What's the Big Secret?

Why is it so hard for you to find out what the requirements are for events in this game?

Ghosts of Dathomir is on right now and there's a bonus tier that I'm not able to play. Is it because I'm not a high enough level? Do I need a specific character, and does that character need to meet its own requirements on star, level, or gear? Is there anything in game that might lead me to finding out why I'm not able to play it? Of course not.

The first time Defense of Dathomir came around after I started playing, I was pretty excited. I was finally able to get shards for Talzin that I'd purchased from a pack a month or so earlier. I found out that it required 5 x 5* or higher nightsisters (not from anything in-game, mind you), so I farmed the hell out of NS initiate to get her ready in time for the event. Event day rolls around, and I still can't participate. The event is locked with a message along the lines of "you don't meet the requirements, keep playing to unlock". Care to tell me what I need to be trying to work towards? No, why would the game want to give me that little bit of necessary information? I later found out through a Google search to discover that it was only available to players level 75 or higher.

How hard is it to simply put the requirements of the event on the event tab in game? I know they have the ability to do this, because they do it for some events, but not others.

So again, I ask; Why is this stuff kept Top Secret?

Replies

• Options
    instead of a secret that is being kept from you out of ill will or spite.... let call it a surprise?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    Why is it so hard for you to find out what the requirements are for events in this game?

Ghosts of Dathomir is on right now and there's a bonus tier that I'm not able to play. Is it because I'm not a high enough level? Do I need a specific character, and does that character need to meet its own requirements on star, level, or gear? Is there anything in game that might lead me to finding out why I'm not able to play it? Of course not.

The first time Defense of Dathomir came around after I started playing, I was pretty excited. I was finally able to get shards for Talzin that I'd purchased from a pack a month or so earlier. I found out that it required 5 x 5* or higher nightsisters (not from anything in-game, mind you), so I farmed the hell out of NS initiate to get her ready in time for the event. Event day rolls around, and I still can't participate. The event is locked with a message along the lines of "you don't meet the requirements, keep playing to unlock". Care to tell me what I need to be trying to work towards? No, why would the game want to give me that little bit of necessary information? I later found out through a Google search to discover that it was only available to players level 75 or higher.

How hard is it to simply put the requirements of the event on the event tab in game? I know they have the ability to do this, because they do it for some events, but not others.

Just so you know for next time around it is actually lvl 80 for GoD event and you dont need nightsisters for bonus tier because i've done it with phoenix and jedi teams
  • Options
    I do wish the requirements and unlock of each event was listed, at the very least, in out-game resources like swgoh.gg, but they're not...

I don't know when the bonus tier of Ghosts is accessible, but I got to fight it today (I just hit 81 and the event wasn't active before I leveled); I thought they'd changed the event since I got a nice bunch of spirit and zombie shards from the first tier (I've been whacking away at this event since I joined the game in October; only unlocked them both today), and a zeta mat from the second (tfw first zeta mat).

But I hear you OP. It's frustrating.
  • Options
    I do wish the requirements and unlock of each event was listed, at the very least, in out-game resources like swgoh.gg, but they're not...

I don't know when the bonus tier of Ghosts is accessible, but I got to fight it today (I just hit 81 and the event wasn't active before I leveled); I thought they'd changed the event since I got a nice bunch of spirit and zombie shards from the first tier (I've been whacking away at this event since I joined the game in October; only unlocked them both today), and a zeta mat from the second (tfw first zeta mat).

But I hear you OP. It's frustrating.

That sounds like a good idea to list event requirements or at least have a link to the update stating them. What do you think @CG_Kozispoon is this viable?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    We are currently working on an event list for the Forum, and it should have this info. I am unsure why this event doesn't have it listed in game. Most of then do.
  • Options

You answered yourself. Defense of dathomir is different from ghosts of dathomir.
    DoD requires 5* sisters.
    GoD requires you to be lvl 70.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Options
    This event is level banded starting at level 20, and increasing every ten levels after that. All players can participate once they have unlocked the Events feature!

Play Tier 1 to unlock the new Nightsister Zombie and Nightsister Spirit units! A Bonus Tier, with more generous recurring rewards of these two Nightsisters, is available starting at level 70 and above.

A quick search here and you can find it.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/139539/content-update-10-18-2017
  • Options

You answered yourself. Defense of dathomir is different from ghosts of dathomir.
    DoD requires 5* sisters.
    GoD requires you to be lvl 80.

I know they're not the same event, I just included the stuff on Defense of Dathomir as another example of an event that there was no indication of what the requirements were to take part. Much like the bonus tier of Ghosts of Dathomir. I'm sure there are others as well.
  • Options

DoD requires 5* sisters.

I know they're not the same event, I just included the stuff on Defense of Dathomir as another example of an event that there was no indication of what the requirements were to take part. Much like the bonus tier of Ghosts of Dathomir. I'm sure there are others as well.

Not trying to sound rude but, on T1 of DoD, it clearly states that one needs to have 7* MT to unlock T2.
    Search up in the description of that event next time.
    Ps. Might as well search it in the description of GoD too, since it's odd to not have the requirements informed.
  • Options

DoD requires 5* sisters.

Not trying to sound rude but, on T1 of DoD, it clearly states that one needs to have 7* MT to unlock T2.
    Search up in the description of that event next time.
    Ps. Might as well search it in the description of GoD too, since it's odd to not have the requirements informed.

It wasn't the second tier of DoD that was the issue. It was the fact that you had to be lvl 75 and needed 5 NS at 5* to participate in it at all was unknown.
  • Options
    Funny thing is, that link was one of the things I checked when I was trying to find out why I couldn't participate in the event at the time. But that aside...

1. That link does not say that there's a level requirement to participate in the Defense of Dathomir event (only that you need 5 x 5* NS).

2. It still requires someone playing the game to search the internet for an answer to a question that should be made known in-game. That was literally the whole point of this thread.