How much will you pay for this upcoming re-purchasable Pack?

124Next

Replies

• Options
    At this moment, I wont be spending anymore money. I would gladly spend cash once I feel this game is back on the right track.
  • Options
    Red_Glare wrote: »
    i would pay 5 $. He's not even farmable.

but he's so good even at 4*. NOt all heroes require 7* to be good. Rey, Rex, Dooku are all great even at 4*

It is not the case. You can't use a 4* character in arena, when others use a 7* version - it's a big and default disadvantage. Hence, if not farmable, a 4* version is not a good value for arena. If not for arena, then there are loads of freely available options. So, the sad truth is, that non farmable characters represent nearly zero value if we are talking about a single bundle.

At the same time, this character may represent a really big value either if farmable or repurchaseable so that starring up to 7* may be guaranteed in a predetermined number of purchases (then the value of the pack is the value of a 7* divided by the number of bundles needed)
  • Options
    As such, for ea it could have made sense to offer different star level chars for outright sale.
    Let's say, a character X costs 5$ at 4*, 25* at 5*, 100$ at 6* and 500$ at 7*, available immediately upon purchase. It would boost sales significantly
  • Options
    I wouldnt pay 5$ for this. But this will be charged for 15-20$ so...
  • Options
    $0.00 last time I spend money on character I got Greedo, and we all know how that work out...
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe they will at least fix Plo Koon's issues if they sell this pack.
  • Options
    I'm willing to pay 10 crystals... And that's being generous!
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Options
    Ill pay Fity cent
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    1st Drop: CT-7567 “REX” character shards OR character
    One time value of 80 shards, repeating value of 32 shards (when a full card of an unlocked hero is converted to shards) - or - value of 32 to 15 shards (based on the shards provided when not receiving a full card). So 80 to 15 shard value range. I believe it was determined that a random shard is worth roughly 5 crystals. Double that for the precision (not random). Value is 800 (80 x 10) to 150 (15 x 10) crystals.

2nd Drop:5 Synergy character shards (CT-5555 OR PloKoon, OR Clone Sergeant Phase 1)
    Same as above but a value of 8 per shard instead of 10 per shard due to the simi-random draw.
    8 x 5 = 40 crystals

So 840 to 190 crystal value from shards

3rd Drop: 100K Credits
    85 crystals for 65,625 credits - or - 140 crystals = 100,000 credits

4th Drop: 10 4-star Training Droids
    7 T5 Training Droids = 60 crystals (shop shipment) - or - 1 T5 Training Droid = 8.5 crystals
    So if 1 T4 Training Droid was worth 8 crystals (just guessing), then 10 are equal 80 crystals

140 crystals for the 100k credits + 80 crystals for the Training Droids = 220 crystals of value

5th Drop: 2 Ability Material MK III
    It is average to get 1 of these per refresh in Canteena. That refresh will chance you to gain shards, credits, and canteena energy as well. So to establish some sort of a value to Tier III Ability Materials, I will just set them to 100 crystals (the cost of a canteena refresh). This value is balanced from the guarantee aspect of their purchase as opposed to the random chance from refreshing. This value is a little high actually, but since it is nice and round, I am using it to calculate package value.

1 Ability Material MK III = 100 crystals

Pack Value

So the package has a total crystal value of:
    840 to 190 (from shards)
    140 (from credits)
    80 (from Training Droids)
    200 (from Ability Materials)

1260 to 610 total crystal value

There is probably a premium of 10% added on since it is a package.
    1386 to 671 total value

Current Pack Costs
    350 X 1
    1330 X 4
    2520 x 8

This new pack should cost just about the same as a 4 pack. If it costs an 8 Pack, either my values are way off or the pack is a suck'a pack. If it costs more than an 8 pack, then it should just be ignored.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    A non-farmable character? What a complete waste of money.

Also I fear it'll be a comparable pricing to the Anakin bundle, which was a joke.
  • Options
    So the logic is, customers complain about garbage packs being sold so the solution is, make worse packs than the one's they offered before??? Great idea, who's making these packs, Helen Keller??
  • Options
    So the logic is, customers complain about garbage packs being sold so the solution is, make worse packs than the one's they offered before??? Great idea, who's making these packs, Helen Keller??

Well, it is the same people who decided to stealth gut Poe and then immediately thought it was a good idea to stealth nerf Greedo (yet another $ pack character they nerfed), so I guess as making poor decisions goes, they are batting 1.000
  • Options
    A re-purchasable pack makes Rex farmable. Just not by the means you are used to. Instead of simming a node 900 times, you'll save your crystals and purchase the pack up to 9 times.
  • Options
    $0
  • Options
    Pass.