Are Phoenix worth spending Zetas on?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    There is no other faction that creates as much debate as Phoenix.

All very interesting, lots of food for thought. Thanks for participation all.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @SpadeFreeman I would rank them higher for TW. TW is not comparable to arena since we usually put our arena teams on defense. So our best toons are placed on defense and cannot be used on offense, and Phoenix over there are rough.

A full zeta'd Phoenix team acts a bit like Ewoks. A lot of synergy and TM gain through their global abilities. The weakest point of them is the lack of AoE imo that can decrease their efficiency against some teams and their lack of control. Gameplay is based on TM gains and HP recovery.

Fully zeta'd, they have 2 cleansers (Kanan and Hera), 2 dispellers (Ezra and Chopper), 3 hitters (Ezra, Seb and Sabine). There's also no full faction squad that hold for now in arena. All top 10 teams are hybrid with maybe an exception for some NS teams.
  • Options
    I'm gonna zeta Kanan if I can't get 7* Thrawn this time. I'm determined..
  • Options
    Mobewan wrote: »
    You'd be better off improving your own team.
    Crit damage mods for damage dealers
    High speed secondaries
    Effective attack order

I just saw your profile, and i think you should be running the titan team
    Cls, raid han, r2, gk, thrawn

Your thrawn needs a speed set and so does gk. Lead the charge with 225 speed from gk is killer. R2 could be faster....he should be faster than the opposing thrawn. Or thrawn is fastest and give r2 his first turn.
    Han and CLS speed are ok. But han should have the potency cross, not cls.

There is no reason to lose to other CLS squads on offense with that team

So I took your advice and moved some mods around.

My speed is now:

R2... 255 (was 250)
    CLS...247 (was 240)
    Thrawn 232 (was 180)
    Raid Han 210 (was 214)
    General Kenobi 200 (was 173)

• Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    @SpadeFreeman I would rank them higher for TW. TW is not comparable to arena since we usually put our arena teams on defense. So our best toons are placed on defense and cannot be used on offense, and Phoenix over there are rough.

A full zeta'd Phoenix team acts a bit like Ewoks. A lot of synergy and TM gain through their global abilities. The weakest point of them is the lack of AoE imo that can decrease their efficiency against some teams and their lack of control. Gameplay is based on TM gains and HP recovery.

Fully zeta'd, they have 2 cleansers (Kanan and Hera), 2 dispellers (Ezra and Chopper), 3 hitters (Ezra, Seb and Sabine). There's also no full faction squad that hold for now in arena. All top 10 teams are hybrid with maybe an exception for some NS teams.

I suppose it depends on what tactic you use for TW, but the rating is mostly based on the fact that they're not very helpful on half of TW (defence), and on offence they rarely find a team that is an equal matchup.

It is just my opinion, though, and I could see how someone else would value them much more highly in TW.
  • Options
    Lilpup wrote: »
    High speed secondaries
    Effective attack order

Your thrawn needs a speed set and so does gk. Lead the charge with 225 speed from gk is killer. R2 could be faster....he should be faster than the opposing thrawn. Or thrawn is fastest and give r2 his first turn.

My speed is now:

R2... 255 (was 250)
    CLS...247 (was 240)
    Thrawn 232 (was 180)
    Raid Han 210 (was 214)

@Lilpup How do you fare in arena now? That sounds like a good team with good mods
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

I suppose it depends on what tactic you use for TW, but the rating is mostly based on the fact that they're not very helpful on half of TW (defence), and on offence they rarely find a team that is an equal matchup.

It is just my opinion, though, and I could see how someone else would value them much more highly in TW.

In lower level tw they are pretty good as their protection recovery means it's hard to chip away at their protection by sending in waves of weaker teams.
  • Options
    Lilpup wrote: »
    High speed secondaries
    Effective attack order

My speed is now:

R2... 255 (was 250)
    CLS...247 (was 240)
    Thrawn 232 (was 180)
    Raid Han 210 (was 214)

@Lilpup How do you fare in arena now? That sounds like a good team with good mods

I'm sitting #11 right now. My payout isn't for about 10 more hours so we'll see where I finish.

• Options
    I'm in a November '15 shard with members of some big name Guilds always vying at the top. Last night I pop on and check the leaders to find this...

b0q8Qat.png

• Options
    The zetas make them far better.
    Just not really for some PVP arena shards.
    Raids? Yes.
    TB? Yes.
    Against nightsisters? Yes.
    But gear is also vital.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/jijackcana/collection/?f=phoenix

• Options
    I zeta’d Kanan, Zeb and Sabine for a TW defensive team and regret it deeply. I’ve made a post on how terrible sabine’s AI is, as she prioritizes Darksaber Strike over a zeta’d Demolish.

With cooldown reduction from Chopper, I’ve seen Sabine use Darksaber Strike 3x in a row. Utterly useless.

@CG_Kozispoon thought I’d bug you about this again.
  • Options
    Zeta’d Kanan months ago, and never regretted it for a second. Helps TW and LSTB immensely.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Phoenix at least at our level (35m active gp) in TW are one of the better defensive teams. You must use a good squad to beat them or they will eat many equal or lesser power teams because they have awesome self healing. They arent quite as good as a full R1 rebel team on D, but they are close.

Also generally my effectiveness with them went way up when I made Chopper really fast. If he and Kanan start their taunt ping-pong they are hard to beat. Its easy to get Chop fast enough to go first.
  • Options
    Zeta Phoenix are awesome provided you are controlling the fight. AI does not do them justice.
  • Options
    I think phoenix zetas are pretty decent. They are good when going on the offense in arena but on defence not really. Overall they are tanky but ultimately just dragging out a losing battle that's all. zZeb does some serious dmg though. If I have zetas to spare, I will prob prioritize zeb and kanan's zeta over the other phoenix toons.