NS Team - Gear Zombie or Not?

Prev1
So the dominant school of thought is to leave Zombie at a low star level and gear level so she dies and boost Vetriss dps.

BUT with her Omega wouldn’t it be better to gear her up so you increase the chance of her taunt being up more throughout the encounter in arena?

Replies

• snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I’ve got her at level her to 80, gear 8, with speed mods(+106) and waiting to omega her abilities starting with her unique. I’m happy with that for now.

My plan is to 7* her and maybe not upgrade anything else until I’m closer to end game.

Ideally, I want her to die when the enemy tries to debuff her taunt because, boosting Serve Again and Rampage is better than having her standing around without taunt. Most debuffs hit like a wet noodle.

If you’re wanting to use her lower gear strategy, imo, go to gear 7(for speed boost), omega her abilities, keep her level 80, and give her the fastest mods you have, as a baseline. Then, tweak her to your specific needs.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Her fully geared strategy works on the idea that when she doesn’t die while being debuffed, she will be faster (because she’s not starting her speed from scratch) and thus she will recover her taunt after a debuff more quickly.

Both are sound strategies as far as I’m concerned but, I like Ventress most so I let her die. :D
  • Options
    I prefer g1 zombie lvl 80 with omega unique. One hit, then she died. I like to exploit ventress potential to the madness level :lol:
  • Options
    snarzenal wrote: »
    I’ve got her at level her to 80, gear 8, with speed mods(+106) and waiting to omega her abilities starting with her unique. I’m happy with that for now.

My plan is to 7* her and maybe not upgrade anything else until I’m closer to end game.

Ideally, I want her to die when the enemy tries to debuff her taunt because, boosting Serve Again and Rampage is better than having her standing around without taunt. Most debuffs hit like a wet noodle.

If you’re wanting to use her lower gear strategy, imo, go to gear 7(for speed boost), omega her abilities, keep her level 80, and give her the fastest mods you have, as a baseline. Then, tweak her to your specific needs.

Yup that’s what I thought also, cheers

• Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    I prefer g1 zombie lvl 80 with omega unique. One hit, then she died. I like to exploit ventress potential to the madness level :lol:

Lol, gear 1 zombie would be madness! :D

She gets a speed boost on gear levels 2 and 7 so that’s why I suggested gear level 7. Zombie needs to be fast to be truly effective.
  • Options
    are we saying that Ventriss can stack up indefinitely? or does it reset after she attacks?
  • Options
    are we saying that Ventriss can stack up indefinitely? or does it reset after she attacks?

ITs indefinite for the encounter I believe
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I have her green gear, and her unique omegad, I think I'm going to leave it. Since I'm planning on zeta-ing asajj and daka sooner than later.

Why is everyone getting her gear 7 again? Speed boost?

At green gear she has 88 speed, I'm guessing at gear 7 she gets the 120 speed?
  • Options
    Just get her to 6000 Pwer for TW
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options
    Indefinitely
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The addition of aoe to the common resistance team may harm the cheese zombie approach as the resistance team will be able to dispel taunt from a low gear zombie while damaging the rest of the nightsisters team.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    The addition of aoe to the common resistance team may harm the cheese zombie approach as the resistance team will be able to dispel taunt from a low gear zombie while damaging the rest of the nightsisters team.

True, imagine nightsisters with counter, oh wait... kenobi
  • Options
    So the dominant school of thought is to leave Zombie at a low star level and gear level so she dies and boost Vetriss dps.

BUT with her Omega wouldn’t it be better to gear her up so you increase the chance of her taunt being up more throughout the encounter in arena?

If you gear her she can be fractured or get buff immunity so you want her undergeared for defense.
  • fmf
    38 posts Member
    Options
    @CountPookoo I think you'll hear proponents of both the geared and ungeared zombie approaches. Both are valid. And neither is the "wrong" choice.

imo where it sounds like you are right now, I would stick with ungeared, since it is not absolutely *required* for you to gear her (like it is with other toons), you can focus your attention on maxing gear on the other 4.

