How huge is the difference between 6*/7* Thrawn.

Prev13
Anakin_Skywalker
1801 posts Member
edited January 2018
Artist of war is back and I'm afraid I'm not well prepared for 7* challenge. It's doable, but my PS needs quite a few works to be done. However I can get him to 6* easily.

https://swgoh.gg/u/lukeamidala

This is my roster. In one week I will unlock 5* GK, and I'm also collecting omega and purples that can be spent for Han's zeta(zeta mats are ready, Han at 6* G10) or Phoenix squad.
So I'm wondering if I should invest all my omega and purples to PS to get 7* Thrawn no matter what, or should I just be satisfied with 6* Thrawn this time around and give Han his zeta asap. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Thank you

Replies

• Options
    You won't even get 5* with that. Need to be g8 for 5/6* and a few at g9 for 7*
  • Options
    I'd say 7* Thrawn first priority as its on a time limit, you can work on Han afterwards
  • Options
    I know, I can gear them upto g8 in time
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options

It depends on your mods. I swapped mods from Resistance and other teams for the event, and did 7* with all g8 and no Ezra. I imagine that 6* could be done with less as I did it before switching mods and it still seemed simple at g8. I would always recommend at least g7 so you get base protection.

Moving to Thrawn Event sub.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn can be useful in raids. Is that a consideration to you. I know I recommended a modified tiepatine as a phase 3 to you before. Does that leave you tank raid happy?

Thrawn can't really help you in raids if he is not 7 star.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Just a hint, you can filter your roster to the desired team and then provide a link to make it easier for others to look at them.

https://swgoh.gg/u/lukeamidala/collection/?f=phoenix
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    It’s a huge difference.. Raid or or no Raid. But aside from that, you’d lose g12 without 7*. He’d still be really valuable, but wouldn’t be top notch without 7*
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    Thrawn can be useful in raids. Is that a consideration to you. I know I recommended a modified tiepatine as a phase 3 to you before. Does that leave you tank raid happy?

Thrawn can't really help you in raids if he is not 7 star.
    Thanks I would love to see some progress in raid with thrawn. I'm currently doing next to nothing in haat just as always. I was busy with keeping up with my shard sadly. with cls, i do solo full hpit now though. I will take haat into consideration. thank you.
  • Options
    Ender22 wrote: »
    It’s a huge difference.. Raid or or no Raid. But aside from that, you’d lose g12 without 7*. He’d still be really valuable, but wouldn’t be top notch without 7*

Ok in that case i should delay zeta on han and focus on PS thanks
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Oooo zeta on Han... I would make your choice though.. Thrawn won’t come back for another 4 months.. but you’ll probably be able to get another zeta MUCh sooner than that
  • Options

Oooo zeta on Han... I would make your choice though.. Thrawn won’t come back for another 4 months.. but you’ll probably be able to get another zeta MUCh sooner than that

Right. Hope I can get 7* thrawn with everything i got
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options

Oh man.. you have a lot of work to do.. not sure you want to zeta anybody unless you can get them G8 lvl 85
  • Options

Oh man.. you have a lot of work to do.. not sure you want to zeta anybody unless you can get them G8 lvl 85

Hmm ok.. i was thinking g8 lvl 80 but i guess thrawn is a tough guy... but if it's unlikely that I'll make it, I'll just zeta Han and happily wait for the next event :)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/F5qbfaHcx2w

First video I've seen with gear viii success with minimal omegas.
  • Options
    5* should be easy. But be prepared for 6*, a full gear VIII squad may still take a few attempts. 7* is also doable with full ungraded omega on uniques, but it will be very challenging. You will need specific strategy with exceptional RNG to make it. I m sure there are strategies here, be patience and you will get it.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thanks @Naraic That video gives me some.... hope. ;) and Thank you too for encouraging words @FieldL
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks @Naraic That video gives me some.... hope. ;) and Thank you too for encouraging words @FieldL

