Anyone else constantly losing at Territory Wars???

Prev1
Our guild is very active. We have at least 40 players that sign up and it's typically in the high 40's. Everyone puts up defense and attacks to the fullest yet we are 1-8 overall in the battles. We keep getting matched against guilds that have lots of teams that are better than our best players, best team. We don't just get beat, we get killed pretty much in each of the 8 losses. So my question is in the title. Anyone else experiencing this?

Replies

• Options
    Strategy.we did t have a win until one of our officers did some research and came up with a solid strategy. Since that we're 4-1
  • Options
    We struggled early through trial and error. Won only 1 of our first 5. Won our last 5 straight.

Keep changing tactics until you figure out what works.
  • Vax
    18 posts Member
    Options
    That’s not the problem. We’re literally being outmatched team to team across the board. Every member has squads that outclass our best. We’re unsure how we can consistently be matched up against guilds of that caliber.
  • Vax
    18 posts Member
    Options
    We’ve tried different schemes, strategies etc. we barely beat 1 guild since this began. Most others take us outside and dome piece us. Not even remotely competitive.
  • Options
    Ditto. We won one, maybe two, of our first ones and are in a long losing streak now. Feels like the disparity is getting worse.
    50m ggp (40m active)
  • Options
    Our guild is 121 million GP and we’ve only won once as well.
  • Options
    My guild has 3 CLS' and only one is G12. The guild we're facing now has had at least a dozen G12 CLS'. We cannot compete with them, it's **** that my guild with some relatively active members hasn't won a single TW.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    we are doing ok, its been a mix. some wins, some ties, some losses.

there is a lot to the strategy that goes into TW. A good setup to start with (well before they introduce the new tie breaker) is to go for a tie. Try to setup a decent defense with the goal of being able to clear your opponent. Working from there you can make a better defensive strategy and figure out who has what counters to the teams you are seeing.

I understand some of this may be due to mathces, but as they get better at making matches we all have to work at getting better at strategy.
  • Options
    We’re facing a team now who, I swear, every player has literally every toon available. Even the Gammorean and Mob Enforcer are 7* on several,teams. Multiple 7* KRU, gear 12 everyone. Our guild is nowhere this strong. Our only hope is that they run out of characters after setting this much defense.
  • Options
    We've been winning almost all of ours. It's all about strategy and knowing what you have that will be good on defense. On offense it's important to know what counters what. Everything has a squad that counters it well finally. For example jtr is countered by nightsisters which are countered by veers, etc.

The last tw and most likely this one will be ties for us. The opponents set garbage defense to have strong offense. I never understood going for a tie since it's the equivalent of losing. Why put in the effort? I'm glad they are adding a tiebreaker so that doesn't happen again.
  • Options
    phinfan309 wrote: »
    We've been winning almost all of ours. It's all about strategy and knowing what you have that will be good on defense. On offense it's important to know what counters what. Everything has a squad that counters it well finally. For example jtr is countered by nightsisters which are countered by veers, etc.

The last tw and most likely this one will be ties for us. The opponents set garbage defense to have strong offense. I never understood going for a tie since it's the equivalent of losing. Why put in the effort? I'm glad they are adding a tiebreaker so that doesn't happen again.

Strategy has nothing to do with it when you don't have Rey, only a few have CLS and we can each scrounge up maybe a single 90k team each, while the other guild can put up more squads at 95k than we have members.
  • Options
    If things are equal, yes it is about strategy. But if a guild only has 3 cls total and no jedi rey and definitely no mt, and each person only has a few g12 characters, it's really hard to beat a guild that has 40 cls, 40 jtr, 40mt...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    We’re facing a team now who, I swear, every player has literally every toon available. Even the Gammorean and Mob Enforcer are 7* on several,teams. Multiple 7* KRU, gear 12 everyone. Our guild is nowhere this strong. Our only hope is that they run out of characters after setting this much defense.

They put gammorean guard and mob enforcer on defense teams?
  • Options
    Yes. One buy has literally every toon on a squad so far. He must have set all defense. I’ve been watching and so far no attacks from him. But yes, every toon os far except JTR and I bet she’s in later phases we haven’t gotten to yet. If I see a Holdo or Rose....bet he’s a whale.
  • Options
    I agree that strategy is important and we execute a strategy with almost 100% buy in from the guild. The point is (and what others are commenting on) is we keep getting out matched. We can't beat another guild whose average squad is 10k points stronger than ours and stacked with rare toons. I am trying to raise awareness to EA development that this is a problem for some of us out there. There needs to be an adjustment in matchmaking because it is putting certain guilds at a strong advantage while putting others (like ours) at a strong disadvantage.

So if you are experiencing the same problem, please chime in. Maybe if the thread gets large enough they will hear us.
  • Options
    Your matching is based on the GP of the members entered from your guild, not your guilds total GP. So it works better for players that only focus on fewer toons to max out and leave all the others at level 1. This keeps their overall GP low but yet they have killer squads. All you need is 40 toons, 4 defensive squads, and 4 offensive squads from each of your 50 members. You will have a complete War and will destroy whoever you are matched against.

On the flip side, if you have a large amount of toons at various or even equal levels, you get hurt in the match making. Also, if your guild members are spread out in their total GP that also hurts your chances. I have 14 squads that are all around the same level. It adds to my GP but hurts my chances in TW. 2 squads at 70 k can't take out a squad at 85k. Plain and simple.