Once the rest of your team is strong, I think making the switch to strong zombie is wise. You don't see a lot of paper zombies in the top tiers of arena. (They exist! But anecdotally the people who report having the toughest time with NS at top arena ranks are talking about teams with a maxed Zombie.)
  • fmf
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Random9 wrote: »
    If you gear her she can be fractured or get buff immunity so you want her undergeared for defense.

But then ... your opponent will avoid her until they can fracture a more appealing target, like Talzin ...

imo getting a human opponent with Thrawn to fracture zombie is exactly what you want. Keeps fracture off your other, more valuable toons.
  • fmf
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Disclosure: I have a g12 zombie (and I do not regret it at all).
  • Nuriela
    147 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    fmf wrote: »

I have mine GL11 it works much better. If you are feeding Asajj there are way faster ways to do it, like letting anyone but acolyte and Asajj die, then hit the person with the highest hp, you'll get stacks based on your attacks not if they decide to attack your zombie.
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

G1 you cannot unlock unique it need to be g2
  • Options
    Somewhat off topic but with the low gear zombie is acolyte the best 5th toon along side talzin daka and ventress?
  • Mosus12
    124 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Somewhat off topic but with the low gear zombie is acolyte the best 5th toon along side talzin daka and ventress?

Why not? The mechanic is the same. If it comes down to only those two constantly alive, it doesn't matter, if zombie is killed instantly or staying alive
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Either way, a good set of Troopers demolish both weak and strong Zombies squads alike.

I prefer weak myself as the Troopers gain TM faster and use AoE's to demolish the non-taunters.

Strong Zombie with GK prolongs the battle a little longer but the result invariably ends the same unless RNG just doesn't want to be friendly.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    My own opinion is low gear zombie at lower levels and gear xii zombie after the rest of your team is gear xii.
  • Options
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Either way, a good set of Troopers demolish both weak and strong Zombies squads alike.

I prefer weak myself as the Troopers gain TM faster and use AoE's to demolish the non-taunters.

Strong Zombie with GK prolongs the battle a little longer but the result invariably ends the same unless RNG just doesn't want to be friendly.

Hence why low gear zombie is better. High gear zombie won't prevent people from beating your team ; the same people that can beat a low gear zombie can beat a high gear zombie. So it is a waste of gear.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »

Of course, but that was not the question :wink:
    For the general question: i prefer a middle geared zombie...he stays alive in the beginning and after the tm works, he feeds asajj a lot. With a bit more health, he would be two hit and feet MT, too. So you have a lot of "extra turns".

For the question with acolyte I want to add, that especially with low geared zombie, acolyte works better. With high geared, you could also use talia as she can dispel his debuffs too and makes hin faster, so he taunts more often
  • Options

No, she isn’t.

• Options
    I have him at g8 and the rest at g12 with 100+ speed sets on all of them. Seems to do the trick as people avoid me.
  • Mosus12
    124 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Flamethrow wrote: »
    I have him at g8 and the rest at g12 with 100+ speed sets on all of them. Seems to do the trick as people avoid me.

Same with me (G9), never fall more than 20 places in 24h, although I've only 75-90 + speed on them until now
  • Options
    Just reading this topic says how Imba this team is, In a farm and resoruece game talk about not even gear a arena character haha
  • Options
    jursllla wrote: »
    Just reading this topic says how Imba this team is, In a farm and resoruece game talk about not even gear a arena character haha

Or we talk the first time about thinking and tactics instead of simply gearing a character w\ checking out mechanics and possibilities ;)
  • Options
    fmf wrote: »

When fully geared how does she hold up in battle compared to other tanks? Gearing her makes sense b/c sure Vent doesn’t get buffed as much BUT her auto taunt after her turn is a bit like K2 and auto revive assuming another toon is alive just seems quite amazing...

Is her dps on par with other similarly geared tanks also? and I assume she can revive a fellow NS ally on landing a killing blow under MT lead? I’ve never had her geared enuff to check this from a surviveability/dps perspective