IPD combat section is rediculous

Prev1
jjkriv
429 posts Member
edited February 2018
Finally got my Stark to 5* to help the guild get IPD shards,all of my toons are around 13,000 power with gold DT at 19,000 power and a gold shoretrooper at 90,000 prot,40,000 health and I cant even kill a single rebel,DTs double attack isnt working,I guess you need a zeta on Veers to complete this horse kittens.

Replies

• Options
    @jjkriv
    You don't need the veers zeta I was able to beat it with the following

G9 Veers no zeta Speed 161 (30 from mods)
    G7 stark no zeta 6 star Speed 194 (45 from mods)
    G7 snowtrooper no omegas Speed 102 ( 10 from mods)
    G12 shore trooper no g12 pieces modded for protection total health and protection 125k health and protection Speed 130 (13 from mods)
    G12 deathtrooper no zeta no g12 pieces Speed 127 ( 3 from mods)

As you can see I didn't use God level mods I filled them with sets of what I had lying around and a few of them weren't even leveled up and they are still the same right now if you wanna look at them https://swgoh.gg/u/darthpedro/ . I did almost lose shore trooper in the final wave but managed to finish with everyone alive
  • Options
    It don't need zeta.. but if u have the zeta, it will make ur life better :frowning:
  • Options
    jjkriv wrote: »
    Finally got my Stark to 5* to help the guild get IPD shards,all of my toons are around 13,000 power with gold DT at 19,000 power and a gold shoretrooper at 90,000 prot,40,000 health and I cant even kill a single rebel,DTs double attack isnt working,I guess you need a zeta on Veers to complete this horse kittens.

Well when i post a similar thread I get no upvotes and negative replies 90% of the time. When others post the same topic and take the same possition as me, they get upvotes and some positive comments. Maybe next time I'll send you the text and you can post it for me.

And yes I agree it's a joke, the mission is too hard
  • Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

Well when i post a similar thread I get no upvotes and negative replies 90% of the time. When others post the same topic and take the same possition as me, they get upvotes and some positive comments. Maybe next time I'll send you the text and you can post it for me.

Just like I posted in your thread it is not too hard it takes a little bit of work but it's very doable
  • Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

Just like I posted in your thread it is not too hard it takes a little bit of work but it's very doable

You mean it takes hundreds of carbantis, hundreds of syringes, hundreds of holo projectors and a few raid pieces including a few hundreds of stun cuffs, sun guns, droid callers, ect.

Yeah that's way more accurate.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I had fun gearing my new trooper team and enjoy my new shiny team.
  • Options
    Grats Waqui. I am following suit and opening Col Strack to work with my troopers as well. 5 more refreshes to go.
  • Options
    This event feels like a scan, they "raise" the payout to 2 shards but it is ridiculously difficult. The requirement is 5* characters, so if u field a team of 7*, they should NEVER lose.

Dont care aboout RNG, if five star is the base requirement then seven star is unbeatable. Just another con for the constant money grab.
  • Options
    i wanted to be sarcastic but i decided against it. there are no shortcuts to this mission after all that info you can get on the WWW regarding how tough it is. i had +80 speed on my g9 troopers and i did fine, although you have to pick and choose your targets carefully. kill order is important.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    This event feels like a scan, they "raise" the payout to 2 shards but it is ridiculously difficult. The requirement is 5* characters, so if u field a team of 7*, they should NEVER lose.

Dont care aboout RNG, if five star is the base requirement then seven star is unbeatable. Just another con for the constant money grab.

That's not how it is in this game. If you accept that fact, it will make your gaming experience much more enjoyable.

• AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Getting a character to 5 stars allows it to be used in a node requiring 5 star characters. It doesn't mean anything other than that. Getting that character to higher stars doesn't mean that will effectively guarantee a win. Like every other area in the game, mods, gear, and strategy are much more important than stars.
  • Options
    It need more than just build imp trooper team.. coordination of the guild also. If u can't have platoon completed, u screw up.. there is no airstrike. And airstrike pretty much useful if u have average imp trooper :frowning:
  • Options
    I absolutely blew through it this time around. Here's the stats as of when I did it:
    zVeers - G11 - 169 Speed
    Deathtrooper - G12 - 194 Speed
    Snowtrooper - G11 - 136 Speed
    Shoretrooper G11 - 177 Speed
    zStarck - G11 - 225 Speed
    As you can see, I've not exactly poured incredible mods onto them all, just Starck (and Shoretrooper but most of his are just defensive, not Speed). Get him as fast as possible, and his continual buff-spreading will hurry the rest of them up.

The first wave should be a complete non-issue. Blow through it real easy. If you don't have Veers Zeta, try to leave a couple enemies on low health then take them both out with 1 AOE if you can (will put everyone at easily enough TM to make the second wave easier).

