NS Team - Gear Zombie or Not?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    fmf wrote: »
    Disclosure: I have a g12 zombie (and I do not regret it at all).

When fully geared how does she hold up in battle compared to other tanks? Gearing her makes sense b/c sure Vent doesn’t get buffed as much BUT her auto taunt after her turn is a bit like K2 and auto revive assuming another toon is alive just seems quite amazing...

Is her dps on par with other similarly geared tanks also? and I assume she can revive a fellow NS ally on landing a killing blow under MT lead? I’ve never had her geared enuff to check this from a surviveability/dps perspective

Don't gear her up. I personally beat G11~12 zombie teams but no G8 zombies
  • Options
    fmf wrote: »
    Random9 wrote: »
    If you gear her she can be fractured or get buff immunity so you want her undergeared for defense.

But then ... your opponent will avoid her until they can fracture a more appealing target, like Talzin ...

imo getting a human opponent with Thrawn to fracture zombie is exactly what you want. Keeps fracture off your other, more valuable toons.

Buff immune is as good as Fracture agaist cleanseless ns teams. I buff immune zombie, fracture someone else.

If there is GK i will fracture GK and buff immune Zombie
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If u have zombie over gear VIII, go w/ a Ventress zeta lead. That will speed her up dramatically, thus refreshing taunt all the faster.
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    tooltip says “gain 50% turn meter when they fall below 100% health” - seems to imply this is a one off? Unless they get healed up to 100% again? So you mean Zombie takes damage - attacks/heals gets damaged again and gets TM again?

Anyone who uses a Zeta Vetress lead wanna comment?
  • Options

Why no g8? b/c the buff to Vetriss dps?
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I dont run a NS team so can only comment from them on def... i lose against low gear zombie as opposed to high gear zombie

I can take out a NS team with a high gear zombie in under a minute.. a low gear zombie requires a specific aoe team that can survive the NS onslaught (not that is makes much diff with NS but Dec 15 shard)
  • Options
    Don’t gear zombie its not as good on defense
  • Options
    My zombie is gear 6 and my shardmates hate it. She dies and revives with every hit which feeds my asajj and Daka
  • Options
    It is getting annoying how people keep complaining about the fact that it is a resource game and not gearing zombie is somehow unfair to others. I m running a full g12 NS team with a g8 zombie and had to drop 4 zetas on the team just to make them viable. Other teams function much better with alot less resources and zetas. Those zetas take alot more dedication than gearing another character to g12.
  • Options
    I agree with flamethrow, It took me 4 zetas to be able to use my Sisters in arena! And getting them to g12, it took me 3 months
  • Options
    Seems like gr lv 12 zombie could get stuck with buff immunity for a few turns, alot can happen in a few turns
  • Options

Why no g8? b/c the buff to Vetriss dps?

More because Zombie always dies instead of being fractured or buff immuned. It is very difficult
  • Options
    Just count how many times my g12 zombi died ;)
    https://youtu.be/tDhnFDK7YkQ
  • Options
    seegester wrote: »

great battle but there is no cls / thrawn and jtr team is not the best against ns
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

great battle but there is no cls / thrawn and jtr team is not the best against ns

How would this have been different w/o Thrawn - assuming Thrawn hit fracture w/o killing zombie Acolyte is still stealthed and the other toons would be forced to kill Zombie in any event? I don’t get how CLS would have changed the course of this particular battle - can u explain Anakin? I actually find JTR one of the tougher combos I face with my NS team especially when paired with R2 and other AoE toons (Wedge/Baze etc..)

Thanks for the vid Seegester! It’s interesting to see just how much DPS Rebels & Resistance can put down on a single target but still end up losing the match - really loving the NS mechanics to counter to the current single target ‘buff and smash’ meta ;)

• Options
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Either way,...
    Sir, your profile picture is legendary, I can’t stop laughing :D
  • Options
    Is it wrong that I feel somewhat sickened by the idea of leaving your arena toons undergeared in order to perform at full efficiency?

Maybe CG should release four more toons who are even better at G6 and 2 stars, than G12 and 7 stars. That way we have the best possible arena team five minutes into the game.

In my opinion, her revive passive should be unlocked at no less than G9, with a 5 star minimum requirement. But that would make too much sense. I mean, anti revive abilities don't even work on the toon, so why stop there?
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I propose a buff. Make zombie immune to all debuffs, including fracture. That way we don't accidently gear our zombie too much to work. Would hate to accidently drop a holo disk and suddenly have an unusable toon.

Should also have her taunt be non dispellable. Just for laughs.
  • Options
    NS can beat the META. Empire/I Troopers beat NS. META destroys Empire. Adds more diversity to the top. Only people mad are people who feel everyone must run JTR or CLS. There is still a paywall that NS are behind and a massive zeta commitment. Besides, there is a ftp counter to them.
  • Options
    Perfxion wrote: »
    NS can beat the META. Empire/I Troopers beat NS. META destroys Empire. Adds more diversity to the top. Only people mad are people who feel everyone must run JTR or CLS. There is still a paywall that NS are behind and a massive zeta commitment. Besides, there is a ftp counter to them.

That's an interesting point. I mean, my better geared, better zetad, and better modded CLS lead squad beats NS teams 90% of the time (when acolyte doesnt stealth first turn and **** me over.) Checks and balances are great, so I agree that a diverse arena is good for everyone.

