Do you plan to put resources into Royal Guard?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I probably will slowly. His level 1 node has gear that I always run out of (2 of those pieces am always short of). And his 5th node has the MK iv droid caller which I have enough of for now, but will likely need more later. I farm several hard nodes for gear I want, if it also has either a character shard I have some interest in or an additional piece of gear I think I have a use for.

But mine is only barely 2 star. I rarely pulled him out of a bronzium. I only got him to two stars by hard farming him earlier (since he was close and I needed another promotion for an early Vader achievement). I pulled a full ewok scout today in Bronzium. Maybe I should start getting happy when I pull these characters that seem pretty useless right now. Who knows when CG will pull another RG move? Maybe they can give ewok a unique that gives stealth to any ally lower than 50% health?
  • Options
    I tested fighting guy with qgj,yoda, rey, leia and RG!! All 7* He was awesome and i actually lost in offense stun hit every time and yoda shared off up and advantage to all. Bad rng for me though cuz my gs missed and assist alone couldnt take yoda out so rg taunts and rest is history.
  • Options
    I've been using him in the Tank challenge today, and it seems he only taunts for one turn per toon below 50% health. That doesn't seem that great IMO.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    RG is viable at 4*. The hp difference between 4* and 7* is only about 3.5k; which to put into perspective is about one hit.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah that's why I am tempted to try him, I have him close to 4*.
    Mind you at 4* he will have low power and would make me a major target in arena, and farming him will take forever. Might not be worth it.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    This is a great taunt skill that more tanks should have. I have him levelled to 42 and gear v. But only 2 stars. I am making him 3rd on line for upgrading after gs and qgj.

But the devs mentioning the next level increase may put rg off for a long time.
  • Options
    Yes. I actually always worked on him a little, always like the red guard guys.

The taunt is amazing... not to mention 80% stun chance, lol.
  • Options
    I tested fighting guy with qgj,yoda, rey, leia and RG!! All 7* He was awesome and i actually lost in offense stun hit every time and yoda shared off up and advantage to all. Bad rng for me though cuz my gs missed and assist alone couldnt take yoda out so rg taunts and rest is history.

@Nortikka_aikarajuu That was probably me. :smile:

Been messing around with RG setups this morning.
  • Options
    I'm going to passively farm his nodes. No resets. I'm literally in the same boat. 3* 20/30 lvl 54 I think and gear 6. Seems like a good tool to have around.
  • Options
    Oobydoob wrote: »

Exactly my team as well haha even though my RG is only 6 stars
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Yeah that's why I am tempted to try him, I have him close to 4*.
    Mind you at 4* he will have low power and would make me a major target in arena, and farming him will take forever. Might not be worth it.

I'm actually counting on this. Now that I know that GW is based off of your power level in arena, I'm waiting til RG is 4* (in a week) to put in a few toons that are now higher power than my main arena squad. Since Royal Guard's power will be lower, I shouldn't exceed my current power level...if that makes sense.
  • Options
    I just fought a top-end team in PvP that had this guy. It was roflsauce. I planned poorly, didn't finish off Rey, he taunted, he defensed-up the whole team, and I just let the clock run out because I knew it was over.
    Still, finished in #6, my best in many many weeks, and there's no way I beat this individual -- hi @Keldanor! sorry if I locked you out of getting #1 but at least I ensured you got #2! :) -- no matter WHO I run.
    Still, it was pretty damned impressive. The people saying this guy is no big deal haven't seen him on a proper team.
    @Corndog131 - Interesting idea. I may try it at least. At any rate, since this gives me a chance to retry my beloved stun team, I am going to level him up. I've got about 5 million credits to blow at the moment. :)
  • Options
    His stun is gonna be what makes him great.
  • Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    His stun is gonna be what makes him great.

His whole kit makes him great...very underrated.
  • Options
    JoshG wrote: »
    My RG is 3* (10/30) currently. Not sure what to do. Does his taunt actually interrupt assist attacks?

No, it doesn't.

IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    He could find a spot as the core of a GW squad, maybe. HP, free taunt(s), and slow/stuns make for nice utility in the GW slog.

I don't know that he's worth the grind (if you are F2P) for a viable arena squad unless some crazy new meta plays out.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Options
    Most (all?) of us have him, but except for whales, at lower star levels and also likely lower character and gear levels as well. Mine is currently 3, 20/30 to 4, and level 43. I can get him to 4* easily enough, but then I'm looking at 2 MM credits to level him up, and then gear him. And then he's still only 4* (5* would take another month).
    Just afraid that by the time I get him usable they will go "gee, maybe that's too powerful after all" and nerf him.
    What do you plan to do?

I might pursue the last 7 shards I need to get him to 5* but probably not beyond that unless Tarkin becomes farmable and I go after an Empire squad once I can 7* Vader (nearly at 5* now). I have RG at 58/65 after pulling him over and over in Bronzium cards.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    One of the top guys in my shard is running RG, yoda, FOTP, QGJ, GS and they're all max level/stars/gear (except for RG who is only gear seven). It took me three tries to take first from him. The auto taunt stopped me from taking out his characters and I ended up having to focus him down first to eventually take first.

I'm running Sid, QGJ, Lumi, GS all maxed and Rey maxed in gear at five stars. Behind a fast high damage team RG destroys people.
  • Options
    For sure building - way too high utility not too. He may not be Poe at his peak, but that doesn't mean he still isn't really good. That passive taunt and health pool is one of the better skills in the game.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yeah I decided I'm going to do with him what I do with other slow farms.. just take it nice and easy. I've been slow-grinding FOTP, Rey and others (both of those now near 5*). Buy shards when they show up in shipments, otherwise just do 2 nodes per day and whatever falls, falls.
    I blew some of my 5k bronzium stockpile hoping for a lucky drop, but nope. I have 40k more but now that I WANT this guy, of course I will never get him. :)
    ETA: I had been toying with the idea of a Barriss/Poe team. This guy would be even better with another taunter. Wow.
  • Options

Ya it was u took 1st today for my reward time :) rg is a nice change to have in arena hope others will come too after him
  • Options
    I wish I had him 6* so he could be viable. QGJ, Rey, GS, Lumi, RG would be amazing.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I just fought a top-end team in PvP that had this guy. It was roflsauce. I planned poorly, didn't finish off Rey, he taunted, he defensed-up the whole team, and I just let the clock run out because I knew it was over.
    Still, finished in #6, my best in many many weeks, and there's no way I beat this individual -- hi @Keldanor! sorry if I locked you out of getting #1 but at least I ensured you got #2! :) -- no matter WHO I run.
    Still, it was pretty damned impressive. The people saying this guy is no big deal haven't seen him on a proper team.
    @Corndog131 - Interesting idea. I may try it at least. At any rate, since this gives me a chance to retry my beloved stun team, I am going to level him up. I've got about 5 million credits to blow at the moment. :)

Most don't realize just how much hp he has even at 4 or 5 stars. Just like Telaan said he's viable at 4 stars. I'm maxing his gear now. If he works in my arena team, great. If not, he'll be a great asset in GW which I predict will continuously get harder. I'll now have 2 viable tanks. Wohoo!
  • Options

Ya it was u took 1st today for my reward time :) rg is a nice change to have in arena hope others will come too after him

Doh! Sorry! What time zone is your payout? I'll just hang in second at that time. Locking everyone out was purely accidental while messing with RG.
  • Options
    I will get him to 5 max gear
  • Options
    Haha mine is exactly the same 20/30 to 4* and around level 42 with gear 6

I'm farming him for the moment. Will probably take him to 5* and stop.
  • Options

Doh! Sorry! What time zone is your payout? I'll just hang in second at that time. Locking everyone out was purely accidental while messing with RG.

Gmt+2 but no worries i didnt write clearly enough i see... So I did get the 1st place ;) write that previous answer pretty early in the morning and it looked good with one eye closed at the time :D
    And for the RG id say he was pretty good on def but would have to test it out a little bit more ofc