How do we unlock him ?
  • Options
    Is he good ?

Is he farmable within a year?

Maybe , if lucky.
  • Options
    He is probably a beast, we (f2p players) will never know
  • Options
    He won't be an issue for a long time. I imagine only the top 1% or less will have him this week.
  • Options
    He hasn't appeared in my Shard Shop yet. Maybe he appears when it refreshes. I don't have many shard credits though.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Options
    MufasaBigD wrote: »
    He hasn't appeared in my Shard Shop yet. Maybe he appears when it refreshes. I don't have many shard credits though.

That's the ticket. This happened the last time they added someone to a shop. Even after the game updated, you have to wait for the shop to refresh.

Shards are traded in at 10 to one. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    He won't be an issue for a long time. I imagine only the top 1% or less will have him this week.

How can someone get him in a week?
    I mustve missed it ... Bcs 2 shards per day (if lucky enough he is there ... ) takes minimum 150 days.

Maybe he is always there AND the refresh is resettable???
  • Options
    puppyCasey wrote: »
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »

How can someone get him in a week?
    I mustve missed it ... Bcs 2 shards per day (if lucky enough he is there ... ) takes minimum 150 days.

Maybe he is always there AND the refresh is resettable???

You can get about 45 shards a day for him (or something close to that) assuming you have the shards, which I do not
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    TheVem001 wrote: »
    Ya, very

How do you even know that? Is throwing a random taunt and helping the AI focus fire on a charachter you dont want dead really that great of a thing? His low health outside of droid teams is going to be a liability. Personally, I'm holding judgment until I go up against him, but doesn't seem worth breaking the bank for, and with the shard price, no thanks
  • Options
    Assuming he does prove worth it, who hypothetically should I drop in my Droid team for him?
    I'm F2P so it's going to be quite a while before this is an issue, but since my team isn't quite finished anyway it would be nice to plan now.

I'll most likely keep using 5* Daka and near 7* IG86.
    The rest is 6* Poggle, 5* HK-47, and I'm currently using a 6* Savage while I farm up my IG88 from 4*.

Since he's so far behind I could abandon 88, and not have to run both Glassbots.
    Or I could drop Poggle and go Full Metal Smack-it.
    Or if Grevious' boost is best, it would leave out HK-47 as my leader, although he's got so many other beni's.

Thoughts? Sorry for rambling.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    His speed and HP pool are atrocious. Doubt he'll make the cut in kraken teams, especially considering the cost
  • Options
    Assuming he does prove worth it, who hypothetically should I drop in my Droid team for him?
    I'm F2P so it's going to be quite a while before this is an issue, but since my team isn't quite finished anyway it would be nice to plan now.

I'll most likely keep using 5* Daka and near 7* IG86.
    The rest is 6* Poggle, 5* HK-47, and I'm currently using a 6* Savage while I farm up my IG88 from 4*.

Since he's so far behind I could abandon 88, and not have to run both Glassbots.
    Or I could drop Poggle and go Full Metal Smack-it.
    Or if Grevious' boost is best, it would leave out HK-47 as my leader, although he's got so many other beni's.

Thoughts? Sorry for rambling.

From what I hear, it's a 15:1 ratio. So if you clear GW every day and spend it getting extra shards, it'll take you almost exactly a year to 7* him
  • Options
    So technically

U need 330 excess shards converted to shard shop currency.
  • Options
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    So technically

U need 330 excess shards converted to shard shop currency.

3300*
  • Options
    I have 10 shards of him, maybe another 10 in a few weeks.
  • Options
    He seems like he will be good. I could have sworn they said he was going to be more accessible than other shard shop toons. He costs 225 shard tokens/shard, everyone else is 150/shard
  • Options
    See my shard's shop... http://i.imgur.com/Mr928hH.png

But btw as I'm a f2p players I'll never have him, I really like this game (playing since the beginning) but I have to recognize that at a certain time the game takes too long if you to be good, but patience it's probably the key :smile:
  • Options
    I'm bummed that he is classified as a droid, and then they feel they have to explain that he hates being called a droid but who cares its a hologram. To me, he should have been Separatist/Attacker. Why not have that tag on him? They missed a great opportunity to develop that sort of team.

