If you HAD to use a Jedi team...

Prev1
...what would it be? It's so strange that Jedi are among the worst factions in the game, but here we are.

Replies

• Options
    zQGJ/Hoda/GK/Ezra/Old Ben.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    If you HAD to use a Jedi team...

...I'd find a different game to play.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    zQGJ/Hoda/GK/Ezra/Old Ben.

I just watched a cubsfanhan video where this exact team beat every meta team. Im interested.
  • Options
    In fairness that team isn't really bad at all, just not many people have Hoda and have tested it
  • Options
    Even without Hoda, use that same team with Zariss instead and it would still be very good
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    GK, zBarriss, Hermit, Luminara, Jedi consular. Spam those mass assists ;)

Really though, GK, zBarriss, Hermit, Ezra, Kanan would be annoying to face.

Edit: forgot about old ben. Would probably swap for kanan.
  • Options
    GK zBarriss zEzra Aayla QGJ
  • Options
    All i know is Qui-go would be on it
  • cw8
    98 posts Member
    Options
    I don't get why the lack of love for Jedi. Sith has gone through an update last Feb and is going have another this month. Rebels have always been powerful, Resistance is currently meta with Mary Sue gaining foresight at every turn as compared to a Jedi Master who only gains foresight when somebody is dead. Nightsisters are counter meta or meta if u consider it. Empire is very strong with Thrawn, Deathtrooper, Shoretrooper, Krennic etc

But Jedi one of the most emphasized factions in Star Wars gets nothing apart from the annoying GK-zarris combo which is not really running a Jedi team anyways. Hermit Yoda came and looked like it could bring Jedi to life but he's actually best used in Ackbar squads. Maybe we'll see a Jedi rework when ROTJ Luke comes about?
  • Options
    GK, both Yodas, old Ben, Ezra, if he counted R2 instead of old Ben
  • Options
    I think that it would have to include:
    - GK lead
    - zeta bariss
    - ezra
    - hermit yoda
    - +1
    That's the only way i can see any jedi team having a fighting chance on defense

For the fifth, I'd love to have another tanky damage dealer like ezra, but anakin's aoe will get him killed. Old Ben is reliable but does no damage. Qui gon is way too squishy and only his assist does damage.
  • Options
    Give raid han jedi tag.. jedi damage dealer problem solved :frowning:
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Mobewan wrote: »
    I think that it would have to include:
    - GK lead
    - zeta bariss
    - ezra
    - hermit yoda
    - +1
    That's the only way i can see any jedi team having a fighting chance on defense

For the fifth, I'd love to have another tanky damage dealer like ezra, but anakin's aoe will get him killed. Old Ben is reliable but does no damage. Qui gon is way too squishy and only his assist does damage.

This squad is no bueno. Gk L, zarris is better with strong standalone toons like thrawn, DN, r2, etc.
    It doesn't really work well with full Jedi. The defense boost doesn't help the squishier ones enough, and the lack of an offense boost or a speed boost creates a lack of enough dps.

zQGJ-L
    Ezra
    Hoda
    Old Ben
    GK

I have zetas on
    - QGJ lead
    - Ezra special
    - Hoda heal
    - Old ben taunt

The team is reliable, and with decent enough mods and the right playstyle/strategy, it can beat nearly everything in the arena. Gk/zarris, Cls, Jtr. Ns can be beaten , but are annoying at times. I sometimes swap in jka over old ben or gk.

Only.problem is that it's an obvious target. Does it drop ? Of course it drops. Every single squad in the arena right.now can be beaten, however when someone sees a full Jedi team they are more promoted to attack it. And that could purely be because it's easier or even because it's something.different. Put in full empire, sith, ewoks, troopers, etc and watch as you get targeted also.

I would post my swgoh.gg rank, but I've pretty much quit in the last couple of weeks and let myself drop past rank 100.

iiMgJsi.png

Here is an old pic I found proving it can be in top 20.
  • Options
    If I were five, I’d play Mace (L) JKA, GK, Yoda, QGJ
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Mullato
    I know it's not good, and that GK/bariss are much better with DN/Thrawn.

But i have seen the QGJ team you suggest in action and they are way too squishy for the ai to have any chance at being even mildly difficult.

The problem with defense isnt losing to the top 20. The problem is once you reach 20, the top 50 less-meta teams will drag you down far.

At least with the GK lead, they get much tankier and gain swarm attacks for ezra.

Sadly, for a pure jedi team, that just isnt possible.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    GK, zBarriss, Hoda, Ezra, Ahsoka would be my pick
  • farqs
    116 posts Member
    Options
    Add JKA to a Jedi meta squad once they give him a new ability with a few zetas
  • Options
    I don't like Jedi in the game, or in the movies either.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

Not even Kit Fisto? How can anyone not like a smiling jedi with Squid dreads and a Jamacian accent? Shame.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

Not even Kit Fisto? How can anyone not like a smiling jedi with Squid dreads and a Jamacian accent? Shame.

Yea, he's racist if he doesn't like kit fisto.

#All Smiling jedi with Squid dreads and a Jamacian accentLivesMatter
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »

Not even Kit Fisto? How can anyone not like a smiling jedi with Squid dreads and a Jamacian accent?

Easily :)

• Options
    I think you'd be better off making an almost Jedi squad these days...CLS lead with ATF and Ezra if you want to swing light sabers at things...lot's of damage and a fair amount of tankiness with those 3, and you got 2 slots left for other characters like R2, OB, or maybe GK if you want at least one straight up Jedi in there.
    farqs wrote: »
    Add JKA to a Jedi meta squad once they give him a new ability with a few zetas

I got my fingers crossed!
  • Options
    I used to run Zqgj with Anakin, Yoda, gk and r2 and would hold in the top 100 everyday with it
  • Options
    R2 is no jedi
  • Options
    cw8 wrote: »
    . . .
    But Jedi one of the most emphasized factions in Star Wars gets nothing apart from the annoying GK-zarris combo which is not really running a Jedi team anyways. Hermit Yoda came and looked like it could bring Jedi to life but he's actually best used in Ackbar squads. Maybe we'll see a Jedi rework when ROTJ Luke comes about?

• Options
    "So the Dark Side is stronger?"
    "Stronger, no; easier, yes."

So the Dark Side gives you earlier victories, but the Light Side sustains you longer. I'm cool with this.
  • Options
    Noataq wrote: »
    GK, zBarriss, Hermit, Luminara, Jedi consular. Spam those mass assists ;)

Really though, GK, zBarriss, Hermit, Ezra, Kanan would be annoying to face.

Edit: forgot about old ben. Would probably swap for kanan.

My wife runs it with Kanan. Kanans zeta is so underrated. He spreads more foresight, cleanses, and helps feed Ezra TM, which is important since he’s the only damage dealer.
  • Options
    Kanans zeta is so underrated.

Agreed.

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    GK lead,
    HY
    JC
    AT
    JKA

Would be lots of fun with up to 5 assist alls and all the healing.
    Post edited by Woodroward on