Mod differences

Whats the difference between buying a fresh MK V- E mod and MK V- A mod like except the price cos don't they do the same thing in the end?

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    higher grade mods have their stats go up multiple times when enhanced
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    If you start with secondaries already on the mod, those secondaries bump up as you level it. If you start with no secondaries you wind up with the same number in the end, but since you are getting a new one each time instead of any of them bumping, you can't get them as high.

For example, a grey mod can't get more than 5 speed as a secondary. A mod that starts out gold with 5 speed can theoretically wind up with 29 speed.
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    1% wins
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    If you start with secondaries already on the mod, those secondaries bump up as you level it. If you start with no secondaries you wind up with the same number in the end, but since you are getting a new one each time instead of any of them bumping, you can't get them as high.

For example, a grey mod can't get more than 5 speed as a secondary. A mod that starts out gold with 5 speed can theoretically wind up with 29 speed.

I am 99% certain that I have brought up grey mods to 11 speed and higher secondaries . Are you sure about this? I am 99% certain I did one yesterday

No grey mod will get above 6 speed secondary, that must of been green or better to begin with
  • Options
    @PiffGuru is there a source or guide you can direct me too? This is really confusing because I have decent speed mods and I almost exclusively use grey mods
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It will gain a speed secondary at level 3 or 6, then it upgrades at 9 and 12
    @PiffGuru
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

I am 99% certain that I have brought up grey mods to 11 speed and higher secondaries . Are you sure about this? I am 99% certain I did one yesterday

Yes, I am 100% sure.
  • Options
    I would say read through this thread here cause me and a few other people explained it to someone else

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/151678/why-the-mod-caps/p1
  • Options
    Thanks for the help
  • PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    But in general, quickly explained(as quick as I can). At 4 levels(3,6,9,12) the mod will either add a secondary or upgrade a current secondary. so if its a grey mod and has no secondaries then at each of those 4 levels it will add a new secondary and you cant get more than 5-6 speed in 1 shot. if it is a green mod meaning it has 1 secondary already than 3 of those levels will add a secondary and 1 of them will get an upgrade so if it started with 6 speed and got 1 upgrade of 5 it would end up with 11 speed which is most likely what you had there.

np
  • Options
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    But in general, quickly explained(as quick as I can). At 4 levels(3,6,9,12) the mod will either add a secondary or upgrade a current secondary. so if its a grey mod and has no secondaries then at each of those 4 levels it will add a new secondary and you cant get more than 5-6 speed in 1 shot. if it is a green mod meaning it has 1 secondary already than 3 of those levels will add a secondary and 1 of them will get an upgrade so if it started with 6 speed and got 1 upgrade of 5 it would end up with 11 speed which is most likely what you had there.

np

Thanks. But how do I tell which of my mods are grey and which are not because they are all gold now?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Kirth wrote: »

np

Thanks. But how do I tell which of my mods are grey and which are not because they are all gold now?

You can't tell after you upgraded them, but it also doesn't matter after you upgraded them. This information is intended to help you figure out which mods to spend credits on in the first place.
  • Options

np

Well at that point when they are gold already it is kinda a moot point cause they already are what they are u cant change them but a keen eye can tell from what the secondary stat numbers are. Like how I explained with the speed secondary stat, if it is has more than 6 speed then it was definitely not a grey mod, if it has more than 11 speed it was definitely a blue mod or better and so on.
  • Options

np

Well at that point when they are gold already it is kinda a moot point cause they already are what they are u cant change them but a keen eye can tell from what the secondary stat numbers are. Like how I explained with the speed secondary stat, if it is has more than 6 speed then it was definitely not a grey mod, if it has more than 11 speed it was definitely a blue mod or better and so on.

Ah right thanks. So basically sell and grey ones and look carefully at other colours to see it its worth it
  • Options
    It's sad to me that speed is like 75% off the game it seems
  • Options

np

Ah right thanks. So basically sell and grey ones and look carefully at other colours to see it its worth it

Pretty much except for the mods with desirable primary stats like speed primary arrows or critical damage and critical chance primary triangles n such. Those are worth it as grey as well.
  • Ferret2112
    195 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Arrows with speed primary and triangles with crit damage primary are sometimes still worth keeping but for all the rest, most experienced players sell anything grey.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

np

Generally, yes. One exception to that is speed primary arrows, which are worth keeping if they're grey. And depending on what you need/how many you have, you might sometimes wind up upgrading crit damage primary triangles and potency primary crosses because they aren't that easy to come by. The left side mods are more common, so you can pretty much just toss them if they don't start out with good secondaries.
  • Options

np

Pretty much except for the mods with desirable primary stats like speed primary arrows or critical damage and critical chance primary triangles n such. Those are worth it as grey as well.

I guess I better start gearing up those Jawas and Res teams then. Thanks
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

np

I guess I better start gearing up those Jawas and Res teams then. Thanks

You may well want to, but just to be sure it's clear... the primary stat is independent of the set. You need jawas and res for crit damage and speed SETS, but you can get those as primaries with any set.
  • Options
    I think you are confusing set bonus and primary attributes. ANY set arrow that has speed primary is worth keeping.