If you want droid synergy, which I get, why not add a line to his unique that lets him be seen as a droid by your units.

I just dont think there is a good reason to explicitly ignore the character's backstory in this manner. Slow characters who canonically should be speedier is less egregious to me. At least they didn't feel they had to explain that away in their character description.
  • Options
    One shard gives 15 blue token so to buy the thing with 30 grievious shard we need 450 shard.

Ratio = 1/15 wow
  • Options
    Well I don't see him being impossible forever, ala QGJ, but I'll probably just go about my business as before.

Agree on the lack of synergies, there are way too few viable teams because of it.
    Star Wars Force Collection, for all of its faults, knows this, i.e. Sidious is Dark, Sith, Separatist, Naboo and Senator Palpatine is Light, Politician, Republic, Naboo and Emperor Palpatine is Dark, Sith, Empire, Politician, Naboo or something to that effect.
  • Options
    Well I don't see him being impossible forever, ala QGJ, but I'll probably just go about my business as before.

Agree on the lack of synergies, there are way too few viable teams because of it.
    Star Wars Force Collection, for all of its faults, knows this, i.e. Sidious is Dark, Sith, Separatist, Naboo and Senator Palpatine is Light, Politician, Republic, Naboo and Emperor Palpatine is Dark, Sith, Empire, Politician, Naboo or something to that effect.

@THE_DANOSAUR Your definition of impossible amuses me. I started farming QGJ when he was announced, 1/26, and almost a month later i have him at 5 stars, and most days I only invested in 1 refresh. Conversely, if I invest my daily Cantina battle gems into Grievous (3 shard packs = 15 convertible shards = 1 GG shard), I would have 30 GG shards. It will take me almost 3 months to get him unlocked at 4 stars.

• Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The most important thing is that is not a good character for PvP, he have a speed of 97 and a health of 9931, although he gain 9% for each living droid ally, if you have 3 droids + Poggle, it is +27%, so it is 12.612 health. Her basic damage is high, 3815, only 5 characters have a better basic damage, and if you divide the basic damage by the speed, Grievous have a ratio of 39,33, only the Resistance Pilot have a better ratio, but her speed is the 6th worst, all characters will attack before, and he don't have advantages as Ventress, as dispel effects or kill off the rest of low-health characters, or he don't gain turn meter or offense and critical chance up when a character die, so I think Asajj Ventress is better than Grievous, for example, and a lot of characters are better than Asajj in the PvP.

Her unique ability of force a random ally to taunt for 1 turn can be counterproductive, because a droid team is better without Luminara, without curation abilities, if the taunt is HK-47 or Poggle it can be useful, but if the taunt is IG-88 or IG-86 can be counterproductive, so I think the droid teams are better with Poe Dameron or Geonosian Soldier.

Also is very hard to get it, so if you have credits of shards store, is better invest it to buy Darth Vader shards, for example, that also are shards hard to get, because are only available with the achievements, the rest of shards are easy to get. For example, 2 shards of Darth Vader cost 300 credits, it is a ratio 1:10, so everyday you can get 3 shards of Darth Vader, only 1 month to get 6 stars and 2 months to get 7 stars, and Darth Vader is a character with a lot of health, 17.488, good tenacity (44%), good armor (193), good resistance (135) and a good abilities, so I thinks is better invest in Darth Vader shards.
  • Options
    While we're nitpicking, Qui Gon wasn't announced 1/27, he was switched from a data pack exclusive to a cantina character, something one could see happening to Big G.

Yeah, I posted in this thread before I had seen his bio, its definitely disappointing.
    Speed may not always be the alpha and omega it is today though,but still.
  • Options
    Quim wrote: »
    Also is very hard to get it, so if you have credits of shards store, is better invest it to buy Darth Vader shards, for example, that also are shards hard to get, because are only available with the achievements, the rest of shards are easy to get. For example, 2 shards of Darth Vader cost 300 credits, it is a ratio 1:10, so everyday you can get 3 shards of Darth Vader, only 1 month to get 6 stars and 2 months to get 7 stars, and Darth Vader is a character with a lot of health, 17.488, good tenacity (44%), good armor (193), good resistance (135) and a good abilities, so I thinks is better invest in Darth Vader shards.

