How much will you pay for this upcoming re-purchasable Pack?

Prev134
xJazzx
808 posts Member
edited February 2016
From the mined data files

New Pack Option: Aurodium Data Pack
This data pack guarantees the following 5 drops:
1st Drop: CT-7567 “REX” character shards OR character
2nd Drop:5 Synergy character shards (CT-5555 OR PloKoon, OR Clone Sergeant Phase 1)
3rd Drop: 100K Credits
4th Drop: 10 4-star Training Droids
5th Drop: 2 Ability Material MK III

This is a pack that is bought with crystals and should be unlimited in purchase quantity
. :#
Post edited by xJazzx on

Replies

• Options
    I'll pass
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Not going to say because EA is listening.

It seems really lack luster though compared to some starter packs
  • Options
    How much will I pay? Jack $@#%, but I'm pretty sure they'll want an arm and a leg
  • OlBillyRiley
    184 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Rex is unfarmable, So unless you drop 100s USD you're not going to benefit. Clone teams aren't very viable right now (even with Rex, Fives, etc). Simply not enough of them.

Depending on cost, the lower tier rewards may or may not be worth it (my bet: not).

Odd choice to put in there. I like the idea of synergy bundles a lot (i.e. Jedi bundle, maybe sometime a sith/Tusken/Jawa and so forth). But clones are not predominant enough to get too much of a look right now. I have a feeling that that might change soon however.

Edit: forgot to say what I would pay.
    In short I'll pass, unless the pack is ridiculously cheap, like 5usd. Now, if it were sith oriented, like Dooku being the highest tier drop, I'd strongly reconsider. I personally also like Tuskens, so I'd go for that. Heck, even Scoundrels in anticipation for the event. For clones? Nah.
  • Options
    20? Lol
  • Options
    Once I see one patch go through with no "scroundrel" stealth changes I may be interested in buying it.
  • Options
    Can't farm Rex, so he's worthless to me.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    That actually sounds worse than some of the limited run, purchase-capped packs they used in Heroes of Dragon Age. Bravo.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options
    What a joke!
  • Options
    I would not spend more than $10 on that. Packing in this droids/credits fluff is pointless. Character packs, EA. CHARACTERS!
  • Options
    Is this a light side started pack like dooku? 5.99 I at least got 500 crystals and a character who has 12 shuts in a row combo
  • Options
    Ya I can't really defend them if this pack is legit real. Who the fax would pay money at a chance to get character SHARDS that you can't even farm. Basically, you're paying for nothing.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    icebear wrote: »
    Is this a light side started pack like dooku? 5.99 I at least got 500 crystals and a character who has 12 shuts in a row combo

No. This is most likely a response to extremely lack luster chromium sales following the introduction of Rex. There are reports of whales who already had every toon in the game maxed and yet had to spend another $3k just to get Rex. People who are willing and capable of doing that probably comprise less than 0.000000001% of the player base. As a result a solution was need to make people want to spend, since this is as close to a direct purchase as you'll get.
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    What they should do is offer Mace Windu or something farmable for 5.99 again
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »

No. This is most likely a response to extremely lack luster chromium sales following the introduction of Rex. There are reports of whales who already had every toon in the game maxed and yet had to spend another $3k just to get Rex. People who are willing and capable of doing that probably comprise less than 0.000000001% of the player base. As a result a solution was need to make people want to spend, since this is as close to a direct purchase as you'll get.

Then they'd better make this pack cheap and attractive. I bet those devs are just programmers who never go to business school. They could make more if last pack had old Ben. They are just too greedy now.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    It will be overpriced as usual. A good price would be $4.99.
  • Options
    How much would you guys pay for a 7* aayla pack?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Then they'd better make this pack cheap and attractive. I bet those devs are just programmers who never go to business school. They could make more if last pack had old Ben. They are just too greedy now.

I doubt the actual programming Devs are setting IAP prices or designed the pricing model. There's a whole science behind the manipulation of human impulses and psychology in order to maximize profit. There is a specific reason for almost every timer and every barrier in game.
  • Options
    Yeah, nobody that codes touches these bundles.

What if it were 5 level III mats...? That would be something.

Rex is pretty squishy, even if you had clones and could farm him, I'm still awfully skeptical.
  • Options
    That looks like a steaming 5$ pack of ****. So I think it'll be 60$ for the pack.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

2nd Drop:5 Synergy character shards (CT-5555 OR Plo Koon, OR Clone Sergeant Phase 1)

I'm sure this pack is bought with crystals and unlimited in quantityquantity.

I will spend $0 or maybe half that. Since they destroyed Poe and misscomunicated I am very upset, still today. I also was expecting things to be more "reasonable". If I were a big spender I'd have some dignity...

• Options
    $20
  • Options
    4.99 EUR
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

2nd Drop:5 Synergy character shards (CT-5555 OR Plo Koon, OR Clone Sergeant Phase 1)

I'm sure this pack is bought with crystals and unlimited in quantityquantity.

I'll buy it this seems reasonable for the complaints I voiced regarding having to spend thousands just to acquire Rex. This seems to be aimed at those who specifically wanted Rex (mostly whales who have most of the characters) and it seems good. I'll decide when I see the price but I'm guessing it will be 20$.
  • Options
    $4.99
  • Lamb
    300 posts Member
    Options
    0.00 bux EA team is worthless. I had some faith in them thinking they made mistakes. Now I know they are just money grabbers with a half realized game. Get a steam game for free instead of spending a single penny on this one.
  • Options
    I would've bought tgis pack if it included higher amount of Mk3 ability mats. However, kudos to anyone who's bringing a clone team together, this pack will help them fastening to assemble it.
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • Options
    Yeah, nah.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    £2.50? Maybe?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I would pay if Rex were guaranteed.