The second wave just requires you to go at Han with everything you have until he is dead. I know the Foresight is annoying, but you just have to kill him first. Once that's done it doesn't matter much, but I generally kill Leia then Luke.
  • Options

The problem with this idea is that gear level is way more important than star level when it comes to how strong a character is. I could field a team of 7* toons at gear level 1, should they never lose? 5* is just the requirement to get in, it's not a description of the mission's difficulty. With that being said, I do think the IPD mission is harder than it needs to be, but I absolutely don't think a team of 7* toons should translate to an auto-win.
  • Grommit
    63 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Im curious if anyone did it with Magmatrooper over Death Trooper?
    I don't have DT at 5* yet, but my magma is decent. Didnt quite make the IPD run this go but got closer than before.
    Curious on peoples thoughts of Magma vs DT
    Post edited by Grommit on
  • Options
    Grommit wrote: »
    I don't have DT at 5* yet, but my magma is decent. Didnt quite make the IPD run this go but got closer than before.

I tried it. Possible, but he does considerably less damage, and the lack of any Daze really starts to sting in the second wave.
  • Options
    Agree with above - star count is not important IMO. Gear/mods. This is admittedly a tough one but once you get that first kill the trooper machine starts moving and it's kind of hard to stop. A strong ShT helps a lot b/c he allows Snow to just spam his AOE.
  • Options
    Grommit wrote: »

I did. I like my Troopers, lots of fun smashing rebel scum. Save DT to run with Krennic or donate to platoons because someone has to :(
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    The second wave just requires you to go at Han with everything you have until he is dead. I know the Foresight is annoying, but you just have to kill him first. Once that's done it doesn't matter much, but I generally kill Leia then Luke.

One exception should be if you are using DT, Han is dead, and Luke uses his cleanse. Immediately deathmark him and he's toast. You can then deal with Leia at your leisure.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

One exception should be if you are using DT, Han is dead, and Luke uses his cleanse. Immediately deathmark him and he's toast. You can then deal with Leia at your leisure.

Yeah. But honestly, at that point, there's not much you can do to actually lose.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    I roll in there with 2 gear 12s Death and Shoretrooper,with Veers at gear 9,stark gear 8,and maybe magma whos gear 9 and I still get blasted.At this point I refuse to put a zeta on Veers due to the fact there getting harder to come by and Im literally done spending money on this game.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    After watching a lot of videos of this mission, my conclusion is that to have a chance, you need at least one of the following:

1. zeta Veers
    2. Deathtrooper
    3. Mostly g10/11 or better gear

I've seen people with only one of these three pull off a win. But without at least one, don't try.
  • Options
    I roll in there with 2 gear 12s Death and Shoretrooper,with Veers at gear 9,stark gear 8,and maybe magma whos gear 9 and I still get blasted.At this point I refuse to put a zeta on Veers due to the fact there getting harder to come by and Im literally done spending money on this game.

Well the main problem there is the distinct lack of Snowtrooper. He's probably the second most important Trooper, behind only Veers himself.
  • Jookaa
    30 posts Member
    Options
    either you gear them and Star them or you mod them very well. It is fairly easy once you pick your path.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I plan to use my imperial soldiers on this mission for the first time as they are not quite finished yet:
    ZVeers, 5* (almost 6...), g10, 189 speed
    Starck, 7*, g9, 217
    Shoretrooper, 6* (almost 7...), g9, 131
    Snowtrooper, 7*, g10, 136
    Deathtrooper, 6*, g11, 174

Before even tackling the second part of the mission, what would be the correct strategy for phase 1? Those rebel soldiers make me nervous about using Snow’s AOE. I’m affraid my Shoretrooper will get crushed by their retributions if the Deathtrooper fails to stick daze on them.
  • Options
    Shoretrooper will get blasted by counters, but nothing is as pleasing as watching snowtrooper AOE, AOE, AOE, AOE and the first round is wiped.

Just gotta have shores crit immunity up, obviously have him geared enough (disclaimer: mines G9 and didn't survive the wave) but managed to get through for some ipd shards
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    Problem is counters will wipe somebody every time snow uses an aoe so I think you have to ham min g11 tanks or zveers or you won't get past wave 1. 6 and 7 * has no chance to survive.

First time I completed this mission was with a g9 Stormtrooper tank. Yes, with arena quality mods, but still: Less than g11 will do.
  • Options
    I was just about to note that Storm is a pretty terrific damage sponge in this round. Veers, Starck, Snow, Storm ... what could go wrong?
  • Options
    gufu21 wrote: »
    After watching a lot of videos of this mission, my conclusion is that to have a chance, you need at least one of the following:

1. zeta Veers
    2. Deathtrooper
    3. Mostly g10/11 or better gear

I've seen people with only one of these three pull off a win. But without at least one, don't try.

Yes, zeta Veers is probably the most critical. But I'd argue that you can do it without Deathtrooper and he can be hived off to platoons if you need to. In fact you can do without DT up to and including P6 CM in a IT team provided your core is G11 plus.

I did the IPD SM yesterday with the only hits being taken counters from some rebel troopers and CLS.

I used zVeers and Shore at G12; Starck, and, Snowy at G11; and Magma at G8. G11 Stormy could have subbed in for Shore.

Veers, Starck and Snowy are modded for speed and CC,CD and/or offence; and Shore modded for speed and health/protection. Magma is meh and just a spare tyre.

Try and stockpile your specials as you close to the end of phase 1 so they can be used in wave 2.

Kill order in wave 2 is CHS, ROLO then CLS.