I agree about focusing on Vader's shard but... if only they were available everyday...
    When the Shard Shop first came out a few weeks ago I was turned off by the 10/1 exchange rate and decided I'd keep focusing on getting some of my toons to 7 stars. Having achieved that about 5 days ago I have now been exchanging my shards for sc in the hopes of trading for Vader shards but the Dark Lord hasn't showed up in the shop since so I'm waiting, sitting 1,515 sc atm...
    I'd also be happy to get some tough farm shards like Rey or FOTP, I both have them at 5* but, they haven't showed up either... At this rate I'll be able to unlock GG sooner then getting Vader's stars...
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, it thought that would appear shard in a better frequency, but it is looks like the normal shipments, so now I'm changing 20 shards of characters that I have 7 stars to get 2 shards of a character that I need, because in the Arena and Galactic War shipments I have all the characters that I want, I'm farming Eeth Koth and Resistance Pilot but are not a priority, so if appears 2 shards of Rey or Royal Guard,, for example, I will exchange 20 normal shards by 2 shards. Also I'm farming FOTP, that with Rey and RG are the priority in the shards shop.

Get Grievous is for fun, or a reward for the P2P players who wasted a lot of money, but not very useful in the Arena, I prefer get 2 shards of Rey, RG or FOTP when appears.
  • Options
    Quim wrote: »
    Yes, it thought that would appear shard in a better frequency, but it is looks like the normal shipments, so now I'm changing 20 shards of characters that I have 7 stars to get 2 shards of a character that I need, because in the Arena and Galactic War shipments I have all the characters that I want, I'm farming Eeth Koth and Resistance Pilot but are not a priority, so if appears 2 shards of Rey or Royal Guard,, for example, I will exchange 20 normal shards by 2 shards. Also I'm farming FOTP, that with Rey and RG are the priority in the shards shop.

Get Grievous is for fun, or a reward for the P2P players who wasted a lot of money, but not very useful in the Arena, I prefer get 2 shards of Rey, RG or FOTP when appears.

I've been wanting to star Vader for a long time so that will be my first priority but as you say, I will be grabbing any Rey or FOTP shards that come my way until they are both 7 stars.
    Indeed I will eventually get GG for the fun of it, I like the character, but based on what I read here he isn't as good as I thought he would be. Having said that, I have never seen him in action on my server.

• Sathen
    31 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty excited about Grievous. I have a droid army which was guided by my love of HK-47 from SWTOR. Since i started playing this game i focused only on my droids, so i had three 7* droids and 1 extra 7* when Grevious hit the scene. The great thing is, If you already have droids you can farm galactic wars for ib-86 , the pvp zone has ig-88 and hk47, and then of course you can farm even more ib-86 from the cantina. If you went for Grevious when he first came out (like i did) then EA even helped you out with a surprise droid event which gave you an extra 5 - 6 shards a day (or 32 if you got lucky enough to get a full character, i got one). Even though i still don't have grevious yet, (i'm at 45/80 shards after about a month and a half of farming) he's definitely a farmable character if you really want him.
  • Options
    The only reason for me to claim him is his attack animation. But after I check it on YouTube.
    NAH FORGET IT.
  • DarthVideon
    7 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I value General Grevious in my crew. I'm (mostly) f2p but I spent a lot of time investing on shards for characters I already had to trade in for the crystals to unlock his shards. It's an uneven exchange and it costs tons more than other characters. When I first got Grevious I was disappointed. He starts out at 4 stars and I didn't see the advantage. When I started investing leveling him up I found that he was a real killer for his ranking. Both his single and multi-attacks take larger hits off the enemy than other characters at the same power level. With only 4 stars, even maxed up he can't keep up with my 7 star characters, but for early rounds in the Galactic War he can take a lot out fast and keep me from wearing down shields on characters I'll need later. And if you can get him to 7 stars and max out his other abilities, you would surely be an attractive ally for top players that would be a real asset to borrow from (not that I have many of opportunities for that with all my levels maxed out, but I'm sure more will be added later).

It also takes less shards to get him to 5 stars than it does to get him. Still, investing in him takes a lot which you could be using to level up a number of characters faster. I tend to trade off, focusing on characters I need to meet a specific goal, and then going back to get him a few more shards. Whether the investment is worth it is something you have to decide.