as I know, there is no way to know that.

    For each person not registered sectors lose a peaceable team for 50 members on each side you can place 25 teams on each sector. If they have 49 registered in one guild you can place 24 teams in each sector and so on. But yeah our sectors are 25 so everyone is registered
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Matching is determined by the "participating" guild power, not how much the guild has total. So you "should" be fine in this one. Good luck.

    That makes sense, i'm hoping thats the case. A fair-ish match is not much to ask for in a mode like this haha
  • leef
    10918 posts Member
    Zaraos wrote: »
    They are saying that both guilds have 100% participation and the differences between the guilds are 20 million GP. That is a problem. HOWEVER, how can you even know how many participants the other guild even has? As far as I know, there is no way to know that.

    For each person not registered sectors lose a peaceable team for 50 members on each side you can place 25 teams on each sector. If they have 49 registered in one guild you can place 24 teams in each sector and so on. But yeah our sectors are 25 so everyone is registered

    with 49 vs 50 you still have 25 slots.
    Hypothetically, even if a 3mil player of theirs didn't sign up you're still facing a 17m GP difference, wich i would consider a mismatch.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Zaraos wrote: »
    They are saying that both guilds have 100% participation and the differences between the guilds are 20 million GP. That is a problem. HOWEVER, how can you even know how many participants the other guild even has? As far as I know, there is no way to know that.

    For each person not registered sectors lose a peaceable team for 50 members on each side you can place 25 teams on each sector. If they have 49 registered in one guild you can place 24 teams in each sector and so on. But yeah our sectors are 25 so everyone is registered

    It's possible that the team setup is based on the larger of the two guilds, and not the smaller. In which case it could be 50 v 46 and you'd still be placing 25 teams.

    I don't have enough info to know whether the team values are based on the larger, smaller, or average count between the two guilds since the game doesn't readily expose that. Maybe some of the coordinators in the largest guilds would know the answer to this.
  • The system is broken, thats a fact. We also faced 17mil more than us, and 50 Vs 50 participants. So its a problem that CG have to look into.
  • leef
    10918 posts Member
    Viserys wrote: »
    Zaraos wrote: »
    They are saying that both guilds have 100% participation and the differences between the guilds are 20 million GP. That is a problem. HOWEVER, how can you even know how many participants the other guild even has? As far as I know, there is no way to know that.

    For each person not registered sectors lose a peaceable team for 50 members on each side you can place 25 teams on each sector. If they have 49 registered in one guild you can place 24 teams in each sector and so on. But yeah our sectors are 25 so everyone is registered

    It's possible that the team setup is based on the larger of the two guilds, and not the smaller. In which case it could be 50 v 46 and you'd still be placing 25 teams.

    I don't have enough info to know whether the team values are based on the larger, smaller, or average count between the two guilds since the game doesn't readily expose that. Maybe some of the coordinators in the largest guilds would know the answer to this.

    Nah, it's based on the smaller guild. 49/50 = 25, 47/48 = 24, 45/46 = 23.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Exactly. Numbers of teams in a single section can determine how many people participated from each side.
    Zaraos wrote: »
    They are saying that both guilds have 100% participation and the differences between the guilds are 20 million GP. That is a problem. HOWEVER, how can you even know how many participants the other guild even has? As far as I know, there is no way to know that.

    For each person not registered sectors lose a peaceable team for 50 members on each side you can place 25 teams on each sector. If they have 49 registered in one guild you can place 24 teams in each sector and so on. But yeah our sectors are 25 so everyone is registered

  • Dryff
    538 posts Member
    @Zaraos Did you win your last TW or last couple TWs?
  • TyloRen
    380 posts Moderator
    Are you sure they have all their members entered?

    Moving to TW section.
  • leef wrote: »
    Viserys wrote: »
    Zaraos wrote: »
    They are saying that both guilds have 100% participation and the differences between the guilds are 20 million GP. That is a problem. HOWEVER, how can you even know how many participants the other guild even has? As far as I know, there is no way to know that.