Let me lay it out with numbers. I have 14 squads at 70k each. That's 980k GP. If I am match against someone else that also has 980k but gets it from 10 squads, my 70k squads are going up against 98k squads. What are my chances of winning? This is what is happening.
  • Options
    We're about even in wins and losses, and when we do have difficulty it's mostly down to a lack of roster depth (most of my guild isn't even level 85 yet) and trial and error regarding how to balance offense and defense. There's several of us (honestly almost everyone who goes on the offensive) who will try to take out multiple teams with less-than-a-full squad (this time I got three squads with nine characters, and that's with screwing up and losing a fight) and we're still figuring out what these baby squads can and can't handle (one of our guys got 10 attacks last time, but he's walking away with 3 this time; all because he mis-judged when to go all in and when to hold back and avoid overkill).

Not to say we haven't been mismatched against a guild with much stronger rosters, but it's only happened once (and we changed our defense strategy to copy what we could see of theirs). Take it as a learning experience.

• Options
    We lost. Miserably. Looked up the guild that pounded us and they have 50M more GP than we do. Yep. That’s fair.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If your guild has no strategy, you have no chance of winning. We spent the first 2 wars developing a strategy which we have since stuck with and are now on 9 wins in a row at 117 mill GP (with the first 2 wars being draws). (To those complaining about matchmaking: we have abliterated 3 guilds with 10 million more GP than us at the time).
  • Options
    BillyFly wrote: »
    2 squads at 70 k can't take out a squad at 85k. Plain and simple.

I take extreme exception to this... My 55k NS breat a 96k GK team. My FO team took out a team 15k higher than them. My 220k fleet took out a 300+k fleet.

It is definitely possible to win if you play RPS
  • Options
    My guild started at 73 MIL when LSTB came out... We all inflated our rosters and now stand at 120 mil and can't win a TW for the life of us... Guilds, most specifically FTP/mixed, seem to have choice... Inflate GP for TB or become top-heavy for TW. The unfortunate part is we can't go back now as we were forced into the former which can be frustrating. Yet, it's the way it is... At least we'll get 2 zetas for losing now
  • Options
    Jonkroft wrote: »
    My guild started at 73 MIL when LSTB came out... We all inflated our rosters and now stand at 120 mil and can't win a TW for the life of us... Guilds, most specifically FTP/mixed, seem to have choice... Inflate GP for TB or become top-heavy for TW. The unfortunate part is we can't go back now as we were forced into the former which can be frustrating. Yet, it's the way it is... At least we'll get 2 zetas for losing now

You are better off getting top TB loot than top TW loot, right? Be glad you get the two zetas; my guild loses pretty much every TW and we are in the 30 - 39 GP rewards zone so no zeta unless we win. So no zeta as we have no chance of winning these things at our level.
  • Options
    And another loss is in the books. Not a team under 80k for the 3 nodes we got to see. Tons of teams over 90k and some over 100k with rare toons. We don’t have squads to get through that.
  • Options
    Yeah, our guilds problem is that the last two TWs we've encountered guilds that have 1 or 2 players that have around 120 G12 characters. If they drop a couple of players, their overall GP aligns with ours but they have a competitive advantage that they have 1 person that can set top defenses and still have a strong offense. If 1 player can knock out 5 or 6 top defenses then no strategy can compensate because we don't have the depth of toons to for parity.
  • Options
    Your matching is based on the GP of the members entered from your guild, not your guilds total GP. So it works better for players that only focus on fewer toons to max out and leave all the others at level 1. This keeps their overall GP low but yet they have killer squads. All you need is 40 toons, 4 defensive squads, and 4 offensive squads from each of your 50 members. You will have a complete War and will destroy whoever you are matched against.

On the flip side, if you have a large amount of toons at various or even equal levels, you get hurt in the match making. Also, if your guild members are spread out in their total GP that also hurts your chances. I have 14 squads that are all around the same level. It adds to my GP but hurts my chances in TW. 2 squads at 70 k can't take out a squad at 85k. Plain and simple.

Let me lay it out with numbers. I have 14 squads at 70k each. That's 980k GP. If I am match against someone else that also has 980k but gets it from 10 squads, my 70k squads are going up against 98k squads. What are my chances of winning? This is what is happening.

Matchmaking isn't based on raw GP. Reward tiers are based on raw GP. Matchmaking utilizes different numbers, and if I remember correctly, it's GP of eligible characters (i.e., 6k power or higher), along with other factors. There have been some dev posts on this.
  • Options
    But none that fully state the algorithm used to establish the matching. Only partial snippets and glimpses of what is happening behind the proverbial curtain
  • Options

Matchmaking isn't based on raw GP. Reward tiers are based on raw GP. Matchmaking utilizes different numbers, and if I remember correctly, it's GP of eligible characters (i.e., 6k power or higher), along with other factors. There have been some dev posts on this.
    This is correct. It's been stated many times.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    My guild doesn't win every single battle, and there are a couple of times we've lost, but we are increasing our stars, level, gear, and abilities (zetas!) for all toons. We obviously have a lot of heavy hitters (CLS, Gen Ken, Chaze, etc.) and some lightweight teams, but I for example have a 7star CUP and a gear 11 Mace Windu, so what does that say about the rest of my toons? My Resistance and First Order are maxed out, so are a lot of Empire and Jedi, etc. Just keep growing and it will get easier, but this is where you can tell if your teams are up to scratch
  • Options
    Dont feel bad we get creamed everytime as well. Though this time around we had 5 of 46 sign up and didnt do anything, another 2 with only 10 banners and 3 with 20... No wonder we lose. Also the other team has 10m gp more than us, which really doesnt help at all
  • Options
    We were winning at the start while not knowing what we where doing. Then we lost once when we were 5-0 to a strategic superior foe. since then we combined their strategy with ours and we win with very big differences now. and only lost once against an opponent with more Rey's and nightsisters.