Now name a squad that NS doesn't beat on offense on auto.
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

That's an interesting point. I mean, my better geared, better zetad, and better modded CLS lead squad beats NS teams 90% of the time (when acolyte doesnt stealth first turn and **** me over.) Checks and balances are great, so I agree that a diverse arena is good for everyone.

Any one with an AoE dispel or AoE damage attacks or decent heals setups ie: any teams other than the single target dps builds ...like..

1. Lando / Chaze Combos - granted Lando falls off in arena 80+ but he still does crazy damage to NS.
    2. Troopers (with Snow) and even w/o Snow ShT makes plague laughable.
    3. Phoenix, especially with Sabine, zeta’d this is no contest and NS fail miserably. I can speak from experience here watching my g11 Acolyte get close to oneshotted by Sabine’s AoE..its all good :smiley: ..part of the fun!

NS are not hard to beat at higher levels..at lower levels they are a tad irritating and force you to go down the Lando / Chaze route which kinda sux if you like Empire (like me..) - but hey Empire gonna get sum luv soon hopefully...at lower levels they are slightly ‘arena’ breaking.

Plague hits too hard imo at lower levels and a reviving tank with a similar mechanic to K2 is really hard to manage. That said, if a player invests in that build (given it is so tunnel vision) which means you don’t partake in any events etc then NS players should be rewarded with a decently strong arena team.

Also I am curious who wins in a NS vs NS battle (both running acolyte) one with geared zombie and one w/o. I think the low gear zombie team should win due to Ventriss dps being significantly higher - anyone done the theory rafting on this to confirm / deny?

TLDNR - NS are slightly OP at lower levels - at higher levels they are perfectly fine.

Post edited by CountPookoo on
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Any one with an AoE displell or AoE damage attacks or decent heals setups ie: any teams other than the single target dps builds ...like..

1. Lando / Chaze Combos - granted Lando falls off in arena 80+ but he still does great damage to NS.
    2. Troopers (with Snow) and even w/o Snow ShT makes plague laughable.
    3. Phoenix, especially with Sabine, zeta’d this is no contest and NS fail miserably. I can speak from experience here watching my g11 Acolyte get close to oneshotted by Sabine’s AoE..its all good :smiley: ..part of the fun!

NS are not hard to beat at higher levels..at lower levels they are a tad irritating and force you to go down the Lando / Chaze route which kinda sux if you like Empire (like me..) - but hey Empire gonna get sum luv soon
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

How would this have been different w/o Thrawn - assuming Thrawn hit fracture w/o killing zombie Acolyte is still stealthed and the other toons would be forced to kill Zombie in any event? I don’t get how CLS would have changed the course of this particular battle - can u explain Anakin? I actually find JTR one of the tougher combos I face with my NS team especially when paired with R2 and other AoE toons (Wedge/Baze etc..)

Thanks for the vid Seegester! It’s interesting to see just how much DPS Rebels & Resistance can put down on a single target but still end up losing the match - really loving the NS mechanics to counter to the current single target ‘buff and smash’ meta ;)

As I said fracture buff immune to zombie makes zombie useless (on Defense obviously)
    jtr is not really great against ns
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a2s3gwGegE
    asajj lead is better against jtr
    (3* g9 zombie in video)
    for acolyte people stun her with han and kill her or put buff immunity.

And let's say acolyte is stealthed and there is no aoe char in the enemy.
    Do you think G12 zombie standing out there helps your team any more than G8 zombie standing out there? Those two zombies are exactly the same in that particular situation. So why would anyone gear up zombie all the way up to G12, when G8 zombie can do the same job & when G8 does even better in certain situations
    Post edited by Anakin_Skywalker on
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @annakin - I don’t get how fracture on zombie really makes her useless especially vs a low geared zombie cause you will just kill her and waste the fracture yes?

If geared, you reduce her TM but still need to deal with a stealthed Acolyte and in any event if you kill every other NS toon your team will be forced to kil zombie as there is nothing else targettable - again, makes fracture on geared zombie a possible waste?

Also curious who wins in NS vs NS one with a geared zombie and one without - anyone done a sim or theory crafting to comment on this?
  • Options
    There are multiple schools of thought on this, including the "leave her blue", "g7 for max speed" , g12 survivability (with GK and/or daka lead on defense), and g12 and CC(my fav)...

People are worried about fracture and buff immunity. Fracture comes from ONE char. Buff immunity is irrelevant if using Talia, and if not there are also limited chars who apply it.

Make sure your daka and your assaj have enough potency. Daka swings, 2 stuns. Assaj swings, stun. MT does her group attack, multiple stuns. If the opponent has thrawn, he should be stunned and burned. Simple. Many times the entire opposing team winds up stunned at the same time when on the attack.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Cout pooku the first paragraph of your reply is exactly what I am talking about. Low Gear zombie is better because you can't fracture her. need i say more

I'm outta this discussion from now. Gear her if you feel like
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    It all depends on what NS team you are running... I abandoned the acolyte/ zombie combo a while ago and switched to Talia (which makes for a much stronger NS team when they are all geared and zeta’d)

It’s an intreresting team because of the versatility it provides... can do very well at low gear/ stars with the stealth abuse or can be a real powerhouse once fully realized with other options...

It all depends on how much you are willing to invest in them
  • Options

Uhhh...veers teams, maybe?
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It doesn't really matter
    https://youtu.be/bRa3-BI-C3w

With acolyte, a stronger zombie may delay the inevitable by a few attacks.

@ExarTheKun i highly doubt NS can beat this team on auto. I only use this setup to beat NS teams and if an NS team is behind me.