I'll be doing it with minimal omegas as well but I will probably have gear ix on my team by the end of the event. Possibly gear x on some.
  • Options
    @Naraic I just got my Hera to 7*. So Hera, Ezra, Chopper are 7* now. 95/100 for Kanan, and Zeb is at 72/85 and I have some excess GW currency so I'll be able to 7* him just 1 day or so before the event goes away.
  • Options
    I'm a little further than you @Anakin_Skywalker but will be cutting it close too. I've got everyone g8 but need next credit heist to get everyone leveled. I should have all uniques with omega by the end of the weekend and most abilities up to 6 or 7 and then next week will be all about RNG. I'll try to stash gear if needed but really don't want to spend anymore carbanties or stun guns if I can avoid.
  • RefugeAssassin
    123 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The biggest problem with him especially for you guys getting the team to 7* with only a day or 2 left in the event is that unless you have some god tier mods this event is hard, extremely RNG dependent. Some people have been able to do it easily with gear 7 level 80, others have struggled at gear 9/10 level 85. I was able to do it with G9 Ezra and g8 everyone else but it took me many attempts and my mods were decent but nothing earth shattering.

GL!

*EDITED TO ADD*

For those of you running this you will see various strategies out there and some may work better than others but the one thing I did that showed an immediate impact was saving either Chopper (preferably) or Kanan's taunt for after he fractures someone. If you have them geared with enough health and protection their taunt should keep them alive until the fracture wears off on your other toon. I see most people putting Hera's Backup plan on the person who gets fractured, but I found that when i did it that way I could only use it once per fight and that was it. This way I have it ready in case one of my non tank toons gets low on health. It worked wonders for me.
  • Options
    The biggest problem with him especially for you guys getting the team to 7* with only a day or 2 left in the event is that unless you have some god tier mods this event is hard, extremely RNG dependent. Some people have been able to do it easily with gear 7 level 80, others have struggled at gear 9/10 level 85. I was able to do it with G9 Ezra and g8 everyone else but it took me many attempts and my mods were decent but nothing earth shattering.

GL!

*EDITED TO ADD*

For those of you running this you will see various strategies out there and some may work better than others but the one thing I did that showed an immediate impact was saving either Chopper (preferably) or Kanan's taunt for after he fractures someone. If you have them geared with enough health and protection their taunt should keep them alive until the fracture wears off on your other toon. I see most people putting Hera's Backup plan on the person who gets fractured, but I found that when i did it that way I could only use it once per fight and that was it. This way I have it ready in case one of my non tank toons gets low on health. It worked wonders for me.

Thanks! May the Force be with me ~
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Currently: All 7* Except Zeb at 6* 2/100, i will finish farming him 6 days later.(Jan/24)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Currently: All 7* Except Zeb at 6* 2/100, i will finish farming him 6 days later.(Jan/24)

Leaves you a bit short of time to pray to rngesus. Perhaps the sacrifice of a goat may be appropriate.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »

Leaves you a bit short of time to pray to rngesus. Perhaps the sacrifice of a goat may be appropriate.

I will finish farming at 6AM on 24th at best and the event is likely to last till 5pm on 24th. So I got.. 11hrs XD
  • Options
    Good luck, this event was by far the hardest in my opinion. I haven’t touched my Phoenix sqaud since completing Thrawn and looking back I needed G10 Ezra, G9 Chopper and G8 Zeb, Kanan & Hera all abilities 7+ and I had a lot of trouble, ran it hundreds of times before RNG was kind.

Swgoh.gg/u/steadyhigh - if anyone wants to see how I had them modded
  • Options

It's only 2 months . Last thrawn event was the last week of November .
  • Options
    Thrawn 7* can be very useful to unlock R2 7*
  • Options

FYI I just unlocked him without putting any single mods.. Your saltiness was invalid
  • Options
    maccajnr67 wrote: »
    Thrawn 7* can be very useful to unlock R2 7*

I already have R2 7* but thanks
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    Tier 6 was a cakewalk, Tier 7 was annoying and frustrating. I finally got him at 7* G12 but was not fun and it does not feel like a success. I am glad I don not have to play this event again.