Hermit Yoda is too expensive and that's scary!

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    cadwane wrote: »
    People saying it's wasteful to spend tokens on gear and i should exclusive farm yoda for over 4000 tokens for just 15 shards, are simply insane

It's wasteful IF you want HY. If you want gear, it's wasteful to spend on HY shards.

This game is about choices. If you want one thing but you're spending on another, then yes it's wasteful. Doesn't matter what that thing is.

Context is a difficult thing for some...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Hermit Yoda and or wampa aren't crazy hard farms. You can get either of them quicker than GK or raid Jan for most people.

I got my arena team to gear 12, then hermit Yoda unlock and now wampa is 55/145. It's really not that bad

The reason they're hard is not so much the amount of time it takes to get them, but the resources you'll have to "sacrifice" to get them. Obviously it also takes quite a while to farm both.
    Raid han and kenobi might take longer, but you can farm them simultaniously and you're not using any resources you could have used elsewhere.
    i would definately trade my han and kenobi for wampa and hermit if i could.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    i'm still not convinced we're gonna need hermit for luke. I'm going all in on wampa (40 shards short currently). Bought some salvages to get to g12 quickly after the release and some krennic shards, other than that everything went to wampa. Gonna start hermit once i'm done. It's slow, but they're both pretty solid toons.

I don't understand how we wouldn't need him. Yoda was literally the most important character in Luke's heroes journey

i'm not really a fan, but as far as i know he didn't battle along side of hermit.

Ah, but the toon Kermit isn’t a battler much but rather a support. You could say he is fighting from a distance since he disappears when everyone else is gone (Jedi support from a distance)
  • Options
    i'm still not convinced we're gonna need hermit for luke. I'm going all in on wampa (40 shards short currently). Bought some salvages to get to g12 quickly after the release and some krennic shards, other than that everything went to wampa. Gonna start hermit once i'm done. It's slow, but they're both pretty solid toons.

I don't understand how we wouldn't need him. Yoda was literally the most important character in Luke's heroes journey

i'm not really a fan, but as far as i know he didn't battle along side of hermit.

Yeah but he trained Luke. There's no Jedi Luke without hermit yoda
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i'm not willing to rule him out as a requirement either, but i'm just not convinced he'll be a requirement.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    The logic behind having HY for Luke is great and all until you realize there's no way to panic farm him. They will never, and I mean NEVER require a character that can't be panic farmed for money because it'll result in less profit. Plain and simple.

Imagine this: They release info that Jedi Luke is dropping in two weeks from right now. It requires 5 7* characters and one of them is Hermit Yoda. You have 2 characters maxed, 2 of them are 4* or 5* and low gear and your HY is too far from being able to be completed in time. Are you going to panic farm the characters you don't have ready knowing that you'll be unable to actually get Luke regardless of how much you spend?

Your average person will answer "no" to that question, and that's less money for them. So they won't do it.
  • Options
    DRV wrote: »
    CLS was fully FTP if you were a long term player.

JTR was FTP if you finished near the top of both arenas and spent your crystals on Vet shards when the rumors came out. That means you gave up all other farms. But still FTP for a number of people.

You don't see a shift??? :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Putnam wrote: »
    If they do add Jedi Luke, then you have months of time. Start farming hermit yoda now

Well first I got some good g12 gears to farm for my arena team

Issue is...the meta changes and so will the charactets u want gear XII. Sacrifice now or potentially miss out later.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm 29 shards away from HYoda 7*. It's PROBABLE that after this Dark Side TB I'll have him there, then I'm moving onto Wampa.

Emperor
    Vader
    CLS
    ROLO
    CHS
    R2D2
    Raid Han
    Lando
    Wampa
    Hermit Yoda
    Wedge
    Biggs

Any and probably ALL of these characters at 7 stars could be used for the Jedi Luke event. Just because Wampa isn't an ally doesn't mean you wouldn't need him. CLS was hard to get, and you needed all toons at 7 star. Jedi Luke will DEFINITELY be harder to get and probably won't follow the same exact formula.

