Silencer, unmasked kyno, first order and the meta

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I have a g12 7 Star KRU just for the silencer.

I run him instead of reaper and kill the enemy before any Ultimate can be used every time. Never fall out of top 10
  • Options
    FO is really hurting from the Palp/Vader rework. I’m on a November shard where most are in the 80-85 range at the moment. Empire teams are now dominant because no one has JTR or CLS, and Empire under Palp zeta murders Nightsisters. FO is built on speed. The added speed from KRUs lead plus turn meter bumps from several FO characters. With all the debuffs Empire is bringing, that speed means you are feeding turn meter to Palp and crew each time a debuff expires. The bonuses from KRUs zeta don’t seem capable of offsetting this. I expect the same is true in more mature shards. I’ve run KRU lead since Ingot lucky with a pack before level 50. He is a great toon, but I don’t see FO being arena viable unless they get a rework. I’m transitioning to a Palp squad. They are taking over shards like mine where no one has JTR or CLS yet.
  • Options
    Vader will always get Force Crush off, particularly with Empire teams running shoretrooper and his starting taunt. Once Vader lands Force Crush, he gets automatic second turn from Palp lead, culls and gives every ally 100 percent turn meter. So Palp will get off his AOE stun, Shoretrooper will use his taunt, crit immunity and heavy defense. And Thrawn will Shatter someone. Impossible to counter that for FO right now.
  • Options
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    FO is really hurting from the Palp/Vader rework. I’m on a November shard where most are in the 80-85 range at the moment. Empire teams are now dominant because no one has JTR or CLS, and Empire under Palp zeta murders Nightsisters. FO is built on speed. The added speed from KRUs lead plus turn meter bumps from several FO characters. With all the debuffs Empire is bringing, that speed means you are feeding turn meter to Palp and crew each time a debuff expires. The bonuses from KRUs zeta don’t seem capable of offsetting this. I expect the same is true in more mature shards. I’ve run KRU lead since Ingot lucky with a pack before level 50. He is a great toon, but I don’t see FO being arena viable unless they get a rework. I’m transitioning to a Palp squad. They are taking over shards like mine where no one has JTR or CLS yet.

I actually tried my undergeared FO team in my arena today (just for fun, changed back to my CLS squad later) and beat a gear 12 Vader squad (Vader, Palp, Shore, Thrawn and someone else I don't remember). I don't recon I would have won that fight in def but on off they did very well.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @SoonerJBD Spot on. I've run a Thrawn team for a lot of time before switching to KRU and FOs because of their gameplay which is fun. They can be good against CLS, but are terrible against Palp and Rey. The stuns on Rey teams are cleansed almost immediatly, they have a lot of TM, and KRU's lead ability is not enough to face them. The heal immunity of Rey also nullify the leader ability of KRU. I'm now back to Palpatine. I hope I could use FOE and still gearing FOSFTP just in case too. FOTP is really too squishy (at least at gr 11).
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The three stuns and 3 double taps (4 double taps with FOO) are a pretty solid open. It just get's dicey after that.

KRU stuns and taunts. Zylo stun's (hopefully) FOTP double taps then FOSPTP calls FOTP for another doubletap and stuns a 3rd person if they are till alive. FOO can also (rng) depening give Zylo TM and if his cooldowns reset could stun a 4th or just give FOST that third double tap..... now with all the crit hits on that open FOTP should be at Full TM for yet a 4th double tap....if you have the speed one char on the other team no matter how strong should be dead and on char has 2 turn stun..

Works if you have the speed.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'll just leave this right here....

This is on auto against a high level EP team. It is actually one of our easier matchups. My team can auto CLS and Empire pretty easily. NS I usually have to manually do because sometimes my team just gets stuck attacking zombie over and over when they don't have to, but the fight is very easy done manually. JTR is always challenging but I probably have around a 90% win rate.
  • Options
    Your videos and anecdotes are pointless. I’ve been in the top 10 of my shard since about level 30. Your examples are not against squads that have top level mods. FO will never out-speed Palp-led Vader. Palp
    AOE stun and Shoretrooper crit immunity are unavoidable. FOTP will be lucky to get a turn, and even if he does, he won’t be able to deal any real damage because of crit immunity. You will end up stun locked in virtually every match.
  • Options
    Your videos and anecdotes are pointless. I’ve been in the top 10 of my shard since about level 30. Your examples are not against squads that have top level mods. FO will never out-speed Palp-led Vader. Palp
    AOE stun and Shoretrooper crit immunity are unavoidable. FOTP will be lucky to get a turn, and even if he does, he won’t be able to deal any real damage because of crit immunity. You will end up stun locked in virtually every match.

Exactly what I thought. The best Vader(s) in my shard have 234 and 250 basic speed. So, with Vader's unique, it's around 274-290. No way FOO and FOST engage first. DV puts his debuffs, feeding his TM so he can use Culling Blade and so on, Palp stuns ...
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

Exactly what I thought. The best Vader(s) in my shard have 234 and 250 basic speed. So, with Vader's unique, it's around 274-290. No way FOO and FOST engage first. DV puts his debuffs, feeding his TM so he can use Culling Blade and so on, Palp stuns ...

My FOO has 304 speed after krum's leader. So on your shard I still go first.
  • Options
    Uncle wrote: »

Ha...I mean, if you have +130 speed from mods on multiple characters, you can probably win with ANY team...in the video above, that's either a slow Vader, or Legendary God Tier mods to make FOST go before Vader. :D

• Options
    Dryff wrote: »

Ha...I mean, if you have +130 speed from mods on multiple characters, you can probably win with ANY team...in the video above, that's either a slow Vader, or Legendary God Tier mods to make FOST go before Vader. :D

Lol I understand he just made it seem like it was impossible to get FOO to go before Vader
  • SoonerJBD
    460 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

FOO has lower speed with all bonuses applied than Vader in an all Empire/Sith squad. All mods being equal, Vader will go first. If you have enough bonus speed from your mods to offset that difference, you’d still be better off running your own Palp/Vader and going first. The claim that Palp/Vader is one of the “easier” fights for FO is nonsense. Offensively, I’m sure you can still win more often than not because bad AI is bad. But you still need decent RNG. You can run your moves perfectly and still lose. A properly run Palp/Vader squad will win virtually every time against you on offense. This is why FO is not more popular in the meta. They are horrid on defense.

I love FO, btw. They are useful in raids and fun to use in arena. They match up better than ZPalp against certain squads, like some Rex leads. But they stink on defense and don’t match up particularly well against Palp squads.