    For each person not registered sectors lose a peaceable team for 50 members on each side you can place 25 teams on each sector. If they have 49 registered in one guild you can place 24 teams in each sector and so on. But yeah our sectors are 25 so everyone is registered

    It's possible that the team setup is based on the larger of the two guilds, and not the smaller. In which case it could be 50 v 46 and you'd still be placing 25 teams.

    I don't have enough info to know whether the team values are based on the larger, smaller, or average count between the two guilds since the game doesn't readily expose that. Maybe some of the coordinators in the largest guilds would know the answer to this.

    Nah, it's based on the smaller guild. 49/50 = 25, 47/48 = 24, 45/46 = 23.

    Well , on this tw , we are 47 and got 22 teams by territory so ....
  • Dryff wrote: »
    @Zaraos Did you win your last TW or last couple TWs?

    Never lost a match mate
  • Liath
    2972 posts Member
    C3hyp77 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Viserys wrote: »
    Zaraos wrote: »
    They are saying that both guilds have 100% participation and the differences between the guilds are 20 million GP. That is a problem. HOWEVER, how can you even know how many participants the other guild even has? As far as I know, there is no way to know that.

    For each person not registered sectors lose a peaceable team for 50 members on each side you can place 25 teams on each sector. If they have 49 registered in one guild you can place 24 teams in each sector and so on. But yeah our sectors are 25 so everyone is registered

    It's possible that the team setup is based on the larger of the two guilds, and not the smaller. In which case it could be 50 v 46 and you'd still be placing 25 teams.

    I don't have enough info to know whether the team values are based on the larger, smaller, or average count between the two guilds since the game doesn't readily expose that. Maybe some of the coordinators in the largest guilds would know the answer to this.

    Nah, it's based on the smaller guild. 49/50 = 25, 47/48 = 24, 45/46 = 23.

    Well , on this tw , we are 47 and got 22 teams by territory so ....

    Exactly. The other guild has fewer members participating.
  • Same as us. 86M VS 106M (50vs46) ridiculous :/
  • Depend on how many teams in an individual section. 25 means 50 people both sides.
    They are saying that both guilds have 100% participation and the differences between the guilds are 20 million GP. That is a problem. HOWEVER, how can you even know how many participants the other guild even has? As far as I know, there is no way to know that.

  • This was posted in another thread, but bears repeating...
    CG_Kozispoon wrote: »
    The Active GP bracket only determines the rewards for the guild. This does not factor into matchmaking.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: DeathStarVentDesigners - DVD for short.
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Our guild just passed the 50M GP mark last week. The January 9th TW, we were matched up with a guild with an active GP 14M more than us. Today, we are matched up against a guild 22M more than us. Where is that fair? All of us are ready to leave.....
    Officer in Rancor Raiderzz
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Matching is determined by the "participating" guild power, not how much the guild has total. So you "should" be fine in this one. Good luck.

    This isn't actually true. I had this confirmed by the Devs. So god knows why they pair up the way they do. When we were a 40MIL guild, we were paired up against a 60MIL guild. Which is 50%!!! Joke
  • Liath
    2972 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Matching is determined by the "participating" guild power, not how much the guild has total. So you "should" be fine in this one. Good luck.

    This isn't actually true. I had this confirmed by the Devs. So god knows why they pair up the way they do. When we were a 40MIL guild, we were paired up against a 60MIL guild. Which is 50%!!! Joke

    Kozi said that the brackets don't factor into matchmaking, as in you will not necessarily be paired against someone in the same rewards bracket. That doesn't mean GP is irrelevant to matchmaking. If it were you'd see yourself paired against 120m gp guilds, and that isn't happening. If they had fewer participating members then their active GP wasn't necessarily 60m either.
  • Dryff
    538 posts Member
    Zaraos wrote: »
    Dryff wrote: »
    @Zaraos Did you win your last TW or last couple TWs?

    Never lost a match mate

    I would bet that this is it. In most games, the more you win, the more it stacks the odds against you until you lose.
  • Next TW our guild will set 1 toon in every territory and doesn't fight. So its easy to get one zeta and we have no trouble.
Sign In or Register to comment.