That's what I would bet, and that's not counting possibly C3PO and "real" Chewbacca being added to the game. If they are get them to 7* too. If you don't have these characters at 7* by the time the eventual Jedi Luke event gets announced you only can blame yourself.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    I have him, love him

He is awesome! I only have him 5* but zeta and G11 and remaim in top 50 of my shard he is good cant wait till hed 7* do i csn do heroic with him!
  • Options
    DRV wrote: »
    CLS was fully FTP if you were a long term player. JTR was FTP if you finished near the top of both arenas and spent your crystals on Vet shards when the rumors came out. That means you gave up all other farms. But still FTP for a number of people.

I don't think it's reasonable for a 100% FTP to ask for a legendary character, 1st time around, without having to give up on another aspect of the game. Either hoard your free stuff and sacrifice, or don't expect to get the best stuff first time around. Otherwise there would be no benefit for whales.

That is true, you can get those characters if you're willing to sacrifice if you're not willing to sacrifice I don't see why you would feel entitled to getting anything, even p2w sacrifice with currency, hermit, Rolo, and han are very farmable to 7* way before JL gets released. I think the real problem is they have to make a decision on whether they want hermit or Wampa, gear 12+ will have to wait either way, and it's understandable that you want that stuff to stay at a top spot in the arena but you only go for that top spot for the rewards, you just have to choose what we Wars do you want do you want Arena rewards or do you want JL shards as your reward
  • Options
    Has anyone considered that for certain tiers you will only need yoda, rolo, wampa at 5* and others that can be paid for or panic farmed a 7* and you F2P players need to take it easy the fact that you can't purchase it or Panic farm it keeps things at an even level between p2p and f2p with regards of who has those toons you guys just don't tend to see that because nobody's giving you everything at one time,, and likewise f2p players so what you can't have instant gratification on this one just be glad you don't have to pay for anything this time around
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    wrekincruw wrote: »
    Has anyone considered that for certain tiers you will only need yoda, rolo, wampa at 5* and others that can be paid for or panic farmed a 7*

Some people thought that the Vets would only be required at 5* for JTRey. They were wrong.
  • Options
    I have a growing suspicion that, if Jedi Luke is actually planned for release, there will be an as-yet-unreleased LS character required to unlock him. Which character that will be is unknown, but it will probably require Wampa and other DS characters to unlock. Shard packs will be made available in the store for said character, contingent on the unlock achievement. Hermie and Wampa packs in some combination may also be made available for the highly motivated.
    After a few weeks to allow for pack sales, enter Jedi Luke HJ which will require Hermie, ROLO, Cholo, NewLS, etc.
    So I suspect that is how we will need both Wampa and Hermie to complete Luke's HJ.Pay-to-Play characters are not new to the SWGOH model; Chromium and Aurodium exclusives should be proof of this.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    wrekincruw wrote: »
    Has anyone considered that for certain tiers you will only need yoda, rolo, wampa at 5* and others that can be paid for or panic farmed a 7*

Some people thought that the Vets would only be required at 5* for JTRey. They were wrong.

That is true, but the needed toons were in packs, double drops and such, and most had r2/bb8 and they brought back the event first
  • Options
    The logic behind having HY for Luke is great and all until you realize there's no way to panic farm him. They will never, and I mean NEVER require a character that can't be panic farmed for money because it'll result in less profit. Plain and simple.

Imagine this: They release info that Jedi Luke is dropping in two weeks from right now. It requires 5 7* characters and one of them is Hermit Yoda. You have 2 characters maxed, 2 of them are 4* or 5* and low gear and your HY is too far from being able to be completed in time. Are you going to panic farm the characters you don't have ready knowing that you'll be unable to actually get Luke regardless of how much you spend?

Your average person will answer "no" to that question, and that's less money for them. So they won't do it.

There's definately a way to panic farm hermit assuming they release packs for him once they announce him as a requirement. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer guild wars currency for sale at some point
  • Options

There's definately a way to panic farm hermit assuming they release packs for him once they announce him as a requirement. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer guild wars currency for sale at some point

You missed the part where no other currency is purchasable besides credits (and arguably training droids.) There is no way to "panic farm" him in a way that monetarily benefits them. They consistently follow precedents and, again, they can't make money so he won